GUILTY FL - Courtney Wilkes, 15, raped, murdered in Seagrove Beach, 16 June 2011

I have been to this area years ago. Such a terrible story. Such a bright young girl.

poor girl

RIP Courtney

My sincere prayers for this family! :-(

And, I am in no way blaming anyone other than the that murdered her; but she was only 15 & she was allowed to go off with a 21 year old man for a walk by herself!?

I'm sure that he came off as a wonderful individual because that's what predators do of course...

But... She had just met him that week & bless her heart, she was murdered within the 3 hours she was gone.

I know I'm over protective; hard not to be when you're a member here.

Prayers for the family.

RIP beautiful angel.

My sincere prayers for this family! :-(

And, I am in no way blaming anyone other than the that murdered her; but she was only 15 & she was allowed to go off with a 21 year old man for a walk by herself!?

I'm sure that he came off as a wonderful individual because that's what predators do of course...

But... She had just met him that week & bless her heart, she was murdered within the 3 hours she was gone.

I know I'm over protective; hard not to be when you're a member here.

Prayers for the family.

RIP beautiful angel.

If the mug shot they are using in newspaper articles is current, the family may not have realized he was so much older than she. He looks younger than 21.

Secondly, I don't know how deserted the beach area was.

But thirdly, the other family members may have thought, logically, that since they were witnesses to the girl and Cozzie being together, Cozzie wouldn't harm her.

I know you weren't attacking the family, but I can see how their guard might have been down under the circumstances.

I know I'm over protective;

I choose to call it being informed.;)

Such a beautiful girl. Her poor family. A senseless murder that will now leave her poor family devastated forever.

It's obvious this has young girls around him. I know we can't go just by a Myspace, but there's a 15 year old girl on there that calls him "shifty". I'll say.

http://www.myspace.com/cozzietoratet

He does use his correct age. He does look very young IMO. Says he's a beach boy for I guess it's a hotel?

If the mug shot they are using in newspaper articles is current, the family may not have realized he was so much older than she. He looks younger than 21.

But thirdly, the other family members may have thought, logically, that since they were witnesses to the girl and Cozzie being together, Cozzie wouldn't harm her.

I know you weren't attacking the family, but I can see how their guard might have been down under the circumstances.

Well I don't think he looks 15 either. That poor girl.

Also being on vacation I believe alot of people let their guard down. It's summer and all is right with the world for a 15 year old on vacation.

It's obvious the guy is a pity party unto himself. One of his blogs is all about how he suffered and nobody knows and his tears and him and him and his dang awful life.

Another site he's on creep.

http://fubar.com/flexin/photo-1785400-0-1096267771

Well, now this can live the good life with Casey Anthony. My blood pressure hit about 200 when I read this and smoke is coming out of my ears.
I hope he gets the death penalty. May justice be swift for him.

http://www.wjhg.com/home/headlines/...en_by_Teenagers_Violent_Murder_124111544.html

Wharton asked an investigator what happened, to which he replied, " well, you really want to know?' and I said, 'no'. He said, 'Are you a Christian?' I said, 'yeah'. He said, 'it was that bad.'"

what did that monster do to that poor child? :(

Thursday night, authorities said they were questioning 2-persons of interest. One was Cozzie, the other turned out to be Cozzie's friend, who investigators say is the one who cooperated with them

2 perps??

What does that mean? "Are you a Christian? ... It was that bad." Any guesses?

Surely the officer wouldn't compare this crime, however awful, to the Crucifixion! I've never heard Christians do that casually.

Why did that little girl go for a walk with him? He's so creepy looking! What did he tell her--that he was looking for a lost dog? How could her parents let her go?

http://www.nwfdailynews.com/articles/autopsy-41186-report-investigation.html

Autopsy not completed in teen's death; DNA testing part of investigation

Walton County Sheriff’s Office arrest reports indicate that Wilkes was killed with a blow from an unknown weapon. Cozzie took a friend to see the body and told him that he had killed Wilkes by hitting her on the head with a stick, according to the report.

The friend later reported the body to the Sheriff’s Office and led deputies to the scene, the report said.

http://www.wctv.tv/home/headlines/Suspect_Arrested_in_Georgia_Teen_Murder_124146309.html

Homeless Florida Man Arrested in Georgia Teen Murder

He says Cozzie's parents kicked him out and he was homeless at the time, usually sleeping along beach accesses.

The friend who wants to remain unnamed said was actually feeling bad for him saying "I was going to offer him to crash at my house for a little bit, get off the streets, I didn't get around to it until this happened."

Incident reports show she was murdered by blunt force trauma and Adkinson says there was evidence of struggle

I live in Toombs County, GA, Courtney's home community. A couple of years ago, she attended the school where I teach. Courtney was a Christian, star student top of her class, and a really good soccer player. But, most importantly, she was a really nice person. Our community is in shock. It will take us a long time to heal. Some will never heal. I know only the details of the crime as have been reported in the news media nor do I want to know. Visitation with the family will be tonight. How do you comfort a parent who is burying a child who died in these circumstances? I will leave you with this thought. Courtney's grandfather is a preacher. Wednesday morning, he will conduct his granddaughter's funeral. I cannot imagine the agony this man will endure. Prayers for this family.

How would one go about getting this monsters facebook and fubar pages removed?

Prayers for peace and comfort for this family. I can not imagine the pain and sorrow they must be going through.

As for why they let this walk occur, maybe he had spent time with her around her family, prior to this happening. I am sure they felt confident that she would be safe, so close to where they were staying. She sounds like she was a responsible, intelligent young woman. I am sure they felt she would be safe. I am also sure that this animal knew how to fool people.

Why did that little girl go for a walk with him? He's so creepy looking! What did he tell her--that he was looking for a lost dog? How could her parents let her go?

Columbo, I don't think he needed to tell there was a lost dog. It appears they met during the vaction. It was 2:00PM in the afternoon. The family saw him. Courtney requested permission.

Again, I think because it's vacation and kids are just enjoying life. A huge thing for kids Courtney's age is meeting boys during vacation. Who amongst us doesn't have memories of that?

Unfortunately this poor sweetheart met up with the wrong creep.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy
Back