GUILTY AZ - Dr. Lewis Underwood jailed for "nude tickling game" molestation/child *advertiser censored*

Missizzy

Reaction score
Another doctor....SHAME!!!!

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/news/crime/anthem-doctor-charged-with-child-molestation-06022011

Anthem [AZ] Doctor Charged with Child Molestation

"A jailed Anthem doctor has been charged with 11 counts of sexual exploitation of a minor. The Maricopa County Sheriff's Office says forensics on Dr. Lewis Don Underwood's home computer and other evidence taken from his residence found over 88,000 images and 1,500 videos of child *advertiser censored*. Sheriff Joe Arpaio says there is a strong indication gleaned from the evidence that Underwood may have victimized other children. Underwood was arrested in December on suspicion of molesting a former employee's 9-year-old son...."

and

"....authorities also found photographs of the boy naked and taken in a backyard pool."

more at link (plus photo)

An earlier article about the arrest in December:

http://ktar.com/category/local-news-articles/20101210/Anthem-doctor-accused-of-molesting-boy/

"...."The 9-year-old described to his mother that he and the doctor would partake in some sort of tickling games while they were in bed together, undressed. That is obviously what set alarm bells off." Underwood is a naturopathic physician and acupuncturist at East-West Integrated Healthcare in Anthem...."

more at link

I see now. The little boy wanted to play the tickle game. Got it. Those 9 year old boys are just so curious.

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/valleyfever/2010/12/anthem_doctor_arrested_for_hos.php

Anthem Doctor Arrested for Hosting Naked Tickle Parties (and Much, Much More) With 9-Year-Old Boy
December 10, 2010

"...The victim says the game included him grabbing Underwood's penis with one hand, and rubbing "the top pink part" with the other. Underwood, the boy says, would often put his penis in his mouth. Underwood told police the victim would often instigate the "tickle game" and he told him to stop every time he grabbed his penis. The victim says the "tickle game" happened once a week since at least July.

During a confrontation call between Underwood and the mother, he admitted to partaking in "the tickle game." He says the victim was curious about sex, so he allowed him to touch his penis. He told the mother he may have bumped into the victim's penis in the process...."

more at link (including comments by a couple of posters who claim to know the mother and doctor)

An interesting article. I won't comment on the mother's trust of this man. I don't know enough about the situation. I do find it odd, though, that the child asked to stay longer and had no problem telling his mother about the "tickle game". Possibly, hopefully.....he wasn't physically hurt and will be helped, through counseling, to put this in perspective. The enormity of it all will hit him in a few years, though. Pedophiles are absolute experts at the "game", aren't they?

This is so can not comment on. Tickling game. Of course the CHILD initiated this. Of course he did.

I swear they believe their sick selves.

Lord I pray there's not more victims and this particular little guy in the pool gets help.

Initiated it. Cut me a *%#$*%$ break *%%&#*#

I'm sorry, Filly, I know how tickling sets you off.....me too. However, I totally missed something first go round. There just might be a reason why the little guy was so "open" with his mom and even might have enjoyed the "tickling game":

http://www.theautismnews.com/2010/12/10/anthem-doctor-accused-of-child-molestation/

"....The victim’s mother did not want to go on camera, but said Underwood, who specializes in natural medicine at East-West Integrated Healthcare in Anthem, does treat children, mainly testing for autism and attention deficit disorder....."

more at link

SHAME!!! Just like former doctors Mel Levine, William Ayres, James Krivacska (we have threads on all) and so many of their ilk, he preyed on little boys who were vulnerable for some reason. Boys on the spectrum or who have serious ADHD, often have trouble fitting in socially and/or grasping appropriate boundaries. SHAME!!

The clinic's website is off-line but I found the following. Great spelling there, folks. I don't think this child's life is better but you certainly threw him a curve ball:

http://phoenix.arizonahighways.com/biz/east-west-integrated-healthcare/anthem/az/85086/40036960

East-West Integrated Healthcare
42323 N Vision Way Ste 108 Anthem, AZ 85086

"East-West Integrated Healthcare recognizes the body's inherent ability to heal itself, and the naturopathic physician's role in the process. A better life, threw better health."

I am truly not criticizing the victim's family here........ However, but..... Why would a child be staying overnight at his doctor's house?

BrownRice--I don't get it either. But remember that it was just revealed that Earl Bradley took little girls home for medical treatment. I think these guys, especially the very bright "helping professionals", work far harder at grooming the parents than the kids. And it's clear that this child seemed to enjoy the attention, so Dr. Underwood must have made the "games" fun in some way. It doesn't sound as if he was physically hurt. Especially if he has special needs, he might not understand the implications at all. He might have really enjoyed his time with this sick guy. A true pedophile would consider this situation to be a resounding success.

I've seen a few comments about the mother's parenting but possibly she truly trusted the man. After all, he's a doctor.....and that seems to mean a whole lot to some people.

BrownRice--I don't get it either. But remember that it was just revealed that Earl Bradley took little girls home for medical treatment. I think these guys, especially the very bright "helping professionals", work far harder at grooming the parents than the kids. And it's clear that this child seemed to enjoy the attention, so Dr. Underwood must have made the "games" fun in some way. It doesn't sound as if he was physically hurt. Especially if he has special needs, he might not understand the implications at all. He might have really enjoyed his time with this sick guy. A true pedophile would consider this situation to be a resounding success.

I've seen a few comments about the mother's parenting but possibly she truly trusted the man. After all, he's a doctor.....and that seems to mean a whole lot to some people.

I am too cynical and untrusting of anybody (probably too much time on WS) to ever consider having my child stay the night at a doctor's house, coach's house, boyscout leader's house, etc. I don't get it? As a child myself, never did an adult ask me to stay over. And I'm sure if they did, my parents would say absolutely NO. We did sleep overs at other kids' houses, but that's it. Now, though, I don't know if I'll ever allow a sleep over for my kid. Too many invariables (other parents, older siblings, etc.).

Poor kid. It sounds like visiting a pedo was more enjoyable than staying home. Such a sad situation for him. Kids need a certain level of attention and when they don’t get that they are so much easier to be ‘groomed’. Prayers for this youngster.

Could be, Pinkfly, but if (and that's a big IF) this boy has special needs, he might have been socially inept and finally found someone who he could have fun with. Special needs kids get very tired of nothing but attention from family.

Our eight youngest who were raped all have special needs. Even though we were/are the most protective parents in the world, the pedophile got around us and the school. Six of our eight had no friends due to mental illness or developmental disability. The neighbor teen gave them some attention, which they enjoyed. They were willing to go back again and again to be raped, even though it was brutal. All because he gave them candy and treats at first. Later, it was torturing animals and the threat of a gun. The two who did have friends were simply forcibly raped in the school restroom and in our backyard.

We have always given our children huge amounts of attention and were both full time parents for over ten years. They just craved the attention of someone who would let them have things and foods which we didn't. The pedophile who raped our children spent far longer grooming the parents and the teachers than he really did the children. I have a feeling that this was a similar scenario.

April 2014
An Anthem doctor who pleaded guilty to molesting two children and possessing over 100,000 images of child *advertiser censored* was sentenced to 25 years in prison and lifetime probation Monday.

Maricopa County Judge Jeanna Garcia gave 44-year-old Dr. Lewis Underwood a sentence that was two years less than the maximum possible for the charges of sexual conduct with a minor, attempted sexual exploitation of a minor and attempted molestation of a child.
http://www.azcentral.com/story/news...-doctor-gets-prison-molestation-case/7713659/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back