Who do you believe? Dr. G or Dr. S?

Who do you find more credible and believable?

• Dr. G

Votes: 747 96.5%
  • Dr. S

Votes: 27 3.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

chefmom

Seriously! Ancient Aliens!
Reaction score
So, who's testimony did you find more credible about the remains? Dr. G. or Dr. S? IMO, Dr. S made himself completely unreliable by being all over the map with his answers when a simple statement of fact would have sufficed, contradicting himself numerous times and skirting the questioning when asked to clarify, and pulling the old "I can't remember." card when he didn't want to answer. And, of course, the whole ME staged the scene for pics ploy. My vote goes to Dr. G for these reasons. I'd love to know what everyone else think.

Dr. S. was a horrible witness, imo. No question.

Dr. S sold out for participation in a high profile case. Zero credibility after his accusations against Dr. G! What a tool!

Dr. S seemed either completely unprepared to testify, or he didn't bother with facts when he filed his report. Either of those two = not good!

I actually feel sorry for <modsnip>. How humiliating. Hubris at its best.

JB and CM should be ashamed of themselves for even putting him on the stand. Was LKB behind this? Shame on her too.

Dr. G was doing her job on that fateful day in December......

Dr. S had monetary and his own selfish reasons (fame, attention) to become involved in this case.

This is a bit complicated. I partly believe Dr. G and PARTLY Dr. S.
I don´t agree with Dr. G that it is a given that the tape was placed on Caylee prior to her death. I think it could have been placed on her after death to stop spilling from mouth and nose, but NOT after it was skeletonized, only slightly into decomposition.
Dr. S´ theory is plain crazy in my opinion.

Dr. S couldn't remember anything. Actually, I think it was his own way to manipulate himself out of the tough questions.

Dr. G has a logical answer to questions posed to her and doesn't shrug her responsibilities on others.

Dr. S so obviously was trying to match his testimony to DT OS. It was as ridiculous as The DT's theory as to Kronk moving the body.
I was almost embarrassed by his testimony.
The jury did not by it, his testimony was a joke on cross.

I believe Dr. G. But I feel sort of bad because I think I just witnessed what I think was the end of Warner Spitz's distinguished career.
<modsnip>

Can you add a "DUH?" option button please? This is not even a question. What would anyone have to gain by tampering with the scene of this crime? If LE wanted to tamper with the scene you better believe their would have been something found to directly link Casey. Her shoes? Her hair? Her fingerprints. DNA of some kind. LE had DNA from her by 12/11/08 when the remains were found. Surely, they would have taken it a step further and actually left some of it there.

This is getting crazy. Now I see why they were hoping to dumb down the jury.

While Dr. S is a respected Dr. in his field, I feel he is past his prime. He seems very sure that just because he sees something and says it is so, it must be even without proper tests.

How dare he say Dr. G did shoddy work when he himself did not do tests on the skull debris.

How dare he expect us to believe it is brain dust just because he says so. Where is the proof.

Plus he broke the skull?? really??

Also he didn't take into consideration the circumstances around Caylee's death. 31 days, partying, duct tape, decomp in the car, body tossed in a dump. Sorry Mr. S. Time for you to retire and after Ashton made you look like an old fool, nobody will be calling for to testify anyway.

P.S. kathi Belich said more than 3 different times that jurors were smirking at Dr. S. "conspiracy theory" as Ashton called him out on point after point. Bottom line. Hair on the duct tape, duct tape holding the mandible in an anatomically correct posiiton means all this was put on BEFORE the decomp of the body or the hair would be long gone and the manidible and skull separated and could have been many feet away from each other.

I have an even greater respect for Dr. Garavaglia after Dr. Spitz's testimony.

IMO there was absolutely no gain to the further desecration of a little girl's remains. Opening the cranium is not SOP for an osteological anthropological examination. An xray could have sufficed in determining intercranial fractures. That Dr. Spitz could NOT cite this protocol proves to me that Dr. Garavaglia showed much more compassion and respect to these remains than the defense expert.

JMO

No question about it Dr. G, she has nor reason to lie, and I liked the way she answered all questions, very direct, I also liked her answer that no child for whatever reason should have tape across their mouth, I feel that sealed C.A.
new home real soon!!

Knock it off with the age comments!

Did you all know that the US Equal Opportunity Laws consider age bashing as bad as racial commenting?

Not that we are governed by those laws here, but it shows how rude it is to consider age as a negative connotation.

I don't believe Dr. S was good on the stand today, and was not prepared. I listened to his interview regarding Caylee Anthony, and he still didn't make much sense. IMHO He didn't have enough information to testify on this case.

RAW: Dr. Werner Spitz Talks About Casey Anthony Trial

http://www.clickorlando.com/video/28244971/index.html

MOO

Mel

I wish JA would have asked Dr. Spitz, "So you feel that Dr. G failed to find critical information by not cutting the skull?" followed up with "What did you find differently from DR. G by cutting into the skull?" ummm, nothing. "Oh, wait..you found dust. Did you test the dust? Nope? so why cut the skull if you were not going to test the findings?"

Dr G by a long long shot Dr. S didn't seem to know any of the facts surrounding the case...it was really surprising he didn't seem to know the case at all. I heard him say he didn't know about when 'Casey' was first missing before her body was found... wow.

All Dr S could provide was a theory but could not logically explain his theory. He also demeaned and publicly berated the skill and expertise of a fellow ME who is also very well respected, which to me is despicable behavior as a professional. I won't even mention the accusation he made that she (or another LE or ME employee) may have manipulated evidence.
His testimony was erratic and I felt like he should have just responded "because I said so" when JA was asking for valid reasons behind what he concluded, because that was basically his reasoning. He seemed annoyed at even being questioned about how he came to his theory. When mason re-directed and led him down the path the DT had obviously mapped out, only THEN could he offer a semi coherent explanation for his findings.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361
Back