968 users online (195 members and 773 guests)  

Websleuths News

TX - Convicted SO dies while raping elderly woman

My heart goes out to this poor woman. I think this is a case where karma played a strong part. I have to wonder if there have been other victims--children or elders.

Refugio County man dies while raping elderly woman

"An elderly Refugio County [TX] woman is recovering after being sexually assaulted by a man authorities died during the crime. It all happened in the rural community of Tivoli earlier this month. Refugio County Sheriff's Office deputies reported that 53-year-old Isabel Chavelo Gutierrez was in the middle of raping a 77-year-old woman back on June 2nd when he suddenly dropped dead.

Investigators said they believe Gutierrez had seen the victim at a local post office the day before and rode his bicycle to her home. He reportedly found the woman asleep in bed, woke her up by holding a pocket knife to her and demanded sex. Gutierrez reportedly told the woman he needed to rest and then died....."

more at link

ETA: I wasn't certain that he was a RSO. He was. The only one in town. A few more details here:

Karma at its finest! I feel terrible for the woman. I think there are probably other victims.

Ya know what? That was too kind a death for this POS. He saw this poor lady at the post office and drove his fat a*s on a bike to brutally violate her in her own home?

God Bless this poor woman.

Another RSO who was rehabilitated?

One less slimeball for us to support in prison. Sorry to put it that way, but that's how I feel about it.
    I hope the poor woman is okay.

That's what I call swift justice! I'm only sorry it didn't happen before he victimized another. Good riddance.

Florida's Treasure Coast
    I hope this lady recovers from this horrible ordeal. Dropping dead is probably the first good thing this pos ever did in his life.

The very fact that he would ride a good distance to her house to rape the woman tells me that this woman simply cannot be the only victim. I hope, now that he's dead, that others might come forward.

Our elders are not ready reporters as they are afraid--often rightly so--of losing their freedom and often blame themselves for the attacks. As if a woman in Refugio typically needs to watch her back on the way home from the Post Office. I'm tremendously sorry about the assault and also about the fact that the woman had to deal with this large man dying in her house. That's her safe place, her comfort zone and he breached it. It's a small town (pop. 3000). Hopefully that unique small town Texas support is flowing about now.

Rochester, New York

Man Dies While Sexually Assaulting an Elderly Woman

Too bad he didn't die on the bike ride over.

Man Dies While Raping Elderly Woman
    By JEREMY TANNER Staff reporter
    7:51 p.m. PDT, June 13, 2011

TIVOLI, TX (PIX11)A convicted sex offender died while in the act of raping a 77-year-old woman in the small Texas town of Tivoli, officials said.

Isabel Chavelo Gutierrez, 53, rode a bicycle two miles from his home in Refugio, Texas, to the elderly victim's home June 2nd, according to the Refugio Sheriff's Office....

Yet another convicted sex offender reoffends...when will we learn?! Glad he's dead because he'd simply have been set loose again into society to do it again. JMO~

Can't wrap my mind around why anyone would rape a 77 y/o elderly woman. What a sicko! I pray this woman can heal and overcome such a trauma that was inflicted upon her during this horrific crime.

I hope her family, neighbors & friends are with her and comforting her.
    Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous -
    Albert Einstein

State of Disbelief. SC
    Wow. Talk about instant karma.
    Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean.
    We are all just trying to make sense of an unimaginable crime.