1069 users online (234 members and 835 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    missm is offline POSTPARTUM SCHIZOPHRENIA! Yes folks, you heard that correctly!

Does Baez Actually Believe Casey is Innocent? - A Philosophical Discussion

While I understand that everyone is entitled to a vigorous defense because that is how the justice system works, many of us are sincerely wondering how the DT can sleep at night with this case, with the monumental amount of evidence against the inmate.

Do you genuinely think that JB, CM etc truly believe that the inmate had nothing to do with Caylee's death?

Aside from any other reason for taking on this case (for fame, to become DP qualified, as a final swan song before retirement, for the potential income for book deals & interviews down the road, etc) do you really think in their hearts and guts she is innocent?
    Last edited by Salem; 06-17-2011 at 10:57 PM.

Roze is offline Founding Member of AFKBPOFPOPL, Part-time Dentist
    Quote Originally Posted by missm View Post
    While I understand that everyone is entitled to a vigorous defense because that is how the justice system works, many of us are sincerely wondering how the DT can sleep at night with this case, with the monumental amount of evidence against the inmate.

Do you genuinely think that JB, CM etc truly believe that the inmate had nothing to do with Caylee's death?

Aside from any other reason for taking on this case (for fame, to become DP qualified, as a final swan song before retirement, for the potential income for book deals & interviews down the road, etc) do you really think in their hearts and guts she is innocent?
    Absolutely not. They all know she is guilty. They're just doing their job.

JB knows she's guilty.
    And, before CM was part of the DT, he was proclaiming just how guilty she was!

No way.

No Way Jose
    "You can pretty well predict there's going to be a life sentence, either a plea and get it over with or have a circus trial and then be convicted and get life,"Cheney Mason

Baez knows she's guilty. He knew she was guilty when he took the case. He wanted to defend a young thang like Casey.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricki View Post
    No Way Jose
    "You can pretty well predict there's going to be a life sentence, either a plea and get it over with or have a circus trial and then be convicted and get life,"Cheney Mason
    And we all know who the clowns are in this circus.

No, I believe he thinks she mentally off and is only going with what she gave him to try to save her life.

I highly doubt it. In opening statements he said that Caylee drowned, and now he's trying to introduce some phone calls from a convicted kidnapper - he seems to be changing his strategy half way through the trial. If he thought she was innocent, he would have one story to tell. As for the other lawyer, I'm still trying to figure out why people say he has a great reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by Beyond Belief View Post
    No, I believe he thinks she mentally off and is only going with what she gave him to try to save her life.
    Did she have an opportunity to make a plea deal before the body was found ... somehow, that's sitting in the back of my mind. If it was a drowning, why didn't Baez jump at that - if he really believed that she was innocent.

They ALL know she is guilty.
    JB thinks he will be another F. Lee Bailey or Perry Mason (make believe).
    They are in it for book deals, publicity etc.........but it will back fire IMO.
    JB looks like trash talk lawyer to me.
    DT trying to just save her life from DP.
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

I don't think JB has believed in her innocence since he heard the first LE tape. I think JB sold the ICA kool-aid and other DT members joined the team thinking she was innocent...at first but have long hit the road since. I think CM only joined for the noteriety and Simms well I think she believes everyone innocent of course until she hears video tape visitations!

JMHO

I've often wondered if she confessed to him. Some lawyers tell their clients not to tell them anything. Others, like Mr Houze in Portland Or don't care if they are guilty or innocent, just that they are given a fair trial. IMO

BBM - Um... That would be a big NO! [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Er2G0OszXEk"]YouTube - ‪Cheney Mason....really?‬‏[/ame]
    Look twice - Save a Life! Motorcycles are everywhere!

Oh hell to the no!!! Girl, puhleeze!

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast