1133 users online (194 members and 939 guests)  

Websleuths News

FL - Miami-Dade police officer accused of raping woman he pulled over

MIAMI -- A Miami-Dade County police officer was accused of raping a woman he pulled over and lured to a warehouse.

Patrol Officer Steven Leflore, 41, was charged with three counts of armed sexual battery by a law enforcement officer, two counts of simple battery and unlawful compensation or reward for official behavior. He has been suspended without pay for the alleged assault Thursday.

Investigators matched Leflore's DNA with a semen sample found on a shirt in the woman's truck, Miami-Dade sexual crimes Detective Edelmira Villanueva said in an arrest affidavit. The woman had told police Leflore used the shirt to wipe himself after raping her, Villanueva wrote.

Full Story

Oh God how i hate this abuse of power!!! it's a nightmare. years ago we had a state trooper who raped and murdered a woman using his patrol car. it's simply the worst. women here now are not required to stop for cruiser if alone, as long as they signal they WILL stop in another less-secluded area...and the good cop understands that. ...NOT defending him at all...but the lesser charge indicates she may have offered a sexual favor in order to avoid a ticket..it happens a lot to my male buddies...but it would still be a GROSS abuse of power. armed is armed, and coercion takes many forms.

OK, how stupid is it that this officer wiped himself with a t-shirt and left it in her car? He is either really stupid or the woman did offer a sexual favor and the officer thought is was "consensual", and wasn't worried about evidence.

Even if that is the case, he should have known better and done better.

imo

Quote Originally Posted by Juliana
    OK, how stupid is it that this officer wiped himself with a t-shirt and left it in her car? He is either really stupid or the woman did offer a sexual favor and the officer thought is was "consensual", and wasn't worried about evidence.

Even if that is the case, he should have known better and done better.

imo
    ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????

This thought pattern is why people abuse power in the first place. Society, to some degree, is responsible...
    Oh,
    stupidity has nothing to do with the abuse of power...
    They don't think with the right part of the anatomy... By the way, rapists aren't necessarily stupid. They are VIOLENT.
    That is all there is to it...
    He should have known better?? Known better to do what? Leave the T-shirt? Take the woman to a warehouse??
    I just don't get it.
    I feel really sorry for women who have to go through the horrible act of rape, THEN have to go through the devastation of reporting it- it is this type of mentality that they have to fight. Over and over.
    I am just glad she found the strength to report it.

Quote Originally Posted by deputylinda
    Oh God how i hate this abuse of power!!! it's a nightmare. years ago we had a state trooper who raped and murdered a woman using his patrol car. it's simply the worst. women here now are not required to stop for cruiser if alone, as long as they signal they WILL stop in another less-secluded area...and the good cop understands that. ...NOT defending him at all...but the lesser charge indicates she may have offered a sexual favor in order to avoid a ticket..it happens a lot to my male buddies...but it would still be a GROSS abuse of power. armed is armed, and coercion takes many forms.

Yes, It is horrible. I wonder, have male offenders tried this with female officers? Offering favors for no ticket, that is?
    And thats all I have to say about that!

Quote Originally Posted by Bhodirasta
    ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????

This thought pattern is why people abuse power in the first place. Society, to some degree, is responsible...
    Oh,
    stupidity has nothing to do with the abuse of power...
    They don't think with the right part of the anatomy... By the way, rapists aren't necessarily stupid. They are VIOLENT.
    That is all there is to it...
    He should have known better?? Known better to do what? Leave the T-shirt? Take the woman to a warehouse??
    I just don't get it.
    I feel really sorry for women who have to go through the horrible act of rape, THEN have to go through the devastation of reporting it- it is this type of mentality that they have to fight. Over and over.
    I am just glad she found the strength to report it.

Hmm, not sure why I am bothering to answer, but when I said he should have known better, I meant, even if the woman offered sex, he should have known better than to do that and acted in a way befitting his position. I was remarking that it was stupid of him to wipe himself with a shirt and then leave it. Of course, I didn't mean it was stupid to rape the woman.

Not sure why you have such an attitude toward my post, maybe I just wasn't clear. Whatever.

imo

Quote Originally Posted by Txswthrt5
    Yes, It is horrible. I wonder, have male offenders tried this with female officers? Offering favors for no ticket, that is?
    not in my personal experience...but they can be extremely flirtatious thinking that will cut some ice...i don't like it or appreciate it. they use endearments sometimes too like "sweetie" or "ohh, please search me honey" and then i get REALLY OFFENDED and let them know it in no uncertain terms. it's demeaning....the other side of that coin is the male who is infuriated at being arrested by a female, and forced to submit...they call you all kinds of sexist things...i had one guy call me a FU----g Wh--e all the way to the jail. while trying to kick out the back windows...when i pulled in i opened the back door, grabbed him by the scruff of the neck and THREW him out onto the cement floor of sally port, hard....and sprayed him. he shut up then...i don't have to take that garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by deputylinda
    not in my personal experience...but they can be extremely flirtatious thinking that will cut some ice...i don't like it or appreciate it. they use endearments sometimes too like "sweetie" or "ohh, please search me honey" and then i get REALLY OFFENDED and let them know it in no uncertain terms. it's demeaning....the other side of that coin is the male who is infuriated at being arrested by a female, and forced to submit...they call you all kinds of sexist things...i had one guy call me a FU----g Wh--e all the way to the jail. while trying to kick out the back windows...when i pulled in i opened the back door, grabbed him by the scruff of the neck and THREW him out onto the cement floor of sally port, hard....and sprayed him. he shut up then...i don't have to take that garbage.
    deputylinda,
    you shoulda tazed his ass!!!
    You tell em' sistah!!!
    I can't even imagine the egos you must come across, and a violent egotist is downright petrifying...
    Do you take karate??
    Jujitsu?
    Good lawd!!
    You are one tough chick huh?

Hmm, not sure why I am bothering to answer, but when I said he should have known better, I meant, even if the woman offered sex, he should have known better than to do that and acted in a way befitting his position. I was remarking that it was stupid of him to wipe himself with a shirt and then leave it. Of course, I didn't mean it was stupid to rape the woman.

Not sure why you have such an attitude toward my post, maybe I just wasn't clear. Whatever.

imo

The part about you thinking this was consensual caused the attitude.
    Did you read this part of the article?
    .................................................. ..
    Leflore faced 10 disciplinary actions since August 2001. His bosses gave him two five-day suspensions, one in June 2002 for insubordination and another in September 2003 for writing false reports.

Police spokeswoman Nelda Fonticiella said the false reports allegation came after Leflore's supervisor found a discrepancy between the time Leflore spent on calls and what he reported.

I don't think this woman is lying, and if she is, we should wait until the evidence is shown that she is...
    I beleive that we should give rape victims the benefit of the doubt. Too many rapes go unreported because of the way we, as a society, treat rape victims.

I will admit, you did hit a nerve. I am very sensitive about this issue, and will always fight for rape victims' rights. Most rape victims need all the support they can get... The battle is a hard one.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhodirasta
    .................................................. ..
    Leflore faced 10 disciplinary actions since August 2001. His bosses gave him two five-day suspensions, one in June 2002 for insubordination and another in September 2003 for writing false reports.

Police spokeswoman Nelda Fonticiella said the false reports allegation came after Leflore's supervisor found a discrepancy between the time Leflore spent on calls and what he reported.

I don't think this woman is lying, and if she is, we should wait until the evidence is shown that she is...
    I beleive that we should give rape victims the benefit of the doubt. Too many rapes go unreported because of the way we, as a society, treat rape victims.

I will admit, you did hit a nerve. I am very sensitive about this issue, and will always fight for rape victims' rights. Most rape victims need all the support they can get... The battle is a hard one.
    When I speculated that due to the t-shirt being left behind, that sex could have been offered, I was just speculating based on what Deputy Linda said in post #2 above based on her experience as a Law Enforcement officer. But you are right, I wouldn't want to the victim to read my post and be further upset that people are wondering if she "offered" the sex. It's best just to let it play out in court. I meant no harm, really!

WasUpGuest

I see what Juliana meant, and she didn't think it was consensual- at least from what I read in the posts-

Juliana said, " I meant, even if the woman offered sex, he should have known better than to do that and acted in a way "befitting his position."

Juliana no doubt meant, "unbefitting to his position".

Bhodirasta - I don't think this woman is lying, and if she is, we should wait until the evidence is shown that she is...

This is where the FINE LINE becomes Difficult Bhodirasta - you are certainly correct in your thoughts - and I agree 100% - yet we need to consider BOTH Sides, not just the rape victims.

I know many of you will probably throw me out here after I say this - but I never knew who Kobe Bryant was until he was accused of rape! Once I read and carefully considered the situation -

This was definitly a case of the young white female flirting with rich black basketball player. Telling-

Personal Tour of the hotel?
    Agreeing to met Kobe in his hotel room?
    Text Message to a friend
    etc...
    Flirting with other "potentials" at the hotel
    give me a break ! -

've been in a much worse situation and never reported it to authorities, simply because, "I didn't want to be drug thru the mud" yet I didn't do any of the above - earlier times - that was life- disgusting as it was!

