900 users online (139 members and 761 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

What will you do when this trial is OVER!?

(I hope my question is appropriate for the main page, but whatever the mods decide is fine with me, of course).

It's Sunday and I am hopelessly hooked on the trial and looking forward to tomorrow so I can get up at 5:30 am (west coast) and get back to Casey Anthony trial watching. I haven't gotten up early for anything in years!

I watched the OJ Simpson trial in 1995. I was ailing in those days and self employed so I was able to recline in a lovely leather recliner to watch nearly the entire thing. When the verdict came in I was stunned. I swore off trials all together and I never watched another trial after that (until now).

I happened onto Websleuths long after Casey was arrested. I saw one jailhouse visit tape (the one where she got mad) and I was immediately HOOKED. I had to go backward to try to catch up (and everyone at WS helped me tons).

I love this trial! All my friends and family know it. They always ask me, what will you do when this trial is over? I know when the trial is over I will MISS IT! I believe I can say with a certain authority, however, I won't watch another. I just doubt seriously that there will be anything remotely this interesting come up. Well, perhaps I would watch Casey Anthony's appeal trial, but I'm uncertain. For me, I will probably go back to doing all the things I did before the trial.

What about you? Are you a seasoned trial watcher who will watch other trials for sure, or is this a one shot deal for you?
    Last edited by affinity; 06-19-2011 at 12:33 PM.
    "If you want happiness for an hour ? take a nap.
    If you want happiness for a day ? go fishing.
    If you want happiness for a year ? inherit a fortune.
    If you want happiness for a lifetime ? help someone else."
    Chinese Proverb

Hopefully I will go back to my normal life. Hahahaha! I have become obsessed and it's really starting to annoy my friends and family.

I feel like I might go through some sort of withdrawal, thats for sure..
    All comments are my opinion or observations only.

There are other cases...
    I think I will be relieved when it is over. Casey Anthony isnīt really a pleasant person to spend your days with! But for some reason, I am hooked, much like the rest of you here.

I am going to lose all of the weight I have packed on over the past three years. I have spent all of my spare time on here instead of exercising.

Unfortunately, for me there is not a shortage of interesting cases... so after this trial is over I will probably continue to read about, consider my opinions, and possibly even watch the trials in other cases. The Peterson, Cummings(sp?), and Horman cases are what I suspect will be most interesting to me after this one is over.

"Everything should be as simple as it is, but not simpler".

Albert Einstein

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated”.

Mahatma Gandhi

My cats miss my attention and miss me playing with them....that's one thing for sure.

Since I believe this will finish around the 4th I will celebrate. The fireworks are for Caylee.

Quote Originally Posted by SATA View Post
    There are other cases...
    I think I will be relieved when it is over. Casey Anthony isnīt really a pleasant person to spend your days with! But for some reason, I am hooked, much like the rest of you here.
    True but, I think the reason being is because we all want justice! I think it's her demeanor that makes everyone so determined with making sure she pays for the crime she committed against little Caylee! I'm sure there's gonna be another crime similar to this one that'll pull all of us together once again, sad but true! Maybe we can all jump on the Haleigh Cummings mystery & figure out that one....
    "This ain't my first rodeo, Mr. Baez"

Where will Casey be when lightening strikes the third time....hmmm?

I consider myself a true crime junkie, but I'm self employed, a wife, mom & caregiver of a elderly relative who has Alzheimer's Disease.. so I don't usually have much extra time to watch trials, but this case caught my attention from the moment it was reported here locally (I'm very close to Orlando) & I have been somewhat obsessed with it ever since. I don't get to watch as much of the proceedings as I would like, but I try to catch up here every day or night if possible. I don't think this will be a one shot deal for me as I am sure other trials will catch my attention & interest. For me, that will probably never change.

It can be said with certainty that KC will miss it when it is ovah too!
    "If you want happiness for an hour ? take a nap.
    If you want happiness for a day ? go fishing.
    If you want happiness for a year ? inherit a fortune.
    If you want happiness for a lifetime ? help someone else."
    Chinese Proverb

Read the transcripts of the sidebars. Can't wait!

I don't know. If there are other interesting cases, I'll probably stick around. Better than visiting fashion blogs all day, lol. BUT OH YEAH, I'd probably go outside more. LOL.

"Unfortunately" I am going away on vacation on the 27th of June until the third of July - I will miss a lot. That drives me nuts....

Quote Originally Posted by Aqua_Green_Bean View Post
    Read the transcripts of the sidebars. Can't wait!
    This!

And probably spend more time outdoors. Right now I have the complexion of a vampire.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast