Page 6 of 48 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HK-416 View Post
    Hello WS community! This is my first post,
    Hi, and nice work HK-416!

I ran some high pass on these photos last night, and spooked myself in the wee hours of last night.
    I, like you, also see a face. However, it's human nature to want to see faces in things, and I am sure (or I would hope) LE wouldn't be releasing information like this IF there was a perp in the back of the car?

I still see a person there though; thin nose, long face and blond hair (could be the light in the scene though.There is a hot spot there on the hood of the cab.)

This could just be me as well, but on the other photo, the one facing the passenger side of the car, it appears that there is someone in the passenger seat.
    "Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open." - James Dewar

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sherbetjello For This Useful Post:

I can't see anything in the photos...at some point, it starts to look like a carpet cleaning machine...

If anyone does clarify the writing on the truck, probably should be sent to LE ASAP...they really don't seem to have anything to go on...
    Just my opinion, of course.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by sherbetjello View Post
    Hi, and nice work HK-416!

I ran some high pass on these photos last night, and spooked myself in the wee hours of last night.
    I, like you, also see a face. However, it's human nature to want to see faces in things, and I am sure (or I would hope) LE wouldn't be releasing information like this IF there was a perp in the back of the car?

I still see a person there though; thin nose, long face and blond hair (could be the light in the scene though.There is a hot spot there on the hood of the cab.)

This could just be me as well, but on the other photo, the one facing the passenger side of the car, it appears that there is someone in the passenger seat.
    I ran high pass and emboss on that first photo as well and wonder if that is possibly a light rack on top of the truck??

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ci2i For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ci2i View Post
    I ran high pass and emboss on that first photo as well and wonder if that is possibly a light rack on top of the truck??
    I never really looked it like that, but it could be. It also could be the break light of the truck, I hadn't really looked at it like that because I am used to looking at light a different way.

This might be too hard to explain, but light does funny things with glass. And, depending what material is behind the glass, or in front of the glass, it can do things too. I saw a "family of angles" here in the photo. The light source would be south (and up) in this photo; the light source is directly under the camera that took this photo. The reflection of that light hits in the top North of the photo and then refracts on to the roof of the truck where the object is illuminated.

I am probably looking at this way wrong, it's been a long semester where I have "studied" what light does.
    "Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open." - James Dewar

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to sherbetjello For This Useful Post:

Hey guys, just signed up.

I don't know if this guy's blog has been mentioned yet, but he posted a completely different spin to the whole story today. It may be false and just looking to get some hits on his blog, but most of his other reports have been out a day before the national press and they have been accurate to this point.

http://tonygatto.wordpress.com/2011/...h-unknown-man/

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dmband445 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by jjenny View Post
    So many twists and turns.
    I just wanted to post the link about when the friend saw CR at the cvs pharmacy
    http://www.lohud.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...=2011106100374
    A friend saw CR several hours afterward he looked groggy but ok and was aware LS was missing.The friend said he ran into CR at cvs the afternoon of June 3rd.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to phantomthought For This Useful Post:

2 different interpretation photoshopped of truck bed

man i wish we had more info, i am going blind studying this truck photo, at first my eyes saw one pose in that truck photo, after reading some posts about 2 people i studied it for few more hours, attached is both of my photoshop renditions, the one with two people is just me tracing the shadows and filling in some paint.
    Attached Images Attached Images

14. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to harrison For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by harrison View Post
    man i wish we had more info, i am going blind studying this truck photo, at first my eyes saw one pose in that truck photo, after reading some posts about 2 people i studied it for few more hours, attached is both of my photoshop renditions, the one with two people is just me tracing the shadows and filling in some paint.
    those are really good!! the only thing i would point out is, where you want the arm to be "resting" (on your right), that is actually the round part cut out of the truck for the tire. The way the light hits this photo causes for ALL sorts of optical illusions.

For the longest time (hours), I thought the bed of the truck had a cover on it, but that's the light working.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to sherbetjello For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dmband445 View Post

I don't know if this guy's blog has been mentioned yet, but he posted a completely different spin to the whole story today. It may be false and just looking to get some hits on his blog, but most of his other reports have been out a day before the national press and they have been accurate to this point.

Yes, if you go back a few pages, this was discussed last night...
    Welcome to WS...

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

This doesn't seem possible. She made a telephone call to David Rohn at 4:15 a.m. So whatever happened to whoever that was at 3:38 a.m. doesn't sound like it's related to Lauren.

I'm not a fan of inverts because I usually end up seeing more imagined images than real ones (tried it w/ released van photos, saw stuff that I later concluded was rearview mirror and glare) but someone on the fox fb fan page has been doing a better job of it.

One person on the site said it looked like the truck had offset type (https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.ph...type=1&theater). I sent a pm to Harrison listing registered sex offenders in the area near smallwood, and one does work for a roofing company, but wasn't able to find their website for info on logos, etc.

Another person did a much better job w/ the invert than I on the MISSING: LS fb page. He said it looked more like some male in a hat in the back, and labeled it nicely: https://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk...type=1&theater

21. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nickel For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JeannaT View Post
    This doesn't seem possible. She made a telephone call to David Rohn at 4:15 a.m. So whatever happened to whoever that was at 3:38 a.m. doesn't sound like it's related to Lauren.
    If indeed she made that phone call. But if she didn't, why would JR place her at his apartment at that time, if he did not have to? I tend to agree that this witness saw another girl, if so, wish she would come forward...

23. The Following User Says Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JeannaT View Post
    The phone call is only reported to have come from JR's room. He is the only witness of the phonecall.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Smurf For This Useful Post:

Such a detailed description: color of complexion, detailed description of his sideburns, height/weight, bone structure and polo-style shirt!

She was close enough to hear him ask something like, Can I take you home? And close enough to see her eyes were almost closed.

Terrifyingly close.

Well...how is we don't we have his approximate age?
    Could he be of college-student age?

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to epiphany For This Useful Post:

Now I am getting junk mail from roofers, thanks to my googling...

29. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

Page 6 of 48 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast