IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
257055720-08091055.jpg

http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-laur...r-missing-iu-student-20110608,0,1261306.story

Bloomington Police search for missing 20 year old woman
Lauren Spierer, age 20.
She is a white female, 4 feet 11 inches tall, slender build, has blue eyes and long blonde hair. She is listed as a student according to IU Bloomington's website.
Spierer was last seen walking south on College Avenue from 11th Street on her way back to her apartment in Smallwood Plaza, located on College Avenue.
She did not arrive to her apartment and video footage does not show her entering the apartment complex.
Spierer was wearing a white tank top with a loose, light colored button shirt over it and full length black stretch pants. She was not wearing shoes.

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5

Media Links
Photos

Please continue here...

Btown's map with truck added at 10th and Morton
aahggg1.jpg

Good article by the editor-in-chief of the Indiana Daily Student about integrity and the challenges of responsible reporting in Lauren's disappearance.

Our pledge to Lauren and readers

By BROOKE LILLARD | IDS
POSTED AT 08:38 PM ON Jun. 15, 2011 (UPDATED AT 09:29 PM ON Jun. 15, 2011)

There have been days when other news organizations have released information before us. If we take our time, it’s not because we want to prevent you from knowing information, but to make sure what we tell you is indeed factual. We are consistently working as quickly as possible to verify those facts.
http://www.idsnews.com/news/story.aspx?id=81945

The words of a mother in anguish, Charlene Spierer.

"I start my every day hoping that today is the day. I go to sleep every night knowing that I have failed, and that I haven't done enough," said the student's mother, Charlene Spierer, choking back tears. "Anybody who knows anything: It's time to come forward."

More at the link

The words of a mother in anguish, Charlene Spierer.

More at the link

Hopefully today is the day.

But I'm sad she feels she has failed ... she is doing everything a mother can reasonably do. She is there keeping media and local attention on her daughter.

I took the liberty to do a little photoshoping on what i see in the back of the truck, i used a face image of LS to overlay onto the truck image. First time caller, lurker since this LS case, i have read all the threads, would like to get back to life but probaby cant until this is solved.

Attachments

• lsclose.jpg
    lsclose.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 569
  • lstruck.jpg
    lstruck.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 181
also between bing maps birdeye veiw, google road satalite, and other satalite images would be easy to find all the white trucks in the area that are this make, white trucks are easy to see in satalite, but there are many, i found 4 within 8 blocks of her place (short beds), using google road view i was able to rule some out (back window size), also remember the black colored paint on the white truck bed to rule some out...

if she had no shoes, and was offered a quick ride, and then the driver wouldnt stop, she didnt want to jump, in my above phtoshop pic, the person looks to be in a logical balancing mode in the back of a truck, right arm bracing the floor/ground and the left up as if to is notify, in a distressed sort of way about/or to a driver who isnt stopping so she could hop out. just giving ideas, i am really not sure what i am seeing about that truck the more i look at it...

also between bing maps birdeye veiw, google road satalite, and other satalite images would be easy to find all the white trucks in the area that are this make, white trucks are easy to see in satalite, but there are many, i found 4 within 8 blocks of her place (short beds), using google road view i was able to rule some out (back window size), also remember the black colored paint on the white truck bed to rule some out...

The problem with google street maps and bing satellite images is they are all a single shot from a single point in time. Google street images are captured by a truck which drives around with cameras mounted on it and bing satellite images are actually taken by airplane flyovers.

These images also aren't updated very frequently. I know the Bing images of my house still has a tree in my back yard I cut down 2 years ago.

Also ... I'm impressed by just how many white trucks there are in Bloomington. I watched some youtube news clips yesterday and just in the 30 seconds clips with the reporter speaking you'd see 2 or 3 white trucks drive by.

if she had no shoes, and was offered a quick ride, and then the driver wouldnt stop, she didnt want to jump, in my above phtoshop pic, the person looks to be in a logical balancing mode in the back of a truck, right arm bracing the floor/ground and the left up as if to is notify, in a distressed sort of way about/or to a driver who isnt stopping so she could hop out. just giving ideas, i am really not sure what i am seeing about that truck the more i look at it...

I really wish I could see the video to see if there is enough information to tell if the thing in the bed is moving organically or rigidly or at all.

Has anyone heard \ seen anything about the video being shared?

Against my better judgment, I'm going out on a limb. I'm going against the car experts and say that the truck could be a 2005 Dodge Dakota.

Note the flared fenders.

dodgedakota.png

t.jpg

On second thought, now that I see them together, maybe not.

Fwiw in the second post it says 10th and Monroe, it's actually Morton.
Thank you, Sasha. I started to make the same mistake twice yesterday and caught it each time. Monroe is stuck in my head for some reason. I've corrected it now.

I took the liberty to do a little photoshoping on what i see in the back of the truck, i used a face image of LS to overlay onto the truck image. First time caller, lurker since this LS case, i have read all the threads, would like to get back to life but probaby cant until this is solved.
attachment.php

Thank you!!! This is the image I see, but my skills were too embarrassing to post!

Also, I wanted to thank sleuthinginca for giving the ID on this truck..I just looked it up according to what they said and posted side by side. She said its a 2005 Chev 4 door 4x4 Z71 1500 pick-up. I know it could be another truck, but I sent this one to LE for consideration as well.

9bb716ec.jpg

Okay, now that I did see even without the enhancements. Personally, I think it's a shadow image, but the scale seems accurate, so perhaps.

BTW, welcome to Websleuths. So glad you started posting.

:welcome5:

The problem with google street maps and bing satellite images is they are all a single shot from a single point in time. Google street images are captured by a truck which drives around with cameras mounted on it and bing satellite images are actually taken by airplane flyovers.

These images also aren't updated very frequently. I know the Bing images of my house still has a tree in my back yard I cut down 2 years ago.

Also ... I'm impressed by just how many white trucks there are in Bloomington. I watched some youtube news clips yesterday and just in the 30 seconds clips with the reporter speaking you'd see 2 or 3 white trucks drive by.
True. Google Earth provides a history of images, and the most current Bloomington images are about three years old, I believe. Some of the buildings we've seen in Btown's photos don't even appear on the latest Google map.

In the last thread (closed now) Chili Fries saw approx the same configuration of words on the side of the truck as I did (medium word, long word, short word). Bleary eyed, I was staring at the lettering and (like it was an ink blot) kept seeing different words. The second, longer, word looked to me at various times like:

American
Interior
Exterior
Refrigeration
Condition
????? It also looked like it might end in "air" or "ain" so I googled partial words and found nothing that seemed right.

The first word, LOL, could be Heating, Cooling????

The last word I initially thought was "Corp." but the truck wasn't in good enough condition for a corporation to advertise its logo on it.

So.... well, like someone posted earlier: If the FBI can't clear the image up enough to read the logo, why would I think I could?? From looking through the businesses in Indiana, I realized it might not even be an official, listed business. I don't advise anyone to begin studying those words late at night --- you just can't stop!

I have been lurking here, but I wanted to quickly post something based on my "expertise" *ahem* a-la "My cousin Vinny" ;)

I believe the truck is a 2006 Chevy Silverado based on the following characteristics:
* wheels
*grille
* wheel well trim

I know it's not before 2005 because of the grille shape
I know it's not a Ford because of the wheel well shape

I don't think it's a Dodge because of the wheels.

I also have no idea what color this is- white or silver. I am guessing white.

I had those wheels on my '06 Trailblazer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail