TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #25

Status
Not open for further replies.

imamaze

Former Member
Reaction score
Holly Lynn Bobo was last seen early on the morning of April 13, 2011, outside of her home in Darden, Tennessee. She was seen being led away from the carport of her home toward a wooded area by a man described as approximately 5'8" to 6'0" tall and 200 pounds, wearing camouflage clothing.
Holly Lynn Bobo was last seen wearing a pink shirt and light blue jeans.
http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap

image_thumb
image_thumb

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4

Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9
Thread #10
Thread #11
Thread #12
Thread #13
Thread #14
Thread #15
Thread #16
Thread #17
Thread #18
Thread #19
Thread #20

Thread #21
Thread #22
Thread #23
Thread #24

-RUMORS are not allowed and will be removed.
-It's fine to discuss the brother and anyone mentioned in the media and tied to this case. Its not ok to talk about him or anyone as a suspect or POI. No one has been named as such.
-If you are new to us here, please take a moment to review our Terms of Service and Rules, especially the piece regarding social networking sites (Facebook and Twitter):
Rules Etiquette & Information
STOP FLINGING MUD AT HOLLY'S FAMILY REGARDING THE T-SHIRTS! End of story.

Professional Posters & Verified Locals/Insiders

Holly Bobo Map
Created by Hollye Thanks!

Some blog sites are not allowed to be linked to because of so many rumors being posted on them. Please pm a Mod if its not posted below to see if they are allowed.

The following blog sites are allowed to be linked to:
Case Signal (BeanE's site)
Val - The Hinky Meter
Amandareckonwth's case archive site - Crankycrankerson
Patty G's Video Library site

Please continue here!

HoneySugar,

I am wondering if it is possible for LE would to monitoring these boards as well...I mean thats what I keep thinking they must be doing..it seems like a good use of time and resources. As far as posting theories go, I feel like only way to deter criminals is to show them we the public are not affraid to come forward and that we are willing to do whatever it takes to catch them. Im not saying my theory is any more valid that anything else, it may be total hogwash, however, if there is a chance that something posted here helps catch this criminal, then I think we have to take the risk. These sick people need to be affraid, I would think that when they are affraid is when they make mistakes and get caught. Just my opinion. Being a newbie here, Ill gladly not post any further ideas if yall think its not a good idea.

Old Steve...
I thought of that also, and a few variations of that..., but you know, if she was a runaway, or the family thought she was a runaway, why the new gate, looking for her by the Dad...
I dont think they think that...because there actions don't fit them thinking that, but its possible..JMO.

I've read on this thread that people are wondering if Holly and Lauren Spierer disappearance could be related, and that they are of such similar looks and such. Also read theories that Holly disappearance could be related to being mistaken for famous cousin, or that cousin's celebrity could be related. It's odd because Lauren Spierer is also related to actress Tamara Braun....I just found this odd because you rarely hear of missing people being related to a celebrity and now in the last 2 months, 2 missing women have "famous" relatives...no theories or anything, I was just taking note..

http://twitter.com/#!/TamaraBraun

to beane, why would I report you for just your opinion, and I was expressing mine in return..no hard feeling just strong opinions...this is why this is a great board.

While it's interesting to note that TB and LS are related like HB and the country singer, I think there are only superficial similarities. TB and LS aren't even blood relations like HB is with her famous cousin. But this could be a new trend: stalking a relative of someone famous. With social networking all the creeps can come out of the woodwork even more easily.

While it's interesting to note that TB and LS are related like HB and the country singer, I think there are only superficial similarities

I agree...don't think they're related at all, but just thought it was a weird coincidence.

I've read on this thread that people are wondering if Holly and Lauren Spierer disappearance could be related, and that they are of such similar looks and such. Also read theories that Holly disappearance could be related to being mistaken for famous cousin, or that cousin's celebrity could be related. It's odd because Lauren Spierer is also related to actress Tamara Braun....I just found this odd because you rarely hear of missing people being related to a celebrity and now in the last 2 months, 2 missing women have "famous" relatives...no theories or anything, I was just taking note..

http://twitter.com/#!/TamaraBraun

Wonder if that white truck being sought in the LS case was seen around the Bobo's area back in April....

Wonder if that white truck being sought in the LS case was seen around the Bobo's area back in April

Now THAT would be weird.

No news, no comments from family or TBI, no nothing again today. I'm sorry, I just find this ridiculous. Just a freaking timeline would be helpful at this point but they won't even release that and I'm SURE they have that together. At the very least, it would stop the conjecture of WHEN she was really abducted. UGH.

Now THAT would be weird.

No news, no comments from family or TBI, no nothing again today. I'm sorry, I just find this ridiculous. Just a freaking timeline would be helpful at this point but they won't even release that and I'm SURE they have that together. At the very least, it would stop the conjecture of WHEN she was really abducted. UGH.

BBM ITA!

IMO if you want your loved one found, you have to ask for help, even beg . No one's asking anything, doing anything(at least not where I see)no new tips or searches. Almost as if LE said"we've done all we can w/ the info we have been given" and the family is saying "stay away". Just my opinion of what I see and feel.
I'm actually angry that Holly does'nt seem to have anyone searching for her .Not alive, not her body. Another case that falls by the way side and us websleuthers seem to be the only ones asking "what's up?"

Praying she's found. Someone has to be accountable for this girl!

Now THAT would be weird.

BBM

Timeline from Kristin Helm of the TBI published just two weeks ago:

- The day she went missing Bobo put on her bright pink shirt, jeans and black flip-flops and packed her lunch for another day of nursing school at the nearby UT-Martin campus.

- Her brother, Clint, was still asleep. Their parents had already left for work.

- At 7:40 a.m., Holly walked to her black Ford Mustang on the long, winding driveway leading to the Bobo family’s rural Decatur County home.

- Minutes later, the family’s dog barked, waking Clint. He walked to the kitchen window that faces the expansive, treelined backyard to see what the ruckus was about. A man dressed in camouflage had his sister by the arm, leading her into the woods, he later told the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation.

- The psychology student went out to his sister’s Mustang. She was supposed to be on her way to school, he knew. Next to her car, pooled a small puddle of blood and a spilled Coke can.

- Wide awake now, Clint Bobo ran into his house and called 911. He called his mother, Karen, a second-grade teacher who usually chatted by text with Holly several times a day. Panicked now, he ran into the woods where he had last seen his sister.
Nothing. She was nowhere. No more blood.

- Just after 8 a.m. that April 13 Wednesday, police surrounded the country home. Within hours, dogs, helicopters, horses joined in the search.

- The next day, Holly Bobo’s packed lunch was found about six miles north of her home toward Interstate 40.

- More of Holly’s belongings were found. Investigators with the TBI aren’t saying how many, or what the items are. They’re also not saying whose blood was next to Holly’s Mustang.

- Helm said no one has been ruled out as a suspect but added that investigators believe Clint Bobo’s account of that morning.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/2...Holly-Bobo-s-family-holds-out-hope-her-return

BBM ITA!

IMO if you want your loved one found, you have to ask for help, even beg . No one's asking anything, doing anything(at least not where I see)no new tips or searches. Almost as if LE said"we've done all we can w/ the info we have been given" and the family is saying "stay away". Just my opinion of what I see and feel.
I'm actually angry that Holly does'nt seem to have anyone searching for her .Not alive, not her body. Another case that falls by the way side and us websleuthers seem to be the only ones asking "what's up?"

Praying she's found. Someone has to be accountable for this girl!

BBM

LE and her family continue to search for Holly.

With a quick check, I easily found a number of MSM news articles on the continued LE and family searches, all published in just the last couple weeks. Here are just some of them:

LE continues to conduct searches

- Mehr said agents are still occasionally searching for Bobo

http://www.wbtv.com/story/14452862/young-woman-missing-was-dragged-from-tenn-home

- They continue to investigate and conduct limited searches as leads develop.

http://www.wsmv.com/news/28217864/detail.html

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20110612/NEWS25/106120318

He said local law enforcement and the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation continue to search new areas every week although the family has not been made aware of any recent leads.

http://www.wkrn.com/story/14873843/spokesperson-says-holly-bobos-family-remains-hopeful

- Investigators still follow leads and go out searching almost every day.

- official agents are still searching local areas every week.

- The EMA director said they go out at least twice a week.

- Local volunteers as well as out-of-town search groups have continued searching on their own.

http://www.wreg.com/news/wreg-bobo-two-months,0,7592918.story?track=rss

Holly's family continues to search for her almost *every day*

- “I think I’d be safe in saying they have not missed a single day looking for Holly,” he says.

- “They go out and just double check places to make sure nothing’s been missed in the organized search.”

http://www.abc24.com/news/local/sto...y-Believes/GlG8QCC4NkuRrdL4R6sqdg.cspx?rss=59

http://www.abc24.com/news/local/sto...y-Believes/GlG8QCC4NkuRrdL4R6sqdg.cspx?rss=59

- Neighbors of Karen and Dana Bobo said the family continues to search daily for their daughter, Holly. Even though larger volunteer-led searches have stopped, the family continues to comb the woods of Decatur County when they can, neighbor Tonya Manley says.

http://www.wbbjtv.com/news/local/Bo...Two-Months-After-Disappearance-123763464.html

- Bromley said the family wants Holly to know they are still looking for her, and they love her and miss her very much and just want her to come home.

http://www.wkrn.com/story/14873843/spokesperson-says-holly-bobos-family-remains-hopeful

- Most every day, Dana Bobo searches wooded areas, fields and ponds.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/2...Holly-Bobo-s-family-holds-out-hope-her-return

It seems that the only way this case breaks open is with a body.

it is sad that you are essentially describing the situation in most--nearly all--of these cases in which people are known to be abductees. The best shot at rescuing someone like Holly is in finding her before the abductor gets her to a place where he feels safe. That has to be a matter of hours, not days.

Thaks, BeanE for reminding us that the family and LE continue to look for Holly. I am not sure why so many believe that these people have given up.

I recall the criticism that Kristi Cornwell's family faced when she was abducted and her family spent money on chartering aircraft, etc. We can also think of other cases in which families have done searches and have still been vilified by the public (Natalee Holloway's family is a major case in point). In the case, the family and LE are criticized even though they are doing the best they can.

The only thing we in the public seem to know for sure is that her lunch, at least, made it into a car and out of the woods. And once again, it is so heart-breaking to see a family mourn for a beautiful young person taken from that family, taken from her friends, taken from her life. We can still hope that this story will be one of the rare ones with a happy ending.

Look I'm not going to give any more warnings. If you have a problem with a post hit the alert button. Do not carry out arguments on the thread. It is against the Rules here and I'm getting tired of saying it.

We aren't getting anywhere with the constant discussion and whining about the family not speaking out. Or throwing baits about the family which I have warned against repeatedly.

Go look for some news, stop picking apart the family and do what we are here to to. Take news articles and try to find something in them if nothing else document them.

This is not why we are here. All of the negativity is counter productive. Sometimes cases are just not active and we have to go with what we have.

Please take the links provided and keep checking for news. But stop bashing LE and stop pounding on this family. Because this family has not acted the way we would like to see, or because LE hasn't kept a constant news leak means nothing more than the case is being handled differently. Until we have proof otherwise stop.

Last and Final warning.

Missing in Tennessee - an update

Shelley Mook....missing for 112 days
Holly Bobo.......missing for 68 days
Gail Palmgren...missing for 51 days

Missing in Tennessee - an update

Shelley Mook....missing for 112 days
Holly Bobo.......missing for 68 days
Gail Palmgren...missing for 51 days

Zaylee Fryar missing since May 1, 2011 - 52 days if my math is correct, which I won't guarantee tonight.

Although not MSM so I won't post the link, what do yall think about the reports of psychics becoming a problem for investigators that are popping up on google. Any thoughts on how seriously LE would actually take these kinds of claims? Is this a topic thats OK to post about?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail