1039 users online (214 members and 825 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Btown View Post
    What is that sticking out of the front of the passenger window?

I think it's the side mirror--that's what it seems to show in the reflection on the glass.

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatechance View Post
    It would actually be easier to see the 3 letters and 3 numbers than the name of the county. The license plate letters and numbers are the largest items on the plates.
    Right. But I was thinking maybe the view was cut off so they couldn't get a full view of the plate, maybe just the top part?

Quote Originally Posted by VeryVeritas View Post
    Why would you assume that it just went around the block?
    It's all in the wording, again.

At a press conference this morning, Qualters held up two pictures of the truck heading west on 10th Street toward Morton Street. It first appeared on video at 4:14 a.m. It then drove north on Morton and appeared again on video heading west on 10th Steet at 4:24 a.m., meaning it circled the block.

http://idsnews.com/news/story.aspx?id=81929
    Now what did Qualters actually say?
    I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.
    ― Franklin D. Roosevelt

Gabriel Johnson and Sylar Newton. Come home safely Gabriel Johnson! RIP Sweet Sylar.

Ok another thought... wouldnt LE have more of the image of the truck as it approached?

With the enhanced version, I don't think it looks like a single person in the back.

Quote Originally Posted by blazelet View Post
    Bloomington Police have sent out higher res versions of these photos (click for bigger images) :

And here are similar models of trucks from 2005 that they sent out :

2005 Chevy Colorado :

2005 Chevy Silverado :

Neither of your images are of 4door crew cabs.

What is that sticking out of the front of the passenger window?

Does it look like there are 2 people sitting on a bench behind the truck, to the right (drivers side)????? It looks like someone in black pants and a white top. Maybe I am just confused by the blurryness...can you guys take a look?

Might help to post these directly rather than linking. These are the jpegs Bloomington police have sent to news media at full resolution.

http://preview.filesonic.com/img/fe/a5/8d/1842641.jpg

http://preview.filesonic.com/img/2f/94/c1/1842631.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by adnoid; 06-15-2011 at 04:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaDoll View Post
    Does it look like there are 2 people sitting on a bench behind the truck, to the right (drivers side)????? It looks like someone in black pants and a white top. Maybe I am just confused by the blurryness...can you guys take a look?
    what is that image? perhaps it is just part of the landscape.

Quote Originally Posted by 123F View Post
    Neither of your images are of 4door crew cabs.
    Im just reposting what Bloomington PD has sent out.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkinablueworld View Post
    I think it is just an assumption that the confrontation was with JW's fraternity brothers. I haven't seen anything that identified the people who ruffed up JR.

Please tag the article and correct me if I'm wrong!

I still don't think its a stranger abduction yet. Her Mom's pleas seem more specifically directed. The other boys were so quick to get lawyers, and the out of town exit of JW leave me feeling uncomfortable.

I'm still praying for a miracle for Lauren to be found safe!
    Respectfully, BBM:

The friend [an unidentified frat brother of JW] said Wolff received no phone calls or visitors in the hours after his fraternity brothers confronted Spierer and Rossman at Smallwood.

http://www.fox59.com/news/bloomingto...,3710472.story

Quote Originally Posted by 123F View Post
    I was just about to type the same thing.... where is the "gravel lot" where the dogs lost her track to in reference to this trucks possible routes?

Could it be she got into the back of the truck willingly?
    The lot would be behind the boys' apt complex. So on Morton about half way between 10th & 11th. So very possible.

Waffle House Cam

I wondering if LE is really aware of all possible cams that could contribute to the accumulation of useful data in this small area between 5 North and Smallwood...

For example the people in the mysterious White Truck may have eaten in the Waffle House earlier and be on those videos. Even though the cam is inside the restaurant, it may be possible to see vehicles outside or a small slice of N. College where someone walking or driving in the background could be seen even if out of focus.

I agree that anyone who was in that area that night should by now have heard about this and be calling in to indentify themselves and telling what they observed - even if it was totally quiet. That would include delivery people, paramedics, LE, late night shift workers, construction workers who for whatever reason were still there at that hour...

Aside from Kilroys are there other bars in the area? Sometimes people who stay until last call make it to their vehicle but pass out for a while before driving home. Students would typically go to their hang outs and walk home... but locals or people like construction workers might have another set of places to imbibe and then drive home.

Seems to me that if the person in the white truck doesn't come forward, it would increase suspicion.

I think that a lot of technical analysis could narrow a lot of possibilities down.
    These cases often require such analysis and local LE's do not have those resources.
    Unfortunately our country has rather upside down priorities when it comes to these matters. We could do a lot more to prevent and quickly solve these sorts incidents.
    Many people comment about how interest is elevated when it's a young white attractive female from the right socioeconomic class is involved. We need an infrastructure to support LE large enough and effective enough that everyone missing is found. It should be a national priority.

Thats not between 9th and 11th. Thats between 8th and 9th.
    True! Sorry about that.
    Forgive my typos, I'm getting used to typing on an iPad.

Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast