1228 users online (219 members and 1009 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54
    We have absolutely nothing to confirm that the atty friend in AL is representing Matt in the wrongful termination suit.
    I will say that very often what AD says is often subequently backed up, and she is most often right on. but until it is let's leave it alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl* View Post
    Understood. I think that just may be one of the first thoughts that comes to mind with the term "delusional," and that may have been how the term was first introduced on the thread. (I didn't bring it up) I don't think we have any evidence that ANY mental illness has been diagnosed, and I sure would hate for that term to "stick" because of the stigma of the word (which I know is not deserved but it is a fact, that a stigma exists).
    No, you're right, I haven't seen any diagnosis of mental illness either, and as I've pointed out, paranoia and delusion can be caused by any number of things other than mental illness - I'd mentioned head injury, medications such as anti-depressants, ingestion of chemical substances. There are more things than that that can cause them too. Inhalation of substances in the environment such as carbon monoxide, etc.

Thank you for this perspective. Can you give any more details without breaking a confidence? Such as what DN would like to be happening with media, including WS? Personally, I'll stop posting immediately if the family believes this type of forum is harming them in any way.
    I did not ask her about WS, just if there was anything I could possibly do. She just said they are working on GP's disappearance everyday. If they are favoring GP's approach, I'm guessing that you will not see them in the media unless deemed necessary.
    MacGyver: If I had some duct tape, I could fix that.

[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6757843#post6757843"]TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #7 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Fran, what have you seen work in the other cases? And why do we think no one is looking for Gail?
    Sorry for not answering you earlier Pearl. I've been watching the trial of another case.

IF local LE doesn't follow through on a case, it's difficult to get anyone interested. AMW doesn't want a case unless LE will talk to them. The EquaSearch group won't do searches unless invited by LE. The only thing Sometimes that's difficult, depending on what's been happening around the country at that time. Like now there's the Casey Anthony case in Florida which has news agencies from around the world camped out on the court steps and broadcasting live the trial and nightly news programs dedicated to nothing but that trial and all the drama.

Locally, they could have a candle light vigil and invite the media. There's groups such as the Sund Foundation, which often times will contribute to a reward and make media announcements of such.

There's a number of programs such as GMA, Nancy Grace (she's in Florida for the Anthony Case), local programming. Sometimes it just takes ONE news reporter to become interested in the case that may help keep the case alive and in the public eye.

Unfortunately I've seen a number of cases, like Gail's, that get a week or two of attention and fall off the radar and still are unsolved today. Sometimes it may take a few months for a case to die down, but some loose steam much sooner, as this one has. It's the family and friends that have to keep chugging along and HOPE that just one, just one RIGHT person will become involved that will help the case come to a close, AFTER the case is solved.

JMHO
    fran

Quote Originally Posted by ThoughtFox View Post
    Sleuthy: This article has the stuff about Arlene going to Batesville, and also talking to Mr. Helton, who actually lives in Ider, AL, and not in MS.

http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publisher...104&isRss=true

I hope that Arlene didn't do anything that would be considered harassment of Tammy Helton. But what I don't understand is why the SMPD would call Arlene instead of calling the local Batesville police?

Frankly I think she did Mr. Helton a favor in calling him since he didn't know about the affair his ex-wife was having with MP. He's another victim as far as I'm concerned.

JUST FWIW, there's sites that discuss what to do, or what to expect, when you find your spouse cheating. Don't get me wrong, it's not to divorce them immediately, but tells you steps to take, ways to cope, what to do if you should decide to leave, etc., etc., etc.....................

Now I haven't read this site myself and don't even have a link, but I know somewone who's going through a separation after attempting to work out the feeling of betrayal. Anyway, one thing they say to do is, when you find out your spouse was cheating and the OTHER person is also married, that you contact that OTHER SPOUSE and tell them what's been going on. What happens from there, is NOT your problem.

So......IMHO................the fact that AD told the estranged husband of the woman MP was having an affair with is, really no big deal. AD didn't do anything wrong and she CANNOT go to jail for THAT.

I agree with you, AD was doing the other husband a favor.

LOL, yeah, the person I knew talked to the other spouse,.......that is after they made their own spouse do the initial talking and admit what they'd done.

JMHO
    fran

Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54