874 users online (169 members and 705 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

OR - Clackamas Co., Bones found in creek, Jun'11 - Name withheld

http://clackamas.katu.com/news/news/...eek-bed/441179
    May or may not be human bones.
    According to google, this is about 15 miles from Portland, is that correct?
    Last edited by Salem; 09-27-2011 at 09:46 AM.
    Just my opinion, of course.

According to google maps, Clackamas County is approx. 39 minutes drive from Skyline Elementary.

ETA another article: Police investigate bones found in Clackamas

I know exactly where this is. Sadly, my best friends son committed suicide last year by jumping off a bridge into the Clackamas river and he was never found. I wonder if it may be him?

Quote Originally Posted by DairyGirl View Post
    I know exactly where this is. Sadly, my best friends son committed suicide last year by jumping off a bridge into the Clackamas river and he was never found. I wonder if it may be him?
    Oh dear...I guess I hope it could be, for their sake, if they already know he is deceased...
    Just my opinion, of course.

Am sorry to hear
    I also hope so, so your friend's son can be put to rest, and all loved ones can get some closure.

Like being punched in the gut to hear of this. Wonder when we will hear if remains have been confirmed as human or not.
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

Interesting --

Strovink said the bones were in an advanced stage of decomposition and will require additional forensic examination to determine their origin.

In the last year, the area was cleared of dense brush, according to investigators.

http://www.koinlocal6.com/news/local...f6oRIuOIQ.cspx

To us living south of Portland, the whole county is still "Portland" to us.

I do hope we learn the identity of these remains quickly. Sometimes it seems like the follow-up on these kinds of reports is very slow.

I just looked on a map and it's about 8 miles from the Clackamas river. I don't know if the river somehow feeds to the creek. What is really ironic is the place where the bones were found is very close to an apartment he used to live in.

I just looked on a map and it's about 8 miles from the Clackamas river. I don't know if the river somehow feeds to the creek. What is really ironic is the place where the bones were found is very close to an apartment he used to live in.
    I do hope it is him so that you and the family can have closure.

hmmh

I did not know that DairyGirl

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

Quote Originally Posted by For_Love_of_Kyron View Post
    According to google maps, Clackamas County is approx. 39 minutes drive from Skyline Elementary.

ETA another article: Police investigate bones found in Clackamas
    From the picture in the news link above; looks like the creek bed is directly behind a house. If the remains are human, seems like that would be really risky.

My thoughts went immediately to DS and the house sitting she was said to do.
    You are the anchor to my soul, you won't let go ...

hope the family gets closure.

Whomever the remains belong to, I hope they are identified - as some family is out there suffering right now.

Mel

I don't know the area, but could these remains have washed down from upstream? I recall during some of the searches in the woods for Kyron there was water everywhere.

ETA: From looking at the pictures, it is a shallow dry-bed type creek, but the creekside looks high and steep so the water level might be much higher in rainy times.

Also, I wonder why they waffle sometimes about whether bones are animal or human. As Nancy Grace says, they can usually tell the difference right away.

I'm the proud mother of a new attorney!
    It's better to know some of the questions than all of the answers. ~ James Thurber
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing ~ Edmund Burke
    Why shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense. ~ Mark Twain

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast