Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 381

Thread: NJ - Blairstown "Princess Doe", WhtFem 36UFNJ, 14-18, Jul'82

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    4,566

    NJ - Blairstown "Princess Doe", WhtFem 36UFNJ, 14-18, Jul'82

    "Blairstown Princess Doe" Unidentified girl murdered July 1982 Blairstown, NJ

    BLAIRSTOWN NJ UNIDENTIFIED GIRL
    DOB: Jan 1, 1968 (Approximation)
    Found: Jul 15, 1982
    Age at time of discovery: 14 (Approximation)
    Age Now: 36
    Sex: Female
    Race: White
    Hair: Brown
    Eyes: Unknown
    Height: 5'2" (157 cm)
    Weight: 110 lbs (50 kg)
    Found: BLAIRSTOWN, NJ, United States
    NCMEC-Unidentified

    Circumstances:
    On July 15, 1982, the remains of a white female were found at the north end of Cedar Ridge Cemetery on State Hwy 94, in Warren Co., NJ. This homicide victim, between 14 and 18 years of age, is believed to have been deceased for up to one week before her discovery. Her hair was shoulder-length. Her weight was estimated between 100 to 120 lbs. Her eye color couldn't be determined.

    Clothing and Accessories:
    She was wearing a red V-neck shirt with yellow piping on the front portion of the shoulder and blue and black piping around the neck, sleeves and waist. She had a wrap around skirt colored red, white and blue with a border print of peacocks on the lower portion. She had a gold chain with white beads and a 14K gold cross with ornate design.

    The image shown in the linked poster is a computer-assisted facial reconstruction done by forensic artists at the NCMEC. The "DOB" and "Age" fields are approximations.

    At one time, a woman called NCMEC and said she was working at a local motel (near Blairstown) when the "Princess" checked in - about two nights before she was probably murdered. She did not recall the name, but did recall "Princess" was looking to be a hotel maid and said her father was dentist and that she was a runaway from FL. Dental charts of "Princess" were compared with those of Emma Vaughn, a missing girl from Orlando, Florida, but there was no match.

    ANYONE HAVING INFORMATION SHOULD CONTACT--
    Warren County Prosecutor's Office (New Jersey), Attn.: Sgt. Steve Speirs Jr. -1-908-475-6624

    Link
    http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...archLang=en_US
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 04-09-2013 at 10:09 PM.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Richard For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    orange county, ny
    Posts
    2,396

    Keeping her in mind...

    I thought that someone would have commented on this case, another of those that just boggle the mind....It is just so hard to understand that this girl has not been identifed. Her movements in the days and weeks before her death have been traced, and LE have even spoken to people in MD who had met her...
    If anyone is travelling through the Blairstown, NJ area, I recommend stopping by the memorial erected to this young lady...

    http://www.poconorecord.com/special/doe/doe1.htm for more info on the investigation

    I've even been wondering if there's a connection to the young lady found in Caledonia NYa couple of years earlier (this story has its own thread)....Simlar age, build, general description, both disposed of in similar ways...There's been a lot of speculation about the racing connection, and Blairstown is about 30 miles from Long Pond PA and the Pocono Raceway-and July is prime racing time.....

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shadowangel For This Useful Post:


  5. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    35
    This case has often been held up as a possible match to "Princess Doe":

    http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/129dfca.html

    I am not sure if any DNA comparisons were done, or if she was ruled out in any other way.

    Last edited by CarlK90245; 03-02-2012 at 03:03 PM. Reason: Fixed URL

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fronkensteen For This Useful Post:


  7. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,703
    I can see the similarities between the two (from the first post and the last post pictures). Did LE ever look into the possibility of the NJ body being the girl from CA?
    Just my opinion of course!!

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Rachael For This Useful Post:


  9. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachael
    I can see the similarities between the two (from the first post and the last post pictures). Did LE ever look into the possibility of the NJ body being the girl from CA?
    Thanks for your reply. It's been investigated, but I'm not sure if they were ever able to rule her out one way or the other.

  10. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,703
    Quote Originally Posted by Fronkensteen
    Thanks for your reply. I believe it's been investigated, but I'm not sure if they were ever able to rule her out one way or the other.

    It says they have dental records for the girl from CA. I would think there is someway to identify the body.
    Just my opinion of course!!

  11. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachael
    It says they have dental records for the girl from CA. I would think there is someway to identify the body.
    You're right. However, I believe the results of the dental comparisons were inconclusive, meaning they couldn't definitively prove whether Diane was or wasn't Princess Doe.

  12. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Northern US
    Posts
    1,220
    Quote Originally Posted by Fronkensteen
    You're right. However, I believe the results of the dental comparisons were inconclusive, meaning they couldn't definitively prove whether Diane was or wasn't Princess Doe.
    how odd,

    I also thought that a woman name Diane (different than this Diane) looked similar to the
    remains of the Jane Doe found in Caledonia NY.

    Could that just be a coincidence?

  13. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    orange county, ny
    Posts
    2,396

    Updates

    In '99, DNA testing was conducted on Princess Doe, attempting a match to Diane Dye-the results were "inconlcusive". At one time, it was thought that she may have been an early victim of Joel Rifkin, the serial killer of 17 prostitutes in NY. However, no connection could be established. There were also several unsolved murders along I-80 during that time frame, indicating the possibility of an as-yet unknown serial killer at work.

  14. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Chicago suburbs
    Posts
    299

    Princess Doe

    I'm thinking that given the age range for Princess Doe -- 14-18, she must've been in the latter half of that range. If she died in 82 and had been working since 79, that would make her 11 or 12 when she started work if she was 14 when she died. Highly unlikely unless she was an extremely mature child. When I was 12 I looked 16, but certainly didn't act it. My bet is that she was 17 or 18, just given the time span for working.

    Make sense?

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to HesterMofet For This Useful Post:


  16. #11
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    175
    I think I found a couple of the I 80 homocides you referred to---but do you have a list by chance? I would be interested to research further. If not that's ok I can continue to look....

    I've noticed several in Montmouth County also. Blunt force traumas that might be comparable to Princess Doe's. Do you know if the ones along I 80 were gunshots or blunt force---or other?


    Quote Originally Posted by shadowangel
    In '99, DNA testing was conducted on Princess Doe, attempting a match to Diane Dye-the results were "inconlcusive". At one time, it was thought that she may have been an early victim of Joel Rifkin, the serial killer of 17 prostitutes in NY. However, no connection could be established. There were also several unsolved murders along I-80 during that time frame, indicating the possibility of an as-yet unknown serial killer at work.

  17. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    orange county, ny
    Posts
    2,396
    Quote Originally Posted by Mullins
    I think I found a couple of the I 80 homocides you referred to---but do you have a list by chance? I would be interested to research further. If not that's ok I can continue to look....

    I've noticed several in Montmouth County also. Blunt force traumas that might be comparable to Princess Doe's. Do you know if the ones along I 80 were gunshots or blunt force---or other?
    Here are a few of the missing/unidentified's I found, there are more. I looked for possibles that were either located within a few miles of I-80 (NJ/PA) or missing from towns on I-80.
    1976-white female found under I-80, White Haven PA strangled, shot in neck, dismembered and remains placed in suitcases
    1978-Joanne Williams, missing from Scranton PA-car found on street near I-380, an I-80 to I-81 connector
    1982-"Princess Doe", found in Blairstown NJ
    1990-partial skeleton of 20-30 year old white female found in Wayne NJ, believed deceased in 1985
    1990-15-22 year old white female found, Monroe PA, blunt force trauma
    1991-"Tiger Lady", so named for tiger tatoo on leg, found Warren City NJ
    1992-remains of 30-40 year old white female found dismembered, bagged and in suitcase, in Hackensack NJ
    2002-remains of white female, 22-32 years old, found in Denville NJ
    2004-Sherry Gallagher, 40 years old, missing from Wharton, NJ
    2005-Marrissa Schiffert, 17, missing from Dumont NJ

    I-80 connects with I-95, the "East Coast Highway", near Ft Lee NJ (just across the Hudson from NYC). It then travels west, crossing PA.

  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shadowangel For This Useful Post:


  19. #13
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    175

    Thanks

    This will be helpful thanks so much


    Quote Originally Posted by shadowangel
    Here are a few of the missing/unidentified's I found, there are more. I looked for possibles that were either located within a few miles of I-80 (NJ/PA) or missing from towns on I-80.
    1976-white female found under I-80, White Haven PA strangled, shot in neck, dismembered and remains placed in suitcases
    1978-Joanne Williams, missing from Scranton PA-car found on street near I-380, an I-80 to I-81 connector
    1982-"Princess Doe", found in Blairstown NJ
    1990-partial skeleton of 20-30 year old white female found in Wayne NJ, believed deceased in 1985
    1990-15-22 year old white female found, Monroe PA, blunt force trauma
    1991-"Tiger Lady", so named for tiger tatoo on leg, found Warren City NJ
    1992-remains of 30-40 year old white female found dismembered, bagged and in suitcase, in Hackensack NJ
    2002-remains of white female, 22-32 years old, found in Denville NJ
    2004-Sherry Gallagher, 40 years old, missing from Wharton, NJ
    2005-Marrissa Schiffert, 17, missing from Dumont NJ

    I-80 connects with I-95, the "East Coast Highway", near Ft Lee NJ (just across the Hudson from NYC). It then travels west, crossing PA.

  20. #14
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    175

    Cool Longshot

    I think so too and it looks like her manager/supervisor from Harrison Hall at Ocean City could have given some more details about that. I wonder if they did...I started a thread a while back on two girls that were missing runaways from Nashville TN (Shannon Elmore and Tanya Rogers) and the picture I have of Shannon from the newspaper looks so much like the computer generated composite of Princess Doe. I know it's a longshot but I would love to go back and research further --- haven't made it back to the TN Library and Archives though.


    Quote Originally Posted by HesterMofet
    I'm thinking that given the age range for Princess Doe -- 14-18, she must've been in the latter half of that range. If she died in 82 and had been working since 79, that would make her 11 or 12 when she started work if she was 14 when she died. Highly unlikely unless she was an extremely mature child. When I was 12 I looked 16, but certainly didn't act it. My bet is that she was 17 or 18, just given the time span for working.

    Make sense?

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to Mullins For This Useful Post:


  22. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    New england
    Posts
    3,287
    they said the dentals were inconclusive do they have dna on the california girl? that they could match up to princess doe?

  23. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    86
    On a website it says that just the top half Princess Doe was found. Anyone know if thats right? I didn't think it was.

  24. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    orange county, ny
    Posts
    2,396
    I know the site you're talking about, the site took some freedom with the facts (the statement about only half of her being found was based on the reconstruction of Princess Doe,from the waist up). It also confused Princess Doe with another unidentified female found nearby, confirmed to be a victim of Joel Rifkin (the victim's head was found in a bucket on a golf course, her lower torso found nearby some time later). Known only as "Susie", she is believed to be a prostitute from NYC. Her identity is still unknown.

  25. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    86
    It also confused Princess Doe with another unidentified female found nearby, confirmed to be a victim of Joel Rifkin (the victim's head was found in a bucket on a golf course, her lower torso found nearby some time later). Known only as "Susie", she is believed to be a prostitute from NYC. Her identity is still unknown.

    Was "Susie" the one who was supposed to have had AIDS? Or did I read that wrong?

  26. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    orange county, ny
    Posts
    2,396
    "Was "Susie" the one who was supposed to have had AIDS? Or did I read that wrong?"

    Yes, "Susie" was HIV positive.

  27. #20
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    175
    Which do you believe is the more accurate pictorial account of Princess Doe, the bust or the computer generated composite? I feel the latter, but appreciate the efforts put into constructing the bust. The bust does look like the image of someone who would've been older than the range of Princess Doe too IMO. What do you think?
    Last edited by Mullins; 07-20-2005 at 09:46 AM.

  28. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    86

    Autopsy?

    Were investigators able to find out if " Princess doe" had been sexually assualted or anything in that nature? Actually if they were able to determine if she had been sexually active full stop may be able to rule out her having been a prostitute, as had been speculated.

  29. #22
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    175
    I don't know if they collected evidence such as a rape kit, but I would say that they did due to the fact that she was found partially clothed. It would be helpful to know if LE suspected or determined sexual assault.

  30. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    orange county, ny
    Posts
    2,396
    I'm just curious...Has Leah Van Schoick ever been looked at as a possible match to Princess Doe? She was reported as having last been seen in August of '82, however she was reported to have been living with a biker, so the accuracy of the information may be suspect. The age and general appearance is correct...and her family is from New Jersey. A possible scenario...she leaves the boyfriend to return home (or is working her way home, or simply wants to hide in familiar surroundings), and he catches up to her...this would explain the savagery of the beating which killed her.

    The MD information has never been confirmed, and members of LE disagree as to whether or not Princess Doe was ever there.

    Here is her Charley Project page:
    http://charleyproject.org/cases/v/vanschoick_leah.html

    Just thinking out loud.

  31. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    269
    It looks really good, but the time does not match up.

  32. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    orange county, ny
    Posts
    2,396
    Yeah, I know, this was a long-shot...I came across Schoick while checking out something entirely different. Not just the appearance, but the fact that she is originally from NJ caught my eye. There is just so little reported in the Schoick case, but from what little I can find I don't think she was in close contact with her family (17 and living in FL with a biker?) Could be, in my scenario, the boyfriend kills her in NJ in July, returns to FL, and a few weeks later starts asking around about her...I don't think she was hanging with a politically correct crowd.

Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The Doe Network, Part 4: Who is Princess Blue?
    By christine2448 in forum Princess Blue
    Replies: 127
    Last Post: 06-06-2014, 11:14 AM
  2. MS-Baby little Jane Doe 1982
    By Ms Suzanne in forum MySpace & Facebook for the Missing
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-23-2009, 07:00 PM
  3. The Doe Network, Part 3: Who is Princess Blue?
    By LionRun in forum Princess Blue
    Replies: 472
    Last Post: 01-12-2008, 03:05 PM
  4. The Doe Network, Part 2: Who is Princess Blue?
    By LionRun in forum Princess Blue
    Replies: 579
    Last Post: 06-09-2007, 02:44 AM
  5. The Doe Network: Part 1: Who is Princess Blue?
    By teonspaleprincess in forum Princess Blue
    Replies: 572
    Last Post: 04-19-2007, 10:37 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •