Judge Perry says defense 'opened a can of worms'

Softail

Reaction score
:worms: I love when we get to see these sidebar transcripts! Let's discuss! :great:

Transcript shows why Casey Anthony judge allowed bone chewing details

Perry said, "Before Mr. Baez made his statement, I told you I would…sustain the objection," Perry said. "But when you talk about somebody moved and kept bones for the purpose of getting a reward, I mean … it's a whole line of questioning that you've just opened a can of worms up on."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...-trial-sidebar-transc20110615,0,7660569.story

Also from the article above:

Ashton also raised the issue of defense attorney Dorothy Clay Sims consoling Casey Anthony.

"Ms. Anthony gets upset. And that's fine. We can't do anything about that," Ashton said. "But I do think that counsel's constant arm around the back, patting, needs to not be done in front of the jury."

:great::great::great::great::great:

This must be why we haven't seen much of Ms. Simms this week. I also think this is why CM has gone out of his way to pat and touch KC. Simms is no longer sitting beside her making her out to be sympathetic, so it falls upon him to keep up the facade in front of the jury.

Do they make defense attorneys take acting classes in law school?

This must be why we haven't seen much of Ms. Simms this week. I also think this is why CM has gone out of his way to pat and touch KC. Simms is no longer sitting beside her making her out to be sympathetic, so it falls upon him to keep up the facade in front of the jury.

Do they make defense attorneys take acting classes in law school?

Smashing thread!
Thanks for posting this tid-bit.
I love this place.
I'm greedy. Have S,more sidebar?

Ashton also raised the issue of defense attorney Dorothy Clay Sims consoling Casey Anthony.

"Ms. Anthony gets upset. And that's fine. We can't do anything about that," Ashton said. "But I do think that counsel's constant arm around the back, patting, needs to not be done in front of the jury."

This is great I was wondering if they addressed this. I am happy to see they did and SIMS was told not to hug KC. I love these sidebars they really speak frankly and openly.

I'm so glad HHJP addresses the consoling of ICA by DS...but sad to read that he didn't think it had reached the point of being staged. I think all of her tears are staged, all of her emotions are thought out well in advance before she ever arrives in the courtroom.

Good - I'm glad that was finally brought up!
I wondered why she hadn't been so "touchy-feely" these last few days.
Course, I bet she was happy to oblige the judge.

I found it interesting that CM claims the JB said the body was dragged away by Kronk and not taken and hidden.

I don't recall him saying it was dragged away and hidden. So are they going to claim Roy Kronk found the body before August and then moved it closer to the road in order to have it found?

If so why does that change anything? The body was still thrown in the woods. Will they accuse Kronk of adding the tape?

Dang, I wish the MSM would be publishing all of these sidebars. It would help me get through the tedious testimony.

I found it interesting that CM claims the JB said the body was dragged away by Kronk and not taken and hidden.

I don't recall him saying it was dragged away and hidden. So are they going to claim Roy Kronk found the body before August and then moved it closer to the road in order to have it found?

If so why does that change anything? The body was still thrown in the woods. Will they accuse Kronk of adding the tape?

Why not? They've come up with crazier things. Why not say that RK wasn't sure it was a skull, so he taped it together to be sure? :banghead:

From what I gathered after reading the article, is that not even CM had any idea just how low Jose could go! CM's comment regarding Jose's Opening Statement screams dissension amongst the ranks, and surely they all know now what an even more uphill battle Jose created!

All the "good" stuff seems to happen at the sidebars. I'd love to get my hands on all those transcripts.

I didn't think I could :heartbeat: Mr. Ashton more than I already did. <3

Hmmm...lol he would also have to accuse him of breaking and entering to get the duct tape.

Speaking of Sidebar transcripts, does anyone have a link to the entire transcript pertaining to the "can of worms"? I for one find the sidebar transcripts fascinating, is there anywhere to access them?

After reading it, I can say that Your Honour is taking all precautions to prevent an appeal. He's doing a good job IMHO.

MOO

Mel

This is from the same article at the end...so the judge IS watching her:)

He was concerned the display "has the potential of influencing the jury and getting sympathy. So we would ask that counsel stay out of it and leave the consolation for the breaks."

Perry said he was watching this and observed "it hasn't reached to the point where it appears to be staged, no more than the natural facial expressions that human beings have; that you even have sometimes, Mr. Ashton."

Perry then advised the defense not to "overdo it."

:worms: I love when we get to see these sidebar transcripts! Let's discuss! :great:

Transcript shows why Casey Anthony judge allowed bone chewing details

Perry said, "Before Mr. Baez made his statement, I told you I would…sustain the objection," Perry said. "But when you talk about somebody moved and kept bones for the purpose of getting a reward, I mean … it's a whole line of questioning that you've just opened a can of worms up on."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...-trial-sidebar-transc20110615,0,7660569.story

JB's incompetence is stunning. If he were a Surgeon he'd be knee deep in bodies by now!

This is from the same article at the end...so the judge IS watching her:)

He was concerned the display "has the potential of influencing the jury and getting sympathy. So we would ask that counsel stay out of it and leave the consolation for the breaks."

Perry said he was watching this and observed "it hasn't reached to the point where it appears to be staged, no more than the natural facial expressions that human beings have; that you even have sometimes, Mr. Ashton."

Perry then advised the defense not to "overdo it."

Good, the judge is being fair. Perhaps someone could clue him in that the prosecution were laughing and joking with their hands over their mouths while the FBI analyst was testifying this morning, which is disrespectful, IMO. I'm sure they are getting a big kick out of Baez but the jury can see this as well, and it has to be prejudicial.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk
Back