Lawyers texting in court?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimeWillTell

Reaction score
Just wondering what others think about this because I think it's HIGHLY inappropriate and unprofessional ESPECIALLY at the podium! Am I alone in this? Why is the Judge allowing this?

I have no idea and it infuriates me!
JB disrespects the Court daily and smirks all the time when he gets away with it.
I really thought HHJP would take him to task over this texting, but whatever the rules of decorum for this court are, they are applied only to the SA team.

Just wondering what others think about this because I think it's HIGHLY inappropriate and unprofessional ESPECIALLY at the podium! Am I alone in this? Why is the Judge allowing this?

Is this what happened today in court? I read that JA made a complaint that JB was texting. I would like to see it on the video if only I knew which part it occured in.

Is this what happened today in court? I read that JA made a complaint that JB was texting. I would like to see it on the video if only I knew which part it occured in.

I would assume they're texting is trial related. (Are they allowed to do that?) I thought maybe assistants are sending them updates about information they asked them to look up based on witness testimony. Or could they be receiving real time feedback on how they're doing?

See, and I thought Jose Baez was @Baezsthoughts on Twitter! Maybe he tweets his innermost thoughts?

I would assume they're texting is trial related. (Are they allowed to do that?) I thought maybe assistants are sending them updates about information they asked them to look up based on witness testimony. Or could they be receiving real time feedback on how they're doing?

We don't know who he is texting, but I think the favorite so far is LKB.

Yes this happened today. JA actually commented on it and JP said he doesn't care if JB is standing on his head he just wants to get the facts out (rough paraphrasing). I don't think the jury was present. I'm convinced LKB is texting JB in court and giving advice. I just don't think it should be allowed either way.

Yes this happened today. JA actually commented on it and JP said he doesn't care if JB is standing on his head he just wants to get the facts out (rough paraphrasing). I don't think the jury was present. I'm convinced LKB is texting JB in court and giving advice. I just don't think it should be allowed either way.

What does LKB stand for again? All these abbreviations are going over my head.

I think it's humiliating for the DT, and I am astounded Jose does it-- the jurors see this, so whatever, I don't care, they'll make up their own minds. JB's level of unpreparedness is much too profound to conceal, I guess. :thud:

It was probably someone from the defense team who needed to tell him something right then about what was going on at that moment. It's not like they can call out to him.

YES, highly inappropriate, desrepectful, and unprofessional! And, since we're on the subject of JB's unbecoming conduct, may I add that I find his standing up while the prosecution is speaking to a witness on the stand, like he's just waiting for an opportunity to object, to be extremely bullying behavior. I found myself yesterday yelling at the TV telling JB to either make an objection or sit his fat you-know-what down! I hope Judge Perry will tell him for me. Don't make me come down there Jose!

LKB = Linda Kenney Baden, former member of the defense team

I find it rude... I hate when I am trying to hold a convo with someone rudely doing it in front of me and the last place I would expect it to happen is out in open court at a trial. Isn't there protocol for electronics during a trial?

For what it is worth, I have had to text my assistant, witnesses, etc many times during a trial to coordinate matters. The only difference today though is that Baez did it at a podium, which I have never done.

And before you go blasting Baez for even doing it at the defense table, the reality is the state is constantly emailing their office with the computer in front of them to coordinate the same types of things.

I read in todays trial thread that ICA was texting as well. Supposedly would take the phone and hold it in the binder to not be seen.

I've been trying to find a link to todays coverage with time stamps to see if I can find it but no luck so far.

Thanks Richard, I think it's the at the podium thing that bothered me and some others. Will he be eating a sandwich at the podium tomorrow? Just seems kind of unprofessional.

YES, highly inappropriate, desrepectful, and unprofessional! And, since we're on the subject of JB's unbecoming conduct, may I add that I find his standing up while the prosecution is speaking to a witness on the stand, like he's just waiting for an opportunity to object, to be extremely bullying behavior. I found myself yesterday yelling at the TV telling JB to either make an objection or sit his fat you-know-what down! I hope Judge Perry will tell him for me. Don't make me come down there Jose!

What she said.............and sooooooo unprofessional

For what it is worth, I have had to text my assistant, witnesses, etc many times during a trial to coordinate matters. The only difference today though is that Baez did it at a podium, which I have never done.

And before you go blasting Baez for even doing it at the defense table, the reality is the state is constantly emailing their office with the computer in front of them to coordinate the same types of things.

Exactly! The jury also was NOT in the court room at the time nor was any witness testifying. The lawyers were sorting something out with the judge and it's most likely that someone on the Defense team was sending him something he should cite in that discussion. There was nothing in appropriate about it at all. <modsnip>

My post was going to ask our verified lawyers if this is deemed as acceptable.

Thank you Mr. Hornsby once again...:blowkiss:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member