Identified! OR - Clackamas Co., Bones found in creek, Jun'11 - Name withheld

I know exactly where this is. Sadly, my best friends son committed suicide last year by jumping off a bridge into the Clackamas river and he was never found. I wonder if it may be him?

I know exactly where this is. Sadly, my best friends son committed suicide last year by jumping off a bridge into the Clackamas river and he was never found. I wonder if it may be him?

Oh dear...I guess I hope it could be, for their sake, if they already know he is deceased...

Am sorry to hear :(
I also hope so, so your friend's son can be put to rest, and all loved ones can get some closure.

Like being punched in the gut to hear of this. Wonder when we will hear if remains have been confirmed as human or not.

To us living south of Portland, the whole county is still "Portland" to us.

I do hope we learn the identity of these remains quickly. Sometimes it seems like the follow-up on these kinds of reports is very slow.

I just looked on a map and it's about 8 miles from the Clackamas river. I don't know if the river somehow feeds to the creek. What is really ironic is the place where the bones were found is very close to an apartment he used to live in.

I just looked on a map and it's about 8 miles from the Clackamas river. I don't know if the river somehow feeds to the creek. What is really ironic is the place where the bones were found is very close to an apartment he used to live in.

I do hope it is him so that you and the family can have closure. :hug:

hmmh

I did not know that DairyGirl

According to google maps, Clackamas County is approx. 39 minutes drive from Skyline Elementary.

ETA another article: Police investigate bones found in Clackamas

From the picture in the news link above; looks like the creek bed is directly behind a house. If the remains are human, seems like that would be really risky.

My thoughts went immediately to DS and the house sitting she was said to do.

hope the family gets closure.

Whomever the remains belong to, I hope they are identified - as some family is out there suffering right now.

Mel

I don't know the area, but could these remains have washed down from upstream? I recall during some of the searches in the woods for Kyron there was water everywhere.

ETA: From looking at the pictures, it is a shallow dry-bed type creek, but the creekside looks high and steep so the water level might be much higher in rainy times.

Also, I wonder why they waffle sometimes about whether bones are animal or human. As Nancy Grace says, they can usually tell the difference right away.

I actually hope this is sweet Kyron's remains for the sake of closure and for him to be reunited with his family but, I do not believe this is in a very likely area for TH to have been any way near on June 4th. Of course, it is possible that this creek bed could be fed by other bodies of water transporting the remains by natural means...I dunno?

Also...I wonder if they weren't sure if this were the remains of an animal, would they really call a ME out to the scene? I would think it would be relatively easy to be able to distinguish between that an a small child?

I don't know the area, but could these remains have washed down from upstream? I recall during some of the searches in the woods for Kyron there was water everywhere.

ETA: From looking at the pictures, it is a shallow dry-bed type creek, but the creekside looks high and steep so the water level might be much higher in rainy times.

Also, I wonder why they waffle sometimes about whether bones are animal or human. As Nancy Grace says, they can usually tell the difference right away.
First, Thanks Clu for the O/P ;}

Thinking you are on the money ThoughtFox, as they can usually tell whether they are human bones. It seems they have garnered the forces for this discovery. If their basic thought was they were not animal this makes sense to me. Finding animal bones in areas like a creek bed must be quite common as we have a lot of cougar here that feed in our backyards.

The creek itself looks pretty normal for the area. Like getting down to it you can walk part way, winding through the vegetation and then maybe have to slide or go sideways down a couple of feet till it levels off again, etc.

These little creeks are where the fish spawn every year. They start out as little creeks up in the mountain areas and work their way down, joining each other and eventually dumping into the say Clackamas River which then dumps into the Willamette which dumps into the Columbia and then flows into the Pacific Ocean. Then every year, the Salmon leave the ocean and swim back upstream to the same place in that tiny creek where they were hatched and lay their eggs. It is amazing.

And if it is a dry creek bed that means water flows seasonally depending on the amount of rain or snow melt. So yes, in the Fall or Winter of the last year these bones could have washed down. We've had allot of flooding.

The condition of the bones made me think they were older than a year for some reason. IMO

aww... I hope it's not him... but then again your friend needs closure. IF there is such a thing.

First, Thanks Clu for the O/P ;}
The condition of the bones made me think they were older than a year for some reason. IMO
I hope for answers for DairyGirl's friend also.

But there is the possibility they are very old bones. Earlier this year there were bones found on a shore near Seattle that had people thinking about Shantina Smiley, especially since they were near or entangled in an old sleeping bag. But the bones were discovered to be very old and only of interest to archaeologists, not law enforcement. The association with the sleeping bag was coincidental.

{{{Dairygirl}}}

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lefer
Back