GUILTY IN - Dorothy Heard, 74, Noblesville, 13 June 2011

Knox

Reaction score
Great-grandmother of abducted 10-year-old is missing

Updated: Wednesday, 15 Jun 2011, 7:23 AM EDT
Published : Wednesday, 15 Jun 2011, 6:21 AM EDT

NOBLESVILLE, Ind. (WISH) - Noblesville police are searching for a missing woman, who’s related to the 10-year-old girl who was abducted and found Tuesday night.

Family members told police that they have not seen or heard from 74-year-old Dorothy Heard since June 13. She is the great-grandmother of 10-year old Serena "Renie" Weicht, who was abducted Tuesday evening from Tipton.
http://www.wishtv.com/dpp/news/local/hamilton_county/Great-grandmother-missing,10-year-old-safe
Police: Disappearance Of Girl, Grandma May Not Be Related

Police Look For 74-Year-Old Woman After 10-Year-Old Relative Found

POSTED: 6:21 am EDT June 15, 2011
UPDATED: 5:14 pm EDT June 15, 2011
storytools_print.gif
storytools_email.gif

NOBLESVILLE, Ind. -- Police are looking for the great-grandmother of a girl who was found hours after being abducted from Tipton on Tuesday night, but investigators don't think the cases are related.Dorothy Heard, 74, was last seen on Monday evening, Noblesville police said.Officers were called to the 1500 block of South 16th Street on Tuesday evening, after family members said they had not seen Heard.
http://www.theindychannel.com/news/28242297/detail.html

Dorothy Heard is the Great-Grandmother of Serena Weicht-See Link Below.

Found Safe IN - Serena "Rene" Weicht, 10, Tipton, 14 June 2011 - Abducted - Page 3 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

dorothy-heard_20110615072244_320_240.JPG

Dorothy Heard, 74, was reported missing the same week her great-granddaughter was abducted. (WISH Photo)

There has to be more to this story than two seemingly unrelated disappearances in two days. Where was the great grandma last seen?

If the reports that I'm reading are correct, that the granddaughter was left off in Westfield, thats fairly close to Noblesville where the great grandma lived and a main route from Tipton to Westfield could go through Noblesville.

How often does a 10 year old get abducted, driven around, and dropped off?

This is so bizarre.

LE speaking, see video at link-

http://www.fox59.com/news/crime/wxi...-grandmother-missing-20110615,0,5485148.story

LE states:

Nothing out of place in the home-
Dorothy's purse is missing, but car is at home in driveway-
Scent dogs brought in, no hits. LE believes she was taken from her home in a vehicle-
LE checking credit card and bank info for any activity-
Heard was reported missing a few hours before Heard's granddaughter was kidnapped while riding her bike-

I was thinking that Serena could have shown her abductor where G-Ma lived (all her abductor did was drive her around for five hours). But she was abducted Tuesday evening, Dorothy has been missing since Monday night, so that doesn't add up.

I just think it's too bizarre to be coincidental.

I have not been able to locate this woman's date of birth, or see where she is listed on a Missing Person's site yet.

IF anyone sees it, please put it here.

Strange case indeed!

Maybe the grandma was already abducted and for whatever reason the abductor was going to bring the child to her....only changed his mind before he did.
Or maybe Grandma wasn't abducted, but wants the little girl...family issues?
Strange

Girl's abduction changes family's world

Updated: Wednesday, 15 Jun 2011, 11:35 PM EDT
Published : Wednesday, 15 Jun 2011, 11:35 PM EDT

TIPTON, Ind. (WISH) - A 10-year-old Tipton girl is with her family after she was abducted Tuesday. Now police continue to look for the man who she says forced her into his car.

Serena Weicht, one of three sisters, was riding her bike near her Tipton home Tuesday around 6:30 p.m.

"“We had just finished supper, and Serena had asked me if she could go for a bike ride, which she’'s done probably 100 times right around the block here," said her dad, Todd Weicht. "“I said, '‘Sure, you can go ride your bike."

When she didn’'t come home , he went looking for her. Around the corner from their home, he saw her bike knocked over near the intersection of North and Main streets.

“"I knew immediately something was wrong,"” he said.

A neighbor witnessed part of what happened when Serena was taken. She was talking to police when Todd Weicht approached.

"“She heard her scream, and then she saw the car taking off,"” Weicht said.

