What's Your Opinion On Why Jurors Ask To Hold And See Heart Sticker

truckengirl

Reaction score
What's everyone opinions on why the jurors asked to see up close the heart sticker.
I think that it is favorable to the SAs office as I think they wanted to compare the size to see if it's about the size of a dime as the FBI lady said the heart residue was the size of a dime.

I think, and I could be wrong, it was because while Baez was asking the CSI about it, he never identified what it was he was asking about, and never showed it to the jury. And I don't think the state asked the CSI about it at all while she was on the stand. So the jury was probably totally in dark about what the heck it was, period!

They may want to compare that heart to the ones found at the home. We found those hearts and posted them on the thread here, and they are raised. I had some that I used in crafts at the time. I don't think there was many on the paper, like 8 or so. It would have been nice if they found one of them on a item in the home. They are distinctive and unique from the flat ones.

well it showed the jury were paying close attention which is a good sign

Maybe it was to see if it left a residue on the backing. I'd think that a thicker sticker might leave more of a residue on duct tape, more than one of the flat stickers.

I'm guessing they didn't see it when it was introduced.

And they also wanted to know if it was the size of a dime.

I'm guessing they didn't see it when it was introduced.

And they also wanted to know if it was the size of a dime.

I heard one of the commentators (on twitter in the room) say they Jury said they did not see that on their monitor...

By the way, on my stickers sheets that I have had for my nieces, they have various hearts on them, some flat and some like a bubble like that one, all on the same sheet.. the bubble one is sort of special (or a glitter one) I always save them for something special.

so did Casey

I heard one of the commentators (on twitter in the room) say they Jury said they did not see that on their monitor...

By the way, on my stickers sheets that I have had for my nieces, they have various hearts on them, some flat and some like a bubble like that one, all on the same sheet.. the bubble one is sort of special (or a glitter one) I always save them for something special.

so did Casey

ITA with you, Casey probably used a special one because in her mind that would make what she did okay.

I am a little concerned that asking for the evidence means they are discussing the case when they are not supposed to be. Don't want JB to jump on this as a reason for mistrial.

I am a little concerned that asking for the evidence means they are discussing the case when they are not supposed to be. Don't want JB to jump on this as a reason for mistrial.

Could be, but the deputies are with them at all times. If they were discussing, they would have immediately been told to stop and HHJP would have been informed.

Also, we don't know who asked - for all we know, it could have just been one juror asking a deputy, and others nodded in agreement. I'm just guessing there, but it seems possible. :waitasec:

yes, and the admonitions by JP, dont discuss this among yourselves. It is perplexing at this point. I have served on numerous juries, and we were told not to discuss the case amongst ourselves until it was over. But JP knows case law, and he said jury was allowed to see it, so go figure.

I had to work so I don't know. Did they ever get to see it?

So is the sticker the size of a dime?

I am still trying to work on that. Missed alot today cause had to take mom to a dr. appt. trying to catch up. The sticker testimony was kind of confusing, considering previous testimony and the cardboard, etc.

I heard an explanation on WESH that may make you feel better about it. Apparently the jurors are never left alone to discuss things. There is always at least one Deputy with them.

So it was said that usually if a juror has an important question, like they could not hear or see something in evidence that day, they are told to ask the Deputy/Chaperone about it. So if a juror spoke up and said " Hey, was that exhibit ever shown because my screen was blank" then the deputy would send a note to the judge. NO MISTRIAL IMO.

I heard an explanation on WESH that may make you feel better about it. Apparently the jurors are never left alone to discuss things. There is always at least one Deputy with them.

So it was said that usually if a juror has an important question, like they could not hear or see something in evidence that day, they are told to ask the Deputy/Chaperone about it. So if a juror spoke up and said " Hey, was that exhibit ever shown because my screen was blank" then the deputy would send a note to the judge. NO MISTRIAL IMO.

That does make perfect sense now.

The item in question #313, was testified to, introduced into evidenced and received as evidence by the clerk, but it was never shown to the Jury members. Simple as that.

Maybe it was to see if it left a residue on the backing. I'd think that a thicker sticker might leave more of a residue on duct tape, more than one of the flat stickers.

Especially in a trunk with temps in excess of 100 degress, the adhesive would surely soften and become more tacky. By the time they found Caylee, that sticker could have rolled up into an unrecognizable little spear and degraded or washed away.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Veryinterested68
Back