IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
257055720-08091055.jpg

http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-laur...r-missing-iu-student-20110608,0,1261306.story

Bloomington Police search for missing 20 year old woman
Lauren Spierer, age 20.
She is a white female, 4 feet 11 inches tall, slender build, has blue eyes and long blonde hair. She is listed as a student according to IU Bloomington's website.
Spierer was last seen walking south on College Avenue from 11th Street on her way back to her apartment in Smallwood Plaza, located on College Avenue.
She did not arrive to her apartment and video footage does not show her entering the apartment complex.
Spierer was wearing a white tank top with a loose, light colored button shirt over it and full length black stretch pants. She was not wearing shoes.

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4

Media Links
Photos

Please continue here...

I agree with Shefner. I just glanced at the enlarged photo and thought it looked like a person in the truck bed with his arm around or holding something down, and a tarp pulled over it (or her). That is creepy.

Could it be a person sitting/slumped in the back of the pickup...rather than equiptment? It's really hard to make out.

I think/pray/hope with the release of these photos and the massive amount of media attention this will come to some sort of end soon.

When I first saw the photo, I thought I saw someone in the back as well.

Qualters said police are trying to determine if the truck might be connected to construction in the area. He said police have identified another place that may have video of the area.

It looks like LE is aware of the possible construction connection. It certainly seems suspicious.

I agree with Shefner. I just glanced at the enlarged photo and thought it looked like a person in the truck bed with his arm around or holding something down, and a tarp pulled over it (or her). That is creepy.

The tool box appears to be at the tailgate of the truck....and just behind the rear window appears to be one or two people. But that could be the equipment that others have mentioned.

I have a 2000 Chevy s10 with a liner and the liner on the tailgate comes off easy.That could be why the inside looks white.

Ok, im on my phone at work, so I cant go back through all the threads at the moment. However I was just thinking of a few things that I dont have the answers to.

1. Do any of JW's frat brothers that were involved in the confrontation live at smallwood?

2. If no, why were they there? Especially curious as to why they were in the lobby of the 5th floor. (i think thats what was reported.

3. Does LS live on the floor that the confrontation occured?

4. Were the frat guys already on that floor when LS and CR got off the elevator, or did they follow them up there?

5. Were these guys at kilroys?

My whole purpose is to find out why the frat guys were at smallwood if none of them lived there. Did they follow LS home from kilroys, or were they waiting there for her?

Which of these truck photos came first according to the time stamps?

Actually looking real close now, I doubt there is a liner at all. I bet this truck was equipped with a Tekstyle Snap-On Tonneau Cover and it was transporting something.

That would give the detail of black around the edge.

The rims on the front and back wheels look different to me. That could be a big identifier for this truck. Did LE note this during the conference? Or am I just seeing things funny?

From this morning's presser:
The four-door Chevrolet Silverado or Colorado pickup was caught on video at 4:14 June 3, traveling west on 10th Avenue toward Morton Street, where it ran a stop sign and headed north on Morton, toward the building where the 20-year-old Edgemont High School graduate last visited. At 4:24 a.m., the vehicle is again seen traveling west on 10th toward Morton, Bloomington police Capt. Joe Qualters said.
http://www.lohud.com/article/20110615/NEWS02/106150373

The truck was described as a Chevrolet Silverado full-size truck or a Chevrolet Colorado mid-size truck, believed to be a mid-2000s year model with four doors, a short bed and distinctive wheels.

The truck does have a bed liner and had equipment in the back, police said. It's believed to have a logo or writing of some kind on the doors and on the tailgate."It's significant in the proximity and the timing," Qualters said. "Hopefully it's someone who can provide information to us, who may have seen something in that particular area."
http://www.theindychannel.com/news/28245536/detail.html

Quarles also said they are aware of another place that might have video of the area.

The rims on the front and back wheels look different to me. That could be a big identifier for this truck. Did LE note this during the conference? Or am I just seeing things funny?

I think something about unique wheels were mentioned...

Quarles did mention the truck had distinctive wheels. (I'm looking for the video now.)

Was the picture they showed today of Lauren leaving Smallwood taken before she went to the bar? Her roommate last said she went with DR to JR's first but she looks to be alone.

This truck could have also been used to move someone's belongings back home after the college year was over.

Which of these truck photos came first according to the time stamps?

I was wonder this as well. If they picked their equipment up not planning to return to the job site since they had picked up LS? All of this is just speculation and this truck may have just been in the area on ligitement business. If that is the case though, one would think they would have spotted LS and could offer information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail