Eye Color: Blue
Age when first missing: 14
Age Now: 36
Missing Date: Jul 10, 1982
Missing City: ORLANDO
Missing State : FL
Missing Country: United States
Case Number: NCMC905680

Circumstances: Emma, age 14, was last seen walking down Robinson Street in Orlando, Florida. She may have been seen in the general area after that time, but her whereabouts are currently unknown. When she was last seen her left front tooth was chipped and she had a tendency to bite her fingernails.

Link:
http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...aseNum=905680&orgPrefix=NCMC&searchLang=en_US

I couldn't find any info on Emma really except this listing in an old missing persons site(its now closed but the pages are still visible)

It says Emma may be in the company of her half-sister Rhonda Cannon , which is weird. I checked and her sister is not listed as missing.............

Heres the site http://www.angelfire.com/mi3/mpccn/vaughn.html

This is her Doe Network entry. OBT(Orange Blossom Trail) is notorious for prostitution and drugs- over 70% of county 911 calls are for a 4 mile area of OBT. If she were around that area... keeping her trade, she would have had contact with the authorities already. The police in that area are always arresting people. There is a reward.

Emma Lorene Vaughn
Missing since July 10, 1982 from Orlando, Orange County, Florida.
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

* Date Of Birth: November 10, 1967
* Age at Time of Disappearance: 14 years old
* Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'3" - 160 cm, 114 lbs - 52 kg
* Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian. Brown hair, blue eyes.
* Marks, Scars: She has a scar on her chin and a scar on her eyebrow. She has a birthmark on her left leg. She had a tendency to bite her fingernails.
* Dentals: She has extensive dental work done. When she was last seen her left front tooth was chipped.
* AKA: Christine

Circumstances of Disappearance
Vaughn was last seen walking down Robinson Street in Orlando, Florida. She was known to frequent South Orange Blossom Trail and South Street in Orlando. She was rumored to have last been seen in 1983. She was a prostitute and stripper. She had been seen with labor pool workers, and was rumored to have gone to Tennessee with a gas station attendant. Her family lives in Missouri.

It sounds like Emma might have run into trouble with one of her customers. It really makes me sad -- that she was in that life, and she was so young. I mean, no one should be a prostitute but especially not a fourteen-year-old.

http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/81ufar.html

# Unidentified White Female Located on July 10, 1991 in El Dorado, Union County, Arkansas.
# The victim died the same day that she was discovered.

Vital Statistics

* Estimated age: 18 - 21 years old
* Approximate Height and Weight: 5'11"; 150-160 lbs.
* Distinguishing Characteristics: She had brown hair at the time of her death; however, it had been previously dyed blonde, as the photos above attest. She had blue eyes. She had a small birthmark or scar beneath her left breast; she also had freckles.
* Dentals: Available
* Fingerprints: Available
* DNA: Available
* AKA: Cheryl Ann Wick, Shannon Wiley, Kelly Carr, Mercedes

Possible match?
1. If you put the photos of Emma and Jane Doe side by side there is a very strong match, especially in the nose and the chin area.
2. Jane Doe is estimated to be 18-21, Emma would have been 24 - one of Jane Doe's multiple ID's said she was 24.
3. Emma is listed as 5'3", Jane Doe is 5'11", this is a huge discrepancy but when you think that Emma disappeared when she was 14 it is possible she was actually taller than 5'3 and grew a little more during her teenage years?
4. Jane Doe told people she was originally from Florida, Emma is from Florida.
5. The scars/birthmarks don't match up in the descriptions but Jane Doe was frequently beaten and in the Emergency Room. Could she have had plastic surgury to cover the injuries/marks? (this is wild speculation on my part).
6. Both Emma and Jane Doe were prostitutes.
7. Bothe Emma and Jane Doe had brown hair and blue eyes.

This is another possible match as it matches the height more. This Jane Doe might have been a prostitute. She was in New York. Her hair was light (or reddish) and Emma's seems to be brown-reddish in the photos. When you do side by side photo comparisons it kinda matches to the sketch but the nose is wrong and it throws it all off... I don't think its a match but still putting out the possibility

http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/337ufny.html

This month marks the 25th year since Emma Lorene Vaughn disappeared.

I have often wondered if she might be the unidentified girl known as Blairstown Princess Doe. I was told that a dental comparison ruled it out, however.

Missing Since July 1982 FROM FLORIDA. MY NAME IS MELISSA VAUGHN AND EMMA IS MY HUSBAND'S SISTER,WE HAVE BEEN SEARCHING FOR ANY KIND OF CLUE AS TO WHAT MIGHT HAVE HAPPENED TO HER. I KNOW YOU HAVE PROBABLY ALL READ THAT SHE WAS A PROSTITUTE BUT THAT IS NOT TRUE .THAT WAS TOLD BY A UNRELIABLE SOURCE AND AS FAR AS WE KNOW SHE NEVER WENT BY THE NAME CHRISTINE.

Yes! Emma Did Leave The House With Ronda Cannon And Ronda Returned But Emma Never Did. We Have A Few Pictures Of Emma But None Of Ronda.she Wasn't Actually Their Step-sister Her Father James (ronnie) Cannon And Their Mother Tressie Lived Together But Were Never Married .there Is A Different Detective On Her Case Now And They Recently Ran A Article In The News Paper On Emma .i Beleive It Was The JACKSON COUNTY PAPER IT HAS MORE RECENT INFORMATION ON IT.

Do you have a link to that article, missy lynn? Welcome to WS, by the way. I hope Emma is found safe.

THE jcfloridan.com .we hope so too,but as time goes on we begin to wonder if she ever will and sometimes you can't help but think the worst ,it's been a long time and no kind of sign at all that she may be .

Circumstances have been updated in this case file:

-------------------------------------------------
Emma Lorene Vaughn

Vital Statistics
Date Of Birth: November 10, 1967
Age at Time of Disappearance: 14 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'3" - 160 cm; 114 lbs - 52 kg
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; blue eyes.
Marks, Scars: She has a scar on her chin and a scar on her eyebrow. She has a birthmark on her left leg. She had a tendency to bite her fingernails.
Dentals: Available. She has extensive dental work done. When she was last seen her left front tooth was chipped.
AKA: Christine
DNA: Available

Vaughn, mother of newborn son, was last seen walking down Robinson Street in Orlando, Florida. She was known to frequent South Orange Blossom Trail and South Street in Orlando. She was rumored to have last been seen in 1983. She was known to associate with prostitutes and strippers. She had been seen with labor pool workers, and was rumored to have gone to Tennessee with a gas station attendant. Her family lives in Missouri.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Orlando Police Department
Detective Asst. Cheryl Holtz
407-246-3951

Agency Case Number: 47268L
NCMEC #: NCMC905680
NCIC Number: M-121662608

Please refer to these numbers when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
National Center for Missing and Exploited Children
Florida Department of Law Enforcement
Orlando Police Department
Florida Missing Children Information Clearinghouse
The Doe Network: Case File 689DFFL

LINK:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/689dffl.html

There was a Jane Doe found off I-59 in December 1988 whose sketches are similar to Emma. I-59 Jane Doe was taller than Emma, but since Emma was a young teen she could have grown more after disappearing. Additionally, where Jane Doe was found was near a truck stop, and only about 15 minutes from the GA/TN state line.

I'm sorry I don't have what it takes to look at Doe Network this morning, but if someone searches threads started by me here, there's a link to my Jane Doe's page in a thread I started on her. If anyone wants to compare.

http://www.cityoforlando.net/police/missing/PAGES/Emma Vaughn.htm

Nice pictures of Emma here. Very clear.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2003-06-14/news/0306140243_1_canine-search-holtz-sonar

June 14, 2003

Article above is a news brief that I can't snip from without violating TOS because it is so short. There was a canine unit searching the area that a courthouse had been built upon a year prior to 2003. The search was about Emma.

Archived article for her sister-in-law that posts here in case she doesn't have the article themselves and wants to have them. (linked below, very short bio with a picture of Emma)

http://news.google.com/newspapers?i...AJ&pg=6514,249772&dq=emma-lorene-vaughn&hl=en

This is her Doe Network entry. OBT(Orange Blossom Trail) is notorious for prostitution and drugs- over 70% of county 911 calls are for a 4 mile area of OBT. If she were around that area... keeping her trade, she would have had contact with the authorities already. The police in that area are always arresting people. There is a reward.

Emma Lorene Vaughn

Vital Statistics

* Date Of Birth: November 10, 1967
* Age at Time of Disappearance: 14 years old
* Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'3" - 160 cm, 114 lbs - 52 kg
* Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian. Brown hair, blue eyes.
* Marks, Scars: She has a scar on her chin and a scar on her eyebrow. She has a birthmark on her left leg. She had a tendency to bite her fingernails.
* Dentals: She has extensive dental work done. When she was last seen her left front tooth was chipped.
* AKA: Christine

Vaughn was last seen walking down Robinson Street in Orlando, Florida. She was known to frequent South Orange Blossom Trail and South Street in Orlando. She was rumored to have last been seen in 1983. She was a prostitute and stripper. She had been seen with labor pool workers, and was rumored to have gone to Tennessee with a gas station attendant. Her family lives in Missouri.

This is so sad she was 14 and she was prostitute and stripper.

This is so sad she was 14 and she was prostitute and stripper.

Those are rumors which might not be true, according to a family member who posted here a few years back.

Unfortunately, not much is really known for certain about the circumstancess surrounding the disappearance of this little girl.

This coming July will mark 30 years since Emma went missing. Perhaps there will be an anniversary article in the media.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back