Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011.06.21 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-four)

Good morning! My dh is on a business trip, so I'm enjoying guilt-free non-stop trial coverage

As much as I despise JB I really don't think I could stand listening to Mason for the rest of the trial. I can only take him in real small doses. Like, 5 minutes or less.

Quote Originally Posted by STEADFAST View Post
    I'm just going to put it out there that I suspect the strange goings on yesterday re Casey might mean that Baez is being removed from the case, maybe with CM taking over. Does anyone else think that's possible?

3. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to CementPond For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by STEADFAST View Post
    I'm just going to put it out there that I suspect the strange goings on yesterday re Casey might mean that Baez is being removed from the case, maybe with CM taking over. Does anyone else think that's possible?
    Check this out...

Some legal experts said Judge Perry bears some of the blame because he has allowed Baez, an inexperienced attorney, to keep pushing the case forward despite the fact that, on paper, Cheney Mason, who is qualified to try capital cases, is the lead attorney.

"He does it on paper, but he's not doing it in the courtroom, and that is what's important, who is the lead attorney in the courtroom, and that's why I fault Judge Perry. I think he should not be yelling at Jose Baez but yelling at Cheney Mason, because at the end of the day, Cheney Mason is one who will be cited as lead attorney on appeal," attorney Richard Hornsby said.

http://www.wesh.com/casey-anthony-ex...06/detail.html
    See, the problem is that God gave man a brain and a p*nis
    and only enough blood to run one of them at a time..

5. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to nachomama For This Useful Post:

Insomnia Momma is offline If not supported by a link it's just what I think!
    Morning all

I'm going a little nutso here, we have a trial going on locally for a man that killed 3 police officers and it's so sad. I was actually a little relieved when court was cut short for ICA yesterday so I could follow the first day of this trial. http://www.wtae.com/news/28273970/detail.html

Thanks for the yummy breakfast!
    Caylee - WE will NEVER forget. Neither will Karma.

7. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Insomnia Momma For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Pita View Post
    Someone posted this article in last nights thread, it is to good to pass up.
    I promise you will love it.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Dear-Mr-Jose...-Casey-Anthony
    This was a great read for the start of the morning, thanks.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to QueenD For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CementPond View Post
    As much as I despise JB I really don't think I could stand listening to Mason for the rest of the trial. I can only take him in real small doses. Like, 5 minutes or less.
    I love his accent but he takes to long so I agree.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The Farm For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by lorann View Post
    I guess we will know in about 30 minutes...
    Guess so. At this point, I can't even venture a guess. If HHJP himself tried to get himself excused on some wacky medical leave thing, it wouldn't surprise me.

HHJP: Hi, Stan. Do you think if I tell everyone I have Ebola virus, I can get out of this thing?

Stan: It's worth a shot, Buddy.

People seldom do what they believe in. They do what is convenient, then repent. ~Bob Dylan

13. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Mountain_Kat For This Useful Post:

Good morning (afternoon where I am) - will be interesting to see what happens today!!

15. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to SATA For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CN2Souls View Post
    Good Morning Everyone,

For all of us dieters out there....

I still have 100 lbs to go in order to fix into my FAT clothes...

if you want company, we have a lovely thread in the jury room for support while we're losing! it was a busier thread before trial started but some of us are still going

17. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to 2goldfish For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CementPond View Post
    I can't listen to Mason at all because he mumbles so badly that I can't understand what he says.
    This is just my opinion.

I have ZERO tolerance for animal abusers. I report them.

19. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Mohabi For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by The Farm View Post
    I love his accent but he takes to long so I agree.
    I'm still wondering what purpose he serves. I have never understood why he played backup to JB instead of the other way around. Is KC so blinded by her crush on JB that she can't see him floundering really badly?

But you could put it in different terms and say she has loyalty.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PaperTigers For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain_Kat View Post
    Guess so. At this point, I can't even venture a guess. If HHJP himself tried to get himself excused on some wacky medical leave thing, it wouldn't surprise me.

HHJP: Hi, Stan. Do you think if I tell everyone I have Ebola virus, I can get out of this thing?

Stan: It's worth a shot, Buddy.

Many a true word spoken in jest, as they say. Interesting you would speculate thus, because at one point after the short-lived Day 23 had concluded, I suddenly found myself wondering about the judge's health and the impact upon it of this trial - then from there, I wondered what would result if anything untoward should happen to the judge

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to laserdisc10 For This Useful Post:

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    I would like some lox, onions, and sliced tomatoes with my bagel and cream cheese, please.

25. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BetteDavisEyes For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTigers View Post
    I'm still wondering what purpose he serves. I have never understood why he played backup to JB instead of the other way around. Is KC so blinded by her crush on JB that she can't see him floundering really badly?

I've never understood that either. For all his obnoxiousness and momentary lapses of reason, CM is still a pretty good attorney.

What's the lady attorney like? Any good? How come we never see HER up there? She CAN'T possibly be worse than Baez.
    People seldom do what they believe in. They do what is convenient, then repent. ~Bob Dylan

27. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mountain_Kat For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by laserdisc10 View Post
    Many a true word spoken in jest, as they say. Interesting you would speculate thus, because at one point after the short-lived Day 23 had concluded, I suddenly found myself wondering about the judge's health and the impact upon it of this trial - then from there, I wondered what would result if anything untoward should happen to the judge
    Does he have health issues for real?

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Mountain_Kat For This Useful Post:

Good Morning, I hope they can stay on schedule today. I so need to slip in a mani/pedi during lunch recess. I cant have my DH thinking the trial has me obsessed.

31. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cricketann For This Useful Post:

I've never understood that either. For all his obnoxiousness and momentary lapses of reason, CM is still a pretty good attorney.

What's the lady attorney like? Any good? How come we never see HER up there? She CAN'T possibly be worse than Baez.
    I thought D.Simms (the lady attorney) was supposedly on the team due to her forensics area of specialty. I expected to see her doing the majority of the questioning to those types of witnesses. Guess I was mistaken.

33. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Talina For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by 2goldfish View Post
    if you want company, we have a lovely thread in the jury room for support while we're losing! it was a busier thread before trial started but some of us are still going

O/T Thank you... I need all the support I can Get... Almost threw my scale out the bathroom window this morning... LOL

On Topic: ICA sure looked worried when she read those papers JB threw on the table during that last break...
    “These comments are my own personal opinions only and do not necessarily reflect the positions or opinions of others, W.S. or their affiliates. My posts are not to hurt or cause damage to anyone. They are merely something to ponder. All comments are based upon the current information that I know in this case and my own personal experiences. I am not posting as a professional posters and/or a verified locals/insiders* . You should conduct independent research to verify the validity of any statements made in this post before basing any decisions upon those statements. In addition, any views or opinions expressed by posters who quote my post to this thread are theirs and not mind, and I respect that."

35. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CN2Souls For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by mombomb View Post
    Good morning all! Happy first day of summer!

I'm having trouble adjusting my schedule to the 8:30 start time. Have to hustle to get the stuff done that makes it look like I've done something all day.
    <Snipped> I find if you move a couple of pieces of furniture around, it will appear you have been very busy all day. HTH

37. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Phoebeb For This Useful Post:

Does he have health issues for real?
    Hope not, or if so, then hope it's nothing to be concerned about. Somewhere, I read he suffers from hypertension, but I don't know if that's correct. Restraint in face of deliberate and sustained provocation doesn't come without cost, though, even for those in perfect health

39. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to laserdisc10 For This Useful Post:

Good Morning Everyone,

I will be skipping the lovely breakfasts that have been provided because my stomach is still in "knots" from yesterday.

I am soooooooooo tired of the "shenanigans" of the DT and Company ...

Justice for Caylee !

41. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to dog.gone.cute For This Useful Post:

Good morning, Caylee suppporters. I can hardly wait to see what twists and turns are in store for us today.

43. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to suzihawk For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTigers View Post

It really is odd. I was reading the deposition of Tony Lazzarro's roommate the other day, and a little while into it, CM says something like, "I can't take this anymore," and leaves the room. He also hadn't asked any questions or participated in any way. Wonder why he was there in the first place.

45. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to STEADFAST For This Useful Post:

On top of the beautiful Appalachian Mountains.
    Good morning all! Links in my siggy and I am so thankful to be able to spend this day with you guys~
    Don't murder in Kentucky! My thread here.

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthr...n+lisa+tackett

A proud happy people, we were here long before the white man came. Stalking along meadow paths, we were used to hunting every day. The rivers gave us fish, The woods even gave us deer and other wild game. Here upon this land, we built our homes, and raised our families. Love was free and natural, as we moved swiftly among the trees. This was a country, It was here that we lived for centuries. Oh I want peace with my soul again. Oh I, I want peace with my soul again. Everyday was new love,. Our village was filled with smiling faces.

All credit from the quote above, goes to Tom Bee, and XIT! The first Rock Native American band.

Thank you Tom!!

47. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Tulessa For This Useful Post:

Florida...yeah, that's right...FLOR-i-DUH
    Quote Originally Posted by BetteDavisEyes View Post
    I would like some lox, onions, and sliced tomatoes with my bagel and cream cheese, please.
    We speak the same language...that is what you call good eatin'!

Looks like someone threw some avocado in there...that's overkill, I think.
    Oh well...different strokes for different folks
    Anyone else care for a nosh??
    Caylee Marie Anthony Travis Alexander: Never forgotten

49. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jane the dood For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast