GUILTY TN - Maleeya Murley, 17 mos, raped & murdered, Bells, 7 June 2011

girlinblue

Reaction score
I just got a news alert to my phone about this. First I'd heard of it, and it's pretty disturbing. I came here looking for a thread on this, and haven't seen one. I hope I'm putting this in the right place. Kick me in the shin if I've gotten it wrong.

A 17-month-old baby girl's brutal death is being blamed on her father's girlfriend, who police believe also ruthlessly raped the child.

Little Maleeya Marie Murley died after suffering a severe brain injury last week in the town of Bells, in western Tennessee, according to The Jackson Sun.

Police believe the fatal impact occurred when Molly Jane Roe threw the baby, causing her to hit her head, court documents said. She was flown to Vanderbilt Medical Center in Nashville, but died on Saturday.

The 24-year-old was initially arrested for aggravated child abuse, but the charges were elevated to first-degree murder after the baby died.

In addition to murder, Roe also faces a charge of aggravated rape of a child.

An examination of Murley after she was hospitalized revealed bruising to her vaginal area, right hip and left side of her stomach, as well as a bite mark on her back, court documents revealed, according to The Jackson Sun.
Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat..._girl_maleeya_marie_murley.html#ixzz1PUDQwIsp

I just posted this link in the jury room then I saw this. Still trying to find my way around!

Back on topic;

How terribly sad for this family. the article said she had a bite mark on her back along with bruising to her lower half. Poor, poor baby! Prayers for the family!

Police in West Tennessee have charged a 24-year-old woman with the rape and murder of a 17-month-old girl.
Molly Jane Roe of Bells, a small city located 150 miles southwest of Nashville, has been in police custody since last Thursday. Roe was initially charged with aggravated child abuse, but those charges were upgraded Sunday, following the toddler's death.The victim, whom police have identified as Maleeya Marie Murley, was the daughter of Roe's boyfriend.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/...?icid=main|htmlws-main-n|dl3|sec1_lnk3|216213

Thanks to jodiinvegas for bringing this tragic story to us.

The fact that she's only 24, too. Pretty girl. There aren't many details. She was arraigned, other than that, I haven't read anything else. I'd like to know how they came to the conclusion about her. In one article it said it took place at her dad's home. Maybe her dad is a and no one knows? Just grasping for straws, I guess.

The fact that she's only 24, too. Pretty girl. There aren't many details. She was arraigned, other than that, I haven't read anything else. I'd like to know how they came to the conclusion about her. In one article it said it took place at her dad's home. Maybe her dad is a and no one knows? Just grasping for straws, I guess.

I understand the grasping at straws, even now, after all the women that have murdered and/or hurt children, still in the back of mind I am hoping there's more to the story and it could be wrong!

She looks so "normal" *shudder*

Well if they all lookede abnormal in some way then we could easily perform 'preventative maintenance' :floorlaugh:

Sad and disturbing story.

At the end of the day, I have a feeling that the gf (if you call her that) became extremely jealous of this child.
That, or this was directed at the father.

Either way, keep her locked up. Don't allow her the gift to reproduce, or be around those who can.

Didn't we have another story with very similar overtones within the last year? It was also a female child, IIRC.

This FB page comes up for a Molly Roe of Tennessee. She is pretty but looks a bit "lost":

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=600608858

And this must be the Daddy and little Maleeya. The child's mother has legal custody but the father had visitation. My prayers are with Maleeya's parents and loved ones:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000965946044&sk=info

Fly high, little angel girl, Maleeya.

OMG, I'm crying. I just found Maleeya's Moms FB page

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000965946044&sk=info#!/profile.php?id=100001856073406

No, not Cantu. I did some searching and I can't find it either. It was a woman who abused and/or killed a young child (I think a girl) who was either her boyfriend's or husband's child. There was a strong element of jealousy, IIRC. There had even been complaints made about the stepmother's or girlfriend's treatment of the child. The child was afraid of her, I believe. I'll keep looking. I'm primarily interested in just what ignites this type of fury.

I'm primarily interested in just what ignites this type of fury.

Has to be jealousy. However you have to have some mean *advertiser censored*s anger issues that you would hurt a baby like that. Threw her, bit her, and sexually assaulted her? You're a mother yourself for Lord's sake. Then again maybe that too has something to do with it. Jealous of the little baby's mother, jealousy of the baby, and plain ticked this innocent child took time from your own?

Not to look too much into FB, but the dad has it right in black and white that he was sorry he changed that status. He apologized to his "fiants". So you have a woman with man troubles and you're watching two little babies around the same age.

Ya know what for these women? Don't date a man with kids if you can't hack it. You got a problem with him then take it out on him for cripes sake. Senseless, awful, vile crime against a beautiful little girl.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back