About four and a half hours later, Serena was found . Her abductor, she said, dropped her off at the Wendy’s in Westfield about 25 miles away.

Serena told her parents the man said very little. "He drove around a lot," Todd Weicht said. "He got a phone call, but he didn't talk for very long. There wasn't much conversation or dialogue there at all between them."

http://www.wishtv.com/dpp/news/crime/girls-abduction-changes-familys-world

I just can't help but wonder if this is related to the Grandmother's disappearance.

Just got a fox59 alert on my phone that police are investigating an area of interest.

266th and Mt pleasant Rd in Arcadia, IN

Sorry Im mobile and cant post links.

Relative Of Missing Woman, Abducted Girl Arrested

Police Search Hamilton County Lake For 74-Year-Old Woman

POSTED: 4:19 pm EDT June 16, 2011
UPDATED: 4:33 pm EDT June 16, 2011

storytools_print.gif
storytools_email.gif

ELWOOD, Ind. -- A relative of a missing 74-year-old Noblesville woman and a 10-year-old Tipton girl who was abducted earlier this week has been arrested in Elwood, police said.Noblesville police investigating the disappearance of Dorothy Heard, who was last seen Monday evening, asked Elwood police to make contact with Donald Burns, one of her relatives.When Elwood officers approached Burns in a grocery store parking lot just after 7 p.m. Tuesday, police said Burns drove away, leading officers on a short chase.

He was arrested on a preliminary charge of resisting law enforcement and was being held Thursday in the Madison County Jail on $250,000 bond, 6News' Joanna Massee reported.Police said Burns was driving a four-door silver Mitsubishi at the time of his arrest.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/28262015/detail.html

It seem the grand daughter would recognize a family member, perhaps they are distant or perhaps thats how they were pointed to him.

Either way this doesnt look good :(

This is too strange and just has got to be related, no?

It just makes zero sense..

Grandma was last seen Monday evening.. By Tuesday evening LE is contacted and she is reported Missing. Atvaround the same time that she is reported Missing her great grand daughter Serena is snatched off her bike with witnesses hearing and seeing most of the abduction, including giving an excellent description of the man that grabbed Serena.

Serena was not taken to any specific location but rather drove around continuously for 5 hours..(is there video of them stopping for gas..food..etc).. Serena is not assaulted in any way during the 5 hours. She says very little was spoken btwn them and that he received a phone call that was very short in length..and dropped off at a Wendy's 25 miles from her home..

LE must've had leads or tips that led them to the guy who they pursued in a short lived car chase resulting in him being arresting on charges stemming from the chase.. The vehicle fits the description of the abductors vehicle that snatched Serena.. Do we have a pic of this guy? Does he fit the description that was given of the abductor and better yet wouldbt Serena be able to positively id this guy as her abductor..

This has got to somehow be related..

Did I red that Heards purse is missing but her car was still at the home,and is grandmas house near either the place where Serena was abducted or the Wendy's where she was released?

Do we know any details from the little girl, like what she was told to do when he dropped her at the Wendy's?

And did she go alert workers of what had just taken place? Or was she recognized by someone as the missing child??

Just a couple of questions that I have.. Would love to hear more about this and see where it leads.. IMO it has got to lead to it having been connected..

Do we know if there is a connection of any kind found yet of the perp and any members of this family??

Last question(for now..lol).. Correct me if I'm wrong in I
Do not get the feeling we are talking about a family of great wealth? Not at all? Because upon first glance it could look like a ransom abduction attempt of some sort involving more than one victim therefor hoping to drive the ransom amount up.. But as I said from what I gather this family is not of any great wealth..

So the police caught up with Donald Burns in the grocery store, about 1/2 hour after Serena was kidnapped? And what, she was in the car or something at the time?

It seem the grand daughter would recognize a family member, perhaps they are distant or perhaps thats how they were pointed to him.

Either way this doesnt look good :(

In reports today ... Serena's Step-Great Grandmother.

Could be why the man was not recognized by Serena.

It's interesting that when Dorothy was reported missing, his name came up apparently. There must be a story there.

Meanwhile, police were searching a Hamilton County lake Thursday afternoon in connection with Heard's disappearance.Noblesville police Lt. Bruce Barnes said officers were investigating "things of interest" in the area of Lake Overdorf in Arcadia, near East 266th Street and Mt. Pleasant Road.
http://www.theindychannel.com/news/28262015/detail.html

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GravityHurts