Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #5

FWIW, in the partial photo of the truck, it really looks like either hoses or perhaps a lawn mower handle sticking up...so either a landscaper who mows lawns, or a pool cleaner or carpet cleaner with hoses?
    I am looking for a few good sleuthers to help Missie find her sister--please, please, please bring your fresh ideas!!

Deanna Merryfield:
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58438

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Julessleuther For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by curiousgirl2010 View Post
    I think we will hear of a "body" found before we hear about who the Truck driver is, if the person is, indeed, involved.

What are the chances that the person might be keeping Lauren alive?
    JMO: not high, though not impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by epiphany View Post
    JMO: not high, though not impossible.
    Not good at all, according to Forensic Astrologists...
    Just my opinion, of course.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

On second thought re polygraph, don't think it will be JW since he is not one of the last POIs to see LS. Perhaps, JR? I tend to believe Mike B, so that eliminates CR for me.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to epiphany For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ven View Post
    It's not like the truck can go forever without stopping though, she could jump out at any point the vehicle slowed down enough.

If you're gonna abduct someone, I would think allowing them to be free in the back of the truck would be the least effective way to do that.
    Unless she's comfortable not thinking she would be in danger. In a heartbeat that back window was open so someone could talk to her.She could've gone in the cab. Or maybe she thought she was riding in the back on the way to a party. Or breakfast.?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to TobyWong* For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by epiphany View Post
    On second thought re polygraph, don't think it will be JW since he is not one of the last POIs to see LS. Perhaps, JR? I tend to believe Mike B, so that eliminates CR for me.
    CR's lawyer has been open about him cooperating though, so maybe he wanted this done and will tell us soon if it was him. We were told he gave DNA, and I believe his cell and car were turned over early on.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    CR's lawyer has been open about him cooperating though, so maybe he wanted this done and will tell us soon if it was him. We were told he gave DNA, and I believe his cell and car were turned over early on.
    If MB has been 100% truthful, then we would have a bit more info if MB took and passed the poly since CR is reported to not remember anything from the 15 min prior to his entering Smallwood w/LS forward. We would know the condition LS was in when she left his place, etc.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to epiphany For This Useful Post:

Some people on the FB page for Lauren are saying when they rework the photo, it is a dent, not lettering that straddles two doors...

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/...347639&sk=wall
    Last edited by cluciano63; 06-15-2011 at 07:57 PM.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

Did a search on the Chevy Colorado and an article said "and it's counterpart the GMC Canyon".

LE should also look for this brand. Can someone notify them?

Here's the pic:

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Janeumayer For This Useful Post:

From facebook

Is this the truck?
    Call it in. You never know.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Janeumayer For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Julessleuther View Post
    FWIW, in the partial photo of the truck, it really looks like either hoses or perhaps a lawn mower handle sticking up...so either a landscaper who mows lawns, or a pool cleaner or carpet cleaner with hoses?
    I enlarged the picture to 500X, and it to me it looks like someone is holding someone else down in the back of the truck...the person being held down is using an arm to push away the other person. Could be way off base, but it looks like it to me. If you see the other photo of the truck, you can see someone sitting in the passengers seat.

Attached Images Attached Images

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bgmiller5 For This Useful Post:

I think this is just a bad quality image and people see what they want to see-like a face on the moon. If a truck is going to drive around with a girl sitting in an open bed, people are going to notice. So it would have been a pretty stupid way to kidnap someone.

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jjenny For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    If CR took and pass the polygraph, I bet his lawyer is going to tell us soon enough.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jjenny For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by 123F View Post
    I sent an email to LE asking if they saw the truck in the Facebook image that curiousgirl2010 posted. Anything small they said right?
    Wondering if you could post the email so that we can send in whatever we find of importance? TIA

Quote Originally Posted by jjenny View Post
    I think this is just a bad quality image and people see what they want to see-like a face on the moon. If a truck is going to drive around with a girl sitting in an open bed, people are going to notice. So it would have been a pretty stupid way to kidnap someone.
    I didn't know there was a "smart" way to kidnap someone. They sped off and ran a stop sign, so they apparently weren't too bright in the first place.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bgmiller5 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by horrible orange View Post
    I can sort of see where it might look like a person in the back of the truck, but I don't think that the photo would have been released to the public if LE thought the same thing.
    I was thinking that maybe LE blurred the person so they get all the tips they need and not create chaos.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Janeumayer For This Useful Post:

This might sound stupid but I never felt like any of these guys harmed Lauren.
    I have a personal connection to this case because I'm Jewish and Jewish people tend to REALLY stick together. It's a very tight knit community and everyone just seems to want to help everyone. No matter the "altercation" or "jealousy", in the end of the day, when push comes to shove, we consider ourselves "the chosen people" and we are going to stick together.

All the kids involved are Jewish which means they have the whole "our ancestors suffered together" in their minds. I mean, we listen about how we have to stick together all our lives.

It might seem naive and bias, but I always felt like we were talking about people from a tight knit community that really wouldn't hurt one another.

I know this may sound stupid and naive for most of you, but it makes sense to me and that was always my gut feeling.
    Using that logic, Jewish people would never commit crimes against each other-which is clearly not the case. Furthermore, I don't think anyone even speculated that this would have been a pre-meditated type of a crime by anyone who knew Lauren.

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jjenny For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by bgmiller5 View Post
    I didn't know there was a "smart" way to kidnap someone. They sped off and ran a stop sign, so they apparently weren't too bright in the first place.
    A "smart" way to kidnap someone would be to do it in a way as to not attract attention and be discovered. No?

34. The Following User Says Thank You to jjenny For This Useful Post:

Ven

Quote Originally Posted by Janeumayer View Post
    I was thinking that maybe LE blurred the person so they get all the tips they need and not create chaos.
    One would think LE would try to make the image clearer instead of blurring it, if they are trying to get all the tips they need.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to jjenny For This Useful Post:

Qualters said the BPD is currently looking at more video footage of Lauren from that night, but would not release the video’s location or content. He said the BPD is able to identify who was with her in the footage.

“I can tell you that we have video that depicts Lauren in various locations and we aren’t in the position to tell you where it’s from,” he said.
    http://www.idsnews.com/news/story.aspx?id=81929

Sorry if this is a repost but I didn't remember seeing it on the thread...They have video of LS in various locations. So far we know they have a video of her in the alley leaving Smallwood and in an altercation between CR and JW friends. Wonder if there are more?

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ncbuckeyecb For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ncbuckeyecb View Post

Sorry if this is a repost but I didn't remember seeing it on the thread...They have video of LS in various locations. So far we know they have a video of her in the alley leaving Smallwood and in an altercation between CR and JW friends. Wonder if there are more?
    There are so many cameras down there-my guess is at the bar itself,there should be a video.

Quote Originally Posted by ncbuckeyecb View Post

I mentioned this earlier -- but it got lost because of the flurry after the photos were released. This is actually the biggest news of the day. In many a post we were assuming she didn't leave on foot (we thought there were no other videos).

One more thing...I have been a staunch anti-random-abduction guy from the start -- but the release of the vehicle photos has resulted in my having a more open mind.on the theory.

41. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TonyGatto For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by puffster View Post
    I mentioned this earlier -- but it got lost because of the flurry after the photos were released. This is actually the biggest news of the day. In many a post we were assuming she didn't leave on foot (we thought there were no other videos).

One more thing...I have been a staunch anti-random-abduction guy from the start -- but the release of the vehicle photos has resulted in my having a more open mind.on the theory.
    I agree, but also can't discount these possibilities:
    1. POI borrowed that truck
    2. truck was not involved in the disappearance

43. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ven For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by webrocket View Post
    from all appearances she was picked up by some guy in a pickup truck.

I am sure if one of the students in question owned such a vehicle we'd know by now.

<Modsnip>
    Maybe she knew the person/s in the truck and went with them or maybe they offered her a ride and she accepted?

45. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Janeumayer For This Useful Post:

Maybe another video would be getting from the bar to CR's building? LE not saying if they have any video of Lauren after 3am or so, as far as I know.

47. The Following User Says Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast