OR - Michael Parker for fracturing 6yo's skull in home invasion, Portland, 2011

Missizzy

Reaction score
What a horrifying story. This Daddy fought like heck for his child. This intruder is evil, just check out his rap sheet. My main concern is this child. The article does not make clear what happened after she was knocked out. My prayers go out to this family.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2011/06/ne_portland_homeowner_awakes_t.html

Northeast Portland homeowner awakes to stranger in hallway holding a cast-iron skillet

"Dominic Castillo and his wife were asleep in an upstairs bedroom of their Northeast Portland home when they heard a noise in the hallway outside their room. Castillo went to investigate. When he opened his bedroom door, he saw a strange man standing outside their 6-year-old daughter's bedroom, holding a large cast-iron frying pan.

When Castillo tried to challenge the intruder, the man hit Castillo in the head with the pan. Suffering substantial pain, Castillo then struggled with the stranger in an effort to defend himself, according to court documents filed today.The struggle continued down the stairs of the home to the main level, where Castillo broke free and grabbed a knife from the kitchen.

The fight spilled onto the porch, where Castillo was able to stab the intruder in the "midsection of his body," a probable cause affidavit filed in court said. Castillo's wife, Charlotte Bliss, called 9-1-1 about 3:30 a.m. on Tuesday to report that her husband was fighting with an intruder he discovered in their home....."

and

"...The intruder ran west from the home in the 4300 block of Northeast Siskiyou Street...."

"....Hours after the burglary was reported, the Northeast Portland couple said their daughter complained of feeling nauseated and dizzy. They took her to the nearest emergency room, where doctors said she had a skull fracture consistent with having been struck in the head with a cast-iron skillet...."

and

"....After a two-hour standoff with members of the Portland Police Bureau's Special Emergency Reaction Team, [Michael Jerard] Parker surrendered to officers. Parker sustained stab wounds to his hip, thigh, back, shoulder and upper arm....."

more at link (mug shot)

from link above:
At age 14, Parker pleaded no contest to first-degree manslaughter in the 1999 fatal shooting of Markus Harris, 20 , and the wounding of 19-year-old Laquandre Taylor.
He was sentenced to spend until April 2006 in custody.

This incident was in 1999, so it was probably at the earliest, 2001 when he went to juvie. That means he was incarcerated 4 or 5 years. Please, would somebody SHUT that revolving door!!!!!

Juveniles can now be held until the age of 25 in the state of Oregon, thanks to the hard work of Crime Victims United. Our children's rapist was incarcerated at age 15, in 1999, and released on his 25th birthday, in 2009. I'm not sure why this law did not impact Parker's sentence. He's 26 and was released in 2006. He must have been released around his 21st birthday. Someone must have thought that he didn't pose a danger to society. They were wrong!!

Just a note, the Oregon Youth Authority is currently in the process of cutting 425 beds:

http://www.katu.com/news/politics/115166074.html

The juveniles are being sent to "less restrictive environments". That worries me greatly.

A bit more info here about Parker:

http://www.kgw.com/home/Police-in-standoff-with-morning-burglary-suspect-123885599.html

"...."That had to be a scary moment," the suspect's father BO said about the crime."Someone is in their home, you don't know who the person is, you don't know what is going on." BO said drugs were not the problem, but his son might have mental health issues.

"Sometimes people can't shake the devil and that's what appears to have happened here," he added....."

more at link

The more I read, the more this guy scares the living daylights out of me. When he was 14, he simply shot two men in the back and showed very little emotion....until he was led away from the courtroom. Not a good sign. His "sentence" makes no sense at all because his crimes fell under Measure 11. He would certainly have been eligible for the "incarceration until age 25" option.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR Rainwater
Back