GUILTY MI - Dawn Fital, 45, Pittsfield Township, 13 June 2011

KaylynnCouture

Reaction score
Authorities said today that the search continues for a missing Pittsfield Township woman feared to be dead.

Dawn Marie Fital, a championship pool player, has been missing since Monday. Searching began Tuesday night after investigators in Indiana arrested her boyfriend for acting suspiciously near a bank. He was driving her car when arrested and her belongings were found inside.

Pittsfield Public Safety Director Matt Harshberger said her boyfriend made statements after his arrest, but he declined to reveal what the man said.

Police haven't said exactly why they believe Fital, who celebrated her birthday a week ago, may have been the victim of a homicide.

Fital lived with her boyfriend and her ex-husband in an apartment in Pittsfield Township. They had moved there a year ago from Milan. Michigan State Police crime lab technicians were in the apartment all day Wednesday. Harshberger declined to say whether police found evidence at the apartment leading them to believe a homicide may have occurred there.

The boyfriend, whose name has not been released, was arrested in Merrillville, Ind. Police there called Pittsfield Township police late Tuesday asking them to check on Fital.

Fital’s ex-husband said she hadn’t been at their apartment since Monday, police said. She lived in Arbor Knoll apartments on Michigan Avenue.

Snipped from: http://www.freep.com/article/201106...-missing-championship-pool-player-feared-dead

Dawn Fital returned home from work early Monday to the Pittsfield Township apartment she shared with her boyfriend and ex-husband.

A short time later, police say, she was killed.

Investigators say Fital's boyfriend, Greg Noack, 44, killed her, duct-taped her body and stuffed it into a suitcase.

"The exact cause of death won't be known until the autopsy, but she appears to be the victim of a homicide."

Harshberger said police believe they know the motive for the killing, but he declined to discuss it.

The ex-husband was not there when Fital was killed and is not a suspect in the case, Harshberger said.

http://www.freep.com/article/201106...ittsfield-Township-woman-stuffed-her-suitcase

Divers found the body of a competitive billiards player from Michigan inside a suitcase in an Indiana pond on Thursday, and her boyfriend — who helped lead authorities to her body — was charged with murder.

Information from the boyfriend "led to the discovery of the body,"
Arnold said.

Francine Bowles, 27, a cousin of Fital's ex-husband, recalled playing with Fital's children years ago while their mother sharpened her game.

http://www.ajc.com/news/nation-world/mich-womans-body-found-979103.html

It's not often you see the woman living with both the current and the ex. *I* had an ex and a current who were best friends at one point. But that doesn't happen often. I am wondering if that may have been part of the motive here. Jealousy...

God bless her and her grieving family. What a monster of a boyfriend/ex husband. I hope he is found guilty and spends the rest of his life locked up.

She lived with her boyfriend and her ex-husband in the same house?

God bless her and her grieving family. What a monster of a boyfriend/ex husband. I hope he is found guilty and spends the rest of his life locked up.

Sorry-- I got confused by a previous article I had read. The boyfriend is the one who has confessed to the crime, not the ex husband.

I correct my statement to read:

"What a monster of a boyfriend. I hope he is found guilty and spends the rest of his life locked up."

It is sickening that two women, Dawn and Katie, were both murdered this week, but I am thankful for their families' sake that their bodies were found and wishing that all murder victims could be found as quickly and laid to rest.

From June 2012:

http://www.annarbor.com/news/dexter...k-to-serve-between-40-and-70-years-in-prison/

Just six days before the one-year anniversary of Dawn Fital's death, Gregory Noack was sentenced to between 40 and 70 years in prison for killing her, according to court officials.

The sentence handed down by Washtenaw County Trial Court Judge David Swartz Thursday was consistent with the plea agreement reached with prosecutors in May. Noack pleaded guilty to second-degree murder...

Noack killed his girlfriend Fital, a 45-year-old championship pool player and mother of four, after she refused sexual contact with him... Noack stuffed Fital’s body into a large suitcase... and began making his way toward California, his eventual goal. He only got to Merilville, Ind. He intended to bury Fital’s body there, but instead stashed it in a retention pond, where it was eventually recovered.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back