This is very sad - because facts had become twisted - whether by one, two, three or all parties involved - this is where the Fine Line Is Drawn, IMO!

The quote "Rape Victim" in this case - told different stories to different people - Investigators weren't able to collaberate to make it a 2 plus 2 equals 4 - IMO -Fame and the Fine Line - Sad, sad situation.

Same goes with LE - its a brotherhood situation - (not being sexist DL - a sisterhood situation if I must be politicaly correct) but it doesn't just happen in LE or with Famous people, it happens with people in all sorts of professions -

I know of a research scientist this has happened to

and many Physicians as well! Fasly accused, rightly accused? Who knows whose telling the truth? The line is to fine IMO! -

In my own situation, it was someone I trusted and had known for quite sometime - he chose to draw the fine line -
    Its your choice whether or not to believe me?!!!

I fought the situation with all my might - but I knew, if I reported it to LE at the time, in my day and time, it would be my word against his, he being a recognized politician in the community, me being a "spokesperson" for his campaign! I didn't have a chance - I drew my own line and left the area ASAP.
    coming down off my soapbox - Just my humbled Experienced Opinon!

Quote Originally Posted by WasUp
    I see what Juliana meant, and she didn't think it was consensual- at least from what I read in the posts-

Juliana said, " I meant, even if the woman offered sex, he should have known better than to do that and acted in a way "befitting his position."

Juliana no doubt meant, "unbefitting to his position".

This is where the FINE LINE becomes Difficult Bhodirasta - you are certainly correct in your thoughts - and I agree 100% - yet we need to consider BOTH Sides, not just the rape victims.

I know many of you will probably throw me out here after I say this - but I never knew who Kobe Bryant was until he was accused of rape! Once I read and carefully considered the situation -

This was definitly a case of the young white female flirting with rich black basketball player. Telling-

Personal Tour of the hotel?
    Agreeing to met Kobe in his hotel room?
    Text Message to a friend
    etc...
    Flirting with other "potentials" at the hotel
    give me a break ! -

've been in a much worse situation and never reported it to authorities, simply because, "I didn't want to be drug thru the mud" yet I didn't do any of the above - earlier times - that was life- disgusting as it was!

This is very sad - because facts had become twisted - whether by one, two, three or all parties involved - this is where the Fine Line Is Drawn, IMO!

The quote "Rape Victim" in this case - told different stories to different people - Investigators weren't able to collaberate to make it a 2 plus 2 equals 4 - IMO -Fame and the Fine Line - Sad, sad situation.

Same goes with LE - its a brotherhood situation - (not being sexist DL - a sisterhood situation if I must be politicaly correct) but it doesn't just happen in LE or with Famous people, it happens with people in all sorts of professions -

I know of a research scientist this has happened to

and many Physicians as well! Fasly accused, rightly accused? Who knows whose telling the truth? The line is to fine IMO! -

In my own situation, it was someone I trusted and had known for quite sometime - he chose to draw the fine line -
    Its your choice whether or not to believe me?!!!

I fought the situation with all my might - but I knew, if I reported it to LE at the time, in my day and time, it would be my word against his, he being a recognized politician in the community, me being a "spokesperson" for his campaign! I didn't have a chance - I drew my own line and left the area ASAP.
    coming down off my soapbox - Just my humbled Experienced Opinon!
    WasUp,
    I also think that Kobe's accuser is a lying sac that single handedly wreaked havoc upon the rape shield law because of her complete selfishness.

That said,
    I will still continue for rights for rape victims. I will always give them the benefit of the doubt until I see EVIDENCE that proves otherwise.
    But my reasons for doing this, are reasons I wouldn't wish upon anyone else. I feel that I was 'given another chance' in order to speak for these victims, and will always afford them the benefit of the doubt...

When I speculated that due to the t-shirt being left behind, that sex could have been offered, I was just speculating based on what Deputy Linda said in post #2 above based on her experience as a Law Enforcement officer. But you are right, I wouldn't want to the victim to read my post and be further upset that people are wondering if she "offered" the sex. It's best just to let it play out in court. I meant no harm, really!

I know you don't! After reading your response to mine...
    I am here because of my own stubborness....
    And I thank God everyday because of that very stuborness...
    It really is what saved my life...