Page 14 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Surly Sasha View Post

Does it look like the 'writing' could be some sort of airbrushed design?
    To me, the second photo looks like writing rather than some 1990's airbrushed design.

Someone in central or southern Indiana needs this truck for work, and I doubt they have the luxury of a sympathetic auto painter or hiding it in a barn forever.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eqh For This Useful Post:

If someone were to get a ride in the truck, they would just get in the cab, not in the bed.

I too see how it could look like her, but pretty sure it's just some equipment back there.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ven For This Useful Post:

I think it is just the equipment, but it sure as heck looks like Lauren.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to curiousgirl2010 For This Useful Post:

Moving video is always more clear than still blurry photos. The eye is able to fill in the gaps, you see how things like highlights move on objects so you get a better idea of what they are made of ... or how reflective\rough they are. Police have this advantage and say it's equipment.

I sure wish we could see the video.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to blazelet For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by mrsu View Post
    hi res photos again

I haven't seen the "human figure" ya'all have been comenting about until I looked at the high resolution jpg. What I see is a short haired MALE crouched back there. Creepy

10. The Following User Says Thank You to WideOpen For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by FifthEssence View Post
    According to the attached Examiner article, her parents didn't find out until 'later' that day (Fri) Lauren was missing.
    http://www.examiner.com/criminal-pro...and-the-police

I'm guessing it is the parents that made the call to LE. yes?

Does anyone know WHAT TIME police were notified?
    I thought the boyfriend made a report at 4pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Ven View Post
    If someone were to get a ride in the truck, they would just get in the cab, not in the bed.

I too see how it could look like her, but pretty sure it's just some equipment back there.
    I dunno Ven. This person could have played the friendly, helpful type. I'm thinking the person could have seen Lauren walking, circled the block and then said 'Hop in the back, I'll take you home.'

This could be the reason for running the stop light/sign and taking off on the
    2nd pass. I wish we knew the location of that truck in the 2nd photo. Does anyone have an idea.

This is just a theory, btw.

wm
    ...and be sure your sin will find you out.

Numbers,32:23

13. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to waltzingmatilda For This Useful Post:

Just to put it out there...

It would seem "fun" for an intoxicated 20 year old to hop on the back of a truck. I always think it's fun to ride on the back of a truck when someone I know is driving one.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to curiousgirl2010 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by waltzingmatilda View Post
    I dunno Ven. This person could have played the friendly, helpful type. I'm thinking the person could have seen Lauren walking, circled the block and then said 'Hop in the back, I'll take you home.'

2nd pass. I wish we knew the location of that truck in the 2nd photo. Does anyone have an idea.

wm
    This is what I was thinking too. Someone may have stopped to chat with her, and she didn't sense the danger. They might have even warned her that LE would arrest her for public intox. if they saw her..."here I'll give you a ride"...idk, it could be.

LE said the truck went W on 10th, then went N. on Morton before circling back around and running that stop.

I sure would like to get confirmation of that scream that was heard too. The person who reportedly heard it thought it came from Morton, not College (farther N though). If she were in the truck bed, the truck sped off after telling her they would take her home, then she could have started screaming as they drove up Morton...driver pulls over and takes care of that..and maybe puts her in the cab at that point.
    I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.
    ― Franklin D. Roosevelt

Gabriel Johnson and Sylar Newton. Come home safely Gabriel Johnson! RIP Sweet Sylar.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kissdegirl For This Useful Post:

To the locals....

What is traffic like on a regular basis on the streets that this truck was traveling? It was an early morning Friday after being out on Thursday, right? I'm not familiar with the area, so just curious is one was walking on these streets, how many cars they would typically encounter on a block's walk?

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Whatever1 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by curiousgirl2010 View Post
    Just to put it out there...

It would seem "fun" for an intoxicated 20 year old to hop on the back of a truck. I always think it's fun to ride on the back of a truck when someone I know is driving one.
    Yeah, me too...also there may have been other people up front...just more endless questions.
    ― Franklin D. Roosevelt

Gabriel Johnson and Sylar Newton. Come home safely Gabriel Johnson! RIP Sweet Sylar.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to kissdegirl For This Useful Post:

Let's also remember that she was supposedly barefoot. So the thought of a ride in the back of a truck as opposed to continued walking and hurting her feet may have seemed alluring.

It could have been a total stranger, or it could have been someone she knew in passing, or friends of friends.

23. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kimmypie1 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Whatever1 View Post
    To the locals....

What is traffic like on a regular basis on the streets that this truck was traveling? It was an early morning Friday after being out on Thursday, right? I'm not familiar with the area, so just curious is one was walking on these streets, how many cars they would typically encounter on a block's walk?
    I'm not local, but LE said this if it helps. I honestly don't know any city other than Vegas that would have any kind of traffic at that time of day.

"Qualters said. He explained that few cars travel that block at about 4:30 in the morning"
    http://idsnews.com/news/story.aspx?id=81929
    ― Franklin D. Roosevelt

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kissdegirl For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Whatever1 View Post
    To the locals....

Few, but there's some construction in the area according to Captain JQ:

With all the construction in the area, it’s possible the driver may not be from around Bloomington and may not have an indication the BPD has an interest in the truck, Qualters said.

http://www.idsnews.com/news/story.aspx?id=81929

27. The Following User Says Thank You to epiphany For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by waltzingmatilda View Post

wm
    It's plausible. If that is an individual in the back, they certainly look like they are comfortable, though, and I don't think west on 10th and Morton was on her way home.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Ven For This Useful Post:

Page 14 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast