Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 542

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Who Dat Nation
    Posts
    24,826

    IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #6



    http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-laure...,1261306.story

    Bloomington Police search for missing 20 year old woman
    Lauren Spierer, age 20.
    She is a white female, 4 feet 11 inches tall, slender build, has blue eyes and long blonde hair. She is listed as a student according to IU Bloomington's website.
    Spierer was last seen walking south on College Avenue from 11th Street on her way back to her apartment in Smallwood Plaza, located on College Avenue.
    She did not arrive to her apartment and video footage does not show her entering the apartment complex.
    Spierer was wearing a white tank top with a loose, light colored button shirt over it and full length black stretch pants. She was not wearing shoes.


    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138950"]Thread #1[/ame]
    Thread #2
    Thread #3
    Thread #4
    Thread #5

    [ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139766"]Media Links[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140294"]Photos[/ame]

    Please continue here...
    __________________________________
    Muddy water in the street
    ; Muddy water 'round my feet... as sung by the inimitable Bessie Smith, "Muddy Water (A Mississippi Moan)"

    WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK




  2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bessie For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Who Dat Nation
    Posts
    24,826


    http://www.lohud.com/article/20110615/NEWS02/106150373

    Re: the photo released Wednesday, 06-15-2011, of Lauren leaving Smallwood Apartments the evening of June 2, 2011.

    http://www.idsnews.com/news/story.aspx?id=81929
    Last edited by bessie; 06-16-2011 at 09:58 PM. Reason: punctuation
    __________________________________
    Muddy water in the street
    ; Muddy water 'round my feet... as sung by the inimitable Bessie Smith, "Muddy Water (A Mississippi Moan)"

    WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK




  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bessie For This Useful Post:


  5. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Who Dat Nation
    Posts
    24,826
    Photos of the truck caught by surveillance cameras near 10th St. and Morton at approximately 4:14-4:24 a.m., Friday, June 3, 2011


    http://www.theindychannel.com/image/...32/detail.html



    http://www.theindychannel.com/image/...60/detail.html
    Last edited by bessie; 06-16-2011 at 08:51 AM.
    __________________________________
    Muddy water in the street
    ; Muddy water 'round my feet... as sung by the inimitable Bessie Smith, "Muddy Water (A Mississippi Moan)"

    WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK




  6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bessie For This Useful Post:


  7. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Who Dat Nation
    Posts
    24,826
    Btown's map with truck added at 10th and Morton
    __________________________________
    Muddy water in the street
    ; Muddy water 'round my feet... as sung by the inimitable Bessie Smith, "Muddy Water (A Mississippi Moan)"

    WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK




  8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bessie For This Useful Post:


  9. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Who Dat Nation
    Posts
    24,826
    Good article by the editor-in-chief of the Indiana Daily Student about integrity and the challenges of responsible reporting in Lauren's disappearance.

    Our pledge to Lauren and readers

    By BROOKE LILLARD | IDS
    POSTED AT 08:38 PM ON Jun. 15, 2011 (UPDATED AT 09:29 PM ON Jun. 15, 2011)


    There have been days when other news organizations have released information before us. If we take our time, its not because we want to prevent you from knowing information, but to make sure what we tell you is indeed factual. We are consistently working as quickly as possible to verify those facts.
    http://www.idsnews.com/news/story.aspx?id=81945
    __________________________________
    Muddy water in the street
    ; Muddy water 'round my feet... as sung by the inimitable Bessie Smith, "Muddy Water (A Mississippi Moan)"

    WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK




  10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to bessie For This Useful Post:


  11. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Who Dat Nation
    Posts
    24,826
    The words of a mother in anguish, Charlene Spierer.

    "I start my every day hoping that today is the day. I go to sleep every night knowing that I have failed, and that I haven't done enough," said the student's mother, Charlene Spierer, choking back tears. "Anybody who knows anything: It's time to come forward."


    More at the link
    __________________________________
    Muddy water in the street
    ; Muddy water 'round my feet... as sung by the inimitable Bessie Smith, "Muddy Water (A Mississippi Moan)"

    WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK




  12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bessie For This Useful Post:


  13. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    23
    also between bing maps birdeye veiw, google road satalite, and other satalite images would be easy to find all the white trucks in the area that are this make, white trucks are easy to see in satalite, but there are many, i found 4 within 8 blocks of her place (short beds), using google road view i was able to rule some out (back window size), also remember the black colored paint on the white truck bed to rule some out...


  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to harrison For This Useful Post:


  15. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    372
    Quote Originally Posted by harrison View Post
    also between bing maps birdeye veiw, google road satalite, and other satalite images would be easy to find all the white trucks in the area that are this make, white trucks are easy to see in satalite, but there are many, i found 4 within 8 blocks of her place (short beds), using google road view i was able to rule some out (back window size), also remember the black colored paint on the white truck bed to rule some out...
    The problem with google street maps and bing satellite images is they are all a single shot from a single point in time. Google street images are captured by a truck which drives around with cameras mounted on it and bing satellite images are actually taken by airplane flyovers.

    These images also aren't updated very frequently. I know the Bing images of my house still has a tree in my back yard I cut down 2 years ago.

    Also ... I'm impressed by just how many white trucks there are in Bloomington. I watched some youtube news clips yesterday and just in the 30 seconds clips with the reporter speaking you'd see 2 or 3 white trucks drive by.


  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blazelet For This Useful Post:


  17. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Who Dat Nation
    Posts
    24,826
    Quote Originally Posted by blazelet View Post
    The problem with google street maps and bing satellite images is they are all a single shot from a single point in time. Google street images are captured by a truck which drives around with cameras mounted on it and bing satellite images are actually taken by airplane flyovers.

    These images also aren't updated very frequently. I know the Bing images of my house still has a tree in my back yard I cut down 2 years ago.

    Also ... I'm impressed by just how many white trucks there are in Bloomington. I watched some youtube news clips yesterday and just in the 30 seconds clips with the reporter speaking you'd see 2 or 3 white trucks drive by.
    True. Google Earth provides a history of images, and the most current Bloomington images are about three years old, I believe. Some of the buildings we've seen in Btown's photos don't even appear on the latest Google map.
    __________________________________
    Muddy water in the street
    ; Muddy water 'round my feet... as sung by the inimitable Bessie Smith, "Muddy Water (A Mississippi Moan)"

    WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK




  18. The Following User Says Thank You to bessie For This Useful Post:


  19. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    23
    if she had no shoes, and was offered a quick ride, and then the driver wouldnt stop, she didnt want to jump, in my above phtoshop pic, the person looks to be in a logical balancing mode in the back of a truck, right arm bracing the floor/ground and the left up as if to is notify, in a distressed sort of way about/or to a driver who isnt stopping so she could hop out. just giving ideas, i am really not sure what i am seeing about that truck the more i look at it...


  20. The Following User Says Thank You to harrison For This Useful Post:


  21. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    372
    Quote Originally Posted by harrison View Post
    if she had no shoes, and was offered a quick ride, and then the driver wouldnt stop, she didnt want to jump, in my above phtoshop pic, the person looks to be in a logical balancing mode in the back of a truck, right arm bracing the floor/ground and the left up as if to is notify, in a distressed sort of way about/or to a driver who isnt stopping so she could hop out. just giving ideas, i am really not sure what i am seeing about that truck the more i look at it...
    I really wish I could see the video to see if there is enough information to tell if the thing in the bed is moving organically or rigidly or at all.

    Has anyone heard \ seen anything about the video being shared?


  22. The Following User Says Thank You to blazelet For This Useful Post:


  23. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    89
    Fwiw in the second post it says 10th and Monroe, it's actually Morton.
    Forgive my typos, I'm getting used to typing on an iPad.


  24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Surly Sasha For This Useful Post:


  25. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Who Dat Nation
    Posts
    24,826
    Quote Originally Posted by Surly Sasha View Post
    Fwiw in the second post it says 10th and Monroe, it's actually Morton.
    Thank you, Sasha. I started to make the same mistake twice yesterday and caught it each time. Monroe is stuck in my head for some reason. I've corrected it now.
    __________________________________
    Muddy water in the street
    ; Muddy water 'round my feet... as sung by the inimitable Bessie Smith, "Muddy Water (A Mississippi Moan)"

    WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK




  26. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    89
    Quote Originally Posted by bessie View Post
    Thank you, Sasha. I started to make the same mistake twice yesterday and caught it each time. Monroe is stuck in my head for some reason. I've corrected it now.
    It makes sense. Bloomington is in Monroe County so there's a reason why it would be stuck in ones head.
    Forgive my typos, I'm getting used to typing on an iPad.


  27. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Bloomington Indiana
    Posts
    360
    Against my better judgment, I'm going out on a limb. I'm going against the car experts and say that the truck could be a 2005 Dodge Dakota.

    Note the flared fenders.




    On second thought, now that I see them together, maybe not.
    Last edited by Btown; 06-16-2011 at 09:03 AM.


  28. The Following User Says Thank You to Btown For This Useful Post:


Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 506
    Last Post: 06-16-2011, 03:13 AM
  2. Replies: 542
    Last Post: 06-15-2011, 01:16 PM
  3. Replies: 609
    Last Post: 06-14-2011, 09:43 AM
  4. Replies: 535
    Last Post: 06-12-2011, 07:58 PM
  5. Replies: 697
    Last Post: 06-10-2011, 05:54 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •