1007 users online (194 members and 813 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

What's Your Opinion On Why Jurors Ask To Hold And See Heart Sticker

What's everyone opinions on why the jurors asked to see up close the heart sticker.
    I think that it is favorable to the SAs office as I think they wanted to compare the size to see if it's about the size of a dime as the FBI lady said the heart residue was the size of a dime.

I think, and I could be wrong, it was because while Baez was asking the CSI about it, he never identified what it was he was asking about, and never showed it to the jury. And I don't think the state asked the CSI about it at all while she was on the stand. So the jury was probably totally in dark about what the heck it was, period!

They may want to compare that heart to the ones found at the home. We found those hearts and posted them on the thread here, and they are raised. I had some that I used in crafts at the time. I don't think there was many on the paper, like 8 or so. It would have been nice if they found one of them on a item in the home. They are distinctive and unique from the flat ones.
    Your Dream must be greater than your fear!

well it showed the jury were paying close attention which is a good sign

Quote Originally Posted by pipkins View Post
    well it showed the jury were paying close attention which is a good sign
    ITA......they realized that they did not see the item and spoke up. Very reassuring IMO.

Maybe it was to see if it left a residue on the backing. I'd think that a thicker sticker might leave more of a residue on duct tape, more than one of the flat stickers.

I'm guessing they didn't see it when it was introduced.

And they also wanted to know if it was the size of a dime.

Dont burn the day away

Quote Originally Posted by Ms.Heather View Post
    I'm guessing they didn't see it when it was introduced.

And they also wanted to know if it was the size of a dime.
    I heard one of the commentators (on twitter in the room) say they Jury said they did not see that on their monitor...

By the way, on my stickers sheets that I have had for my nieces, they have various hearts on them, some flat and some like a bubble like that one, all on the same sheet.. the bubble one is sort of special (or a glitter one) I always save them for something special.

so did Casey

Quote Originally Posted by Sabrina2011 View Post
    I heard one of the commentators (on twitter in the room) say they Jury said they did not see that on their monitor...

By the way, on my stickers sheets that I have had for my nieces, they have various hearts on them, some flat and some like a bubble like that one, all on the same sheet.. the bubble one is sort of special (or a glitter one) I always save them for something special.

so did Casey
    ITA with you, Casey probably used a special one because in her mind that would make what she did okay.

I am a little concerned that asking for the evidence means they are discussing the case when they are not supposed to be. Don't want JB to jump on this as a reason for mistrial.

Quote Originally Posted by citigirl View Post
    I am a little concerned that asking for the evidence means they are discussing the case when they are not supposed to be. Don't want JB to jump on this as a reason for mistrial.
    Could be, but the deputies are with them at all times. If they were discussing, they would have immediately been told to stop and HHJP would have been informed.

Also, we don't know who asked - for all we know, it could have just been one juror asking a deputy, and others nodded in agreement. I'm just guessing there, but it seems possible.

Quote Originally Posted by citigirl View Post
    yes, and the admonitions by JP, dont discuss this among yourselves. It is perplexing at this point. I have served on numerous juries, and we were told not to discuss the case amongst ourselves until it was over. But JP knows case law, and he said jury was allowed to see it, so go figure.

I had to work so I don't know. Did they ever get to see it?
    For Elizabeth, a minor child, a victim. Thank God she is home!

*Gitana (means "Gypsy girl"). Pronounced "hee tah nah."

Quote Originally Posted by gitana1 View Post
    I had to work so I don't know. Did they ever get to see it?
    Yes, they got to see it on the slide, then pass the sample around.

So is the sticker the size of a dime?
    “This fog is not so deep that it stops you from attempting to fabricate evidence, right??” Juan Martinez

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast