Judge Perry admonishes Jose Baez

It has been a long time coming and I'm sure it won't be the last time.

This is unreal what do you want to bet this all ends ln a mistrial?

no need to say how we all feel about JB, but it is painful to listen to this man. He truely is out of his league here..I would be scared to death if this were my attorney and this is how he defended my life....Awful.

Oh,SA got a bit of a spanking there too for game playing.

His Honor is pretty skillful at keeping this thing moving and on track. he is trying make sure there is no mistrial and that KC gets every benefit to limit appellate issues.jmho

Casey looks like a truck ran her over since the judge went off on Mr. Beaz....

I am continually amazed at how professionally HHJP is able to handle these issues. He has the patience of Job and the wisdom of Solomon in situations where (especially those springing from the shenanigans of the defense, imo) a mere mortal would understandably lose it!!:banghead:

Just watched the link...What did he do? What is the violation? Wooo, possible contempt at the end of the proceedings...TIA

I was happy I overslept, but after watching this video, I want to know what happened!

Just watched the link...What did he do? What is the violation? Wooo, possible contempt at the end of the proceedings...TIA

The Cliffs' Notes version (I'm not a lawyer, so please correct me if I misstate anything) is that HHJP had ordered in January that all of the experts in this case submit reports which contain EVERYTHING they will potentially testify to. And with the witness this morning, Baez began to ask his forensic anthropologist questions that were about the duct tape, an issue that was NOT contained in that expert's report.

And HHJP did not buy that it was unintentional on Baez' part, but did not want to "punish" the defendant for the behavior of her lawyer, so he will allow the expert to continue to testify after the prosecution deposes him on this issue. But HHJP will decide whether to hold Baez in contempt after the case.

What happened to "If it's not in the report", you can't use it???

What happened to "If it's not in the report", you can't use it???

It is a death penalty case and the judge said as much...that he could not preclude valuable testimony for the defendant because her attorney did something skeezy (paraphrasing here).

Contempt will be nice to see but I'm still looking forward to the day Baez faces disbarment. It may not happen in this trial (or it may) but it WILL happen someday.

This is unreal what do you want to bet this all ends ln a mistrial?

If these shenanigans were being pulled by the prosecution it could lead to a mistrial but because it's the defense I doubt it. JMO

Oh and I also wanted to say this;

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX7wtNOkuHo&feature=related"]YouTube - ‪Nelson‬‏[/ame]

That was really painful! I wonder if JB was originally going to question Dr Spitz, or was Cheney thrown in at the last minute?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danielle79903
Back