2011.06.24 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-seven)

Status
Not open for further replies.

beach

Verified Expert
Reaction score
breakfastbuffett2.jpg

http://www.apartments-prague.biz/img...t%20buffet.jpg

We have a lovely breakfast.

I wanted to leave this place for all of us to visit, even if in our minds-as we may continue to struggle with some very difficult things once again today.

2qbu3v9.jpg

Hello everyone. I'm a new member! I've been following this case since the very beginning and have been a serious lurker on here for the same number of years! I watched Cindy's testimony yesterday and was utterly shocked and dismayed. I immediately signed up to be a member because I cannot do this alone. I would like to offer and receive prayers/support as we are in the latter stages of the trial. The miserable attempts by the defense team and the Anthony family to destroy innocent people in order to save their sociopathic daughter are simply draining. I can barely think about my life outside of this case. I've invested too much and desperately want Justice for our precious angel Caylee.

I hope that Cindy's testimony, in some Divine way, actually helps the State by allowing the jury to see just how dysfunctional and destructive this family is. They will not think twice about breaking every law there is to achieve their twisted and morally bankrupt goals. I pray and hope that the same Divine Grace that led Caylee's little remains to be found, the same Grace that led one of the best judges in the world to become part of this case, the same Grace that has provided us with some of the best prosecutors in this world will also ensure that Caylee Marie Anthony will have justice in a few weeks and that all of us, who have invested so much in this case, will finally get much-needed closure.

My prayers and support to each and every one of you.

I want to bake, clean, read and get some exercise before today's events later. Will be here for the entire day!

Rose.

Hello everyone. I'm a new member! I've been following this case since the very beginning and have been a serious lurker on here for the same number of years! I watched Cindy's testimony yesterday and was utterly shocked and dismayed. I immediately signed up to be a member because I cannot do this alone. I would like to offer and receive prayers/support as we are in the latter stages of the trial. The miserable attempts by the defense team and the Anthony family to destroy innocent people in order to save their sociopathic daughter are simply draining. I can barely think about my life outside of this case. I've invested too much and desperately want Justice for our precious angel Caylee.

I hope that Cindy's testimony, in some Divine way, actually helps the State by allowing the jury to see just how dysfunctional and destructive this family is. They will not think twice about breaking every law there is to achieve their twisted and morally bankrupt goals. I pray and hope that the same Divine Grace that led Caylee's little remains to be found, the same Grace that led one of the best judges in the world to become part of this case, the same Grace that has provided us with some of the best prosecutors in this world will also ensure that Caylee Marie Anthony will have justice in a few weeks and that all of us, who have invested so much in this case, will finally get much-needed closure.

I want to bake, clean, read and get some exercise before today's events later. Will be here for the entire day!

Rose.

What a beatuiful and inspirational first post.
Welcome, Rose.

Went to bed angry. Got up angry. Took a long shower and calmed down and voila, I can think clearly again. All this technical stuff, is interesting to listen to but in the end it will all come down to this: accident or murder. Jose Baez theory that a cop thought it would make more sense to dump a body than report an accident just won't fly with the jury. They'll convict. There are parents/grandparents on that jury, they'll ask themselves would a mother and/or grandfather really throw away a child like trash if there was nothing criminal to hide?

I hope that Cindy's testimony, in some Divine way, actually helps the State by allowing the jury to see just how dysfunctional and destructive this family is. They will not think twice about breaking every law there is to achieve their twisted and morally bankrupt goals. I pray and hope that the same Divine
Grace that led Caylee's little remains to be found, the same Grace that led one of the best judges in the world to become part of this case, the same Grace that has provided us with some of the best prosecutors in this world will also ensure that Caylee Marie Anthony will have justice in a few weeks and that all of us, who have invested so much in this case, will finally get much-needed
closure.

I want to bake, clean, read and get some exercise before today's events later.
Will be here for the entire day!

Rose.

Thank you Rose and welcome. You captured my prayers perfectly.

morning yall :loveyou:

it should be a great day in court, I know it cause I will miss some as I have a tattoo laser appt today :( boo.

Good morning.

Several people asked me what my thoughts were regarding CA's testimony yesterday. I didn't have a response then because, honestly, I was floored and didn't know what to think. I've given it ALOT of thought during the night, and here are a few things that I find puzzling with respect to her testimony:

1). It doesn't make sense to me that someone trying to find information on dogs becoming sick from eating bamboo would type "chlorophyl" into their search engine. Wouldn't you type in "bamboo poisonous to dogs" or "poisonous plants to dogs" or something of that nature? And I think if CA had done a search for those things, JB would have certainly capitalized on that. Yet, he didn't...so that tells me CA didn't search for anything specifically related to dog poisoning. If she DID do these searches, my guess is that it had nothing what so ever to do with her dogs.

2). CA work records show her as being at work that day. Could she have skipped out while still punched in? I think she could have. Did she? I don't know.

3). CA claims that she did the searches for acetone, alcohol, and peroxide, because she wanted to know what things might be dangerous to Caylee. CA is a nurse...she already KNEW perfectly well that those chemicals are poisonous to children. Even I know that, and I have zero medical training.

4). CA has already told us, through testimony, that she didn't have myspace or facebook at the time those searches were done. In fact, she's told us that when she did finally get myspace, she didn't even know that it was a public space. She didn't realize everyone could see it. So how does CA search the Myspace account she doesn't have, 7seconds later search chloroform, and seconds later check her FB (which she also doesn't have)?

5). The web history on "how to make chloroform" was deleted. Why would CA go to the bother of deleting ONLY this innocent websearch, done because she feared her dogs were eating poisonous plants? I don't believe she would. Yet SOMEONE did.

I have to conclude that CA is lying about something here. Either she searched chloroform and it's ingredients because she was afraid ICA was using chloroform on Caylee (still a lie, since she tells us she was doing dog poisoning research), or she never did these searches at all. Now, CA tells us that she didn't hand type "how to make chloroform" into the search engine, nor did she visit that site 84 times. But SOMEONE did. Kind of a stretch to think both CA and someone else in the home were both doing innocent searches on the subject of chloroform, isn't it?

So,my conclusion is that CA is lying. I don't know the extent to which she's lying, but I do think she's lying about something here. That leaves me with no choice but to disregard her testimony on the searches altogether. A mother trying to save her daughter from being put to death might well say anything to spare her daughter's life. I don't think I can consider CA's testimony about these searches reliable.

JMO

Welcome Rose 222.:welcome:

Thankyou for offering up those prayers that are very much needed.
Prayers are affective and calming and I am sure I am not the only one with a variety of emotions surfacing as of the events of yesterday.

Good morning.

Several people asked me what my thoughts were regarding CA's testimony yesterday. I didn't have a response then because, honestly, I was floored and didn't know what to think. I've given it ALOT of thought during the night, and here are a few things that I find puzzling with respect to her testimony:

snipped for brevity

ITA with you about thinking of it through the night, I am not a mock juror like you but as the evening went on I thought of more and more pesky facts that got in the way of what CA said. the real jurors prolly went through something verrrryyyy similar.

Good Morning!:coffee:

Wow, we get a buffet breakfast this morning! We'll need the energy especially if River Cruz, Roy Kronk and George Anthony take the stand.

Hold on tight folks. We'll be in for some bumpy rides. :rollercoaster:

Wonder who the witness(es) will be today. New day, new task.

I dreamed last night that the trial was over, we were all light and happy. Don't know what happened but it was over. I woke up disturbed that I dreamed about this again, dreading another day possibly wasted on one expert that is not qualified to speak on the subject, and wondering why I continue to watch. :crazy:

Think I'll help myself to some of that yummy breakfast Beach set up.

snipped for brevity

ITA with you about thinking of it through the night, I am not a mock juror like you but as the evening went on I thought of more and more pesky facts that got in the way of what CA said. the real jurors prolly went through something verrrryyyy similar.

I'm sure they did. :)

Another thing that bothered me about CA testimony was the fact that she stated she didn't do a search for "neckbreaking", but she did recall seeing a pop up vid of skateboarders entitled "neck breaking feats". I've done many searches on many things, I've even gotten pop ups during those searches. But I couldn't tell you what came up in a pop up last month, much less 3 years later. And certainly not in such great detail. The big tip off to me, when someone is lying about something, is the irrelevant, minute details they include in what they are saying. CA could have simply said, "There was a skateboarding vid called 'neck breaking feats' ". That's not what she said though. She went into GREAT detail about how the skateboarders were riding those rails things...turnstiles type things, she said...really? That's a butt load of irrelevant detail there, Cindy. Why would you think the jury (or me!) would need to know that? Possibly to lend credence to your story? Such detail. Such an incredible memory.

Nope. Not buying it.

Welcome to Rose.

I didn't sleep well either due to CAs testimony yesterday and am up at 3am!

However, I hope the jury, like myself, realizes that her testimony was a lie. If you think logically how could it be true or sway the jury?

Who remembers their trunk had a stain in it when they bought their car over 10 years ago? Also, prosecutors and LE have been talking about this stain for 3 years but CA never mentioned it has been there since 2000 when they bought the car.

Also, the jury would have to realize that if you were searching the internet because your dog was ill from something in your back yard you would search illness in dogs from bamboo leaves (or whatever out back you think could cause the illness), not chloroform or chlorophyll. That makes no sense at all. The jury would have to see that. Some of them must be smart enough to see that what she said yesterday made no sense not to mention there are other searches going on at the same time she claims she didn't make, that she looked like she was lying on the stand and was very shaky in her testimony, that someone was searching facebook and myspace when she didn't even have one then and she was suppose to be at work that day and there is no proof she wasn't.

However, I do not think Linda Burdick did a good cross on her and didn't bring any of these issues out and now its too late. The jury is left with this picture until the state's rebuttal. I think Baez is going to put forth even worse garbage in the next couple of days also so be prepared!!

Oh yeah! That you tube video popup. There are no popups at you tube. I hope some of the jurors know that and say something! And who would remember a popup they saw 3 years ago??? I don't remember any I saw a few days ago! CA lies just like KC. 2 peas in a pod and mom taught her daughter well.

Despite what she did yesterday I still feel terribly sorry for this woman. She is just doing now what she has done all along, whatever she thinks she has to in trying to save her daughter from the death penalty. I think she is genuinely conflicted and I don’t believe her breakdown on the stand earlier in the trial was faked or exaggerated. For the first time, in ANY of the Anthonys, since this whole sorry case began I saw real, desperate gut-wracking pain and emotion that day and it tore me up inside, I’m sure it did the jury too. I think they will see the difference between that heartfelt sincere emotional reaction and the testimony she gave yesterday. She was lying but I think the jury will have realized that, they will sympathise with her and they will know WHY she is trying to muddy the waters but I doubt they will allow it to affect their deliberations. I think the SAs would be wise to let it lie, nothing she said negates everything they have laid out so far and if they go after her hard now it may rebound on them. They should do what they can to rebut her testimony via other witnesses and evidence and not give her the opportunity to dig her heels in even further, or worse, perhaps cause her to have such an outburst on the stand it causes a mistrial. MOO.

If CA is telling the truth about these searches (which I don't believe she is), and if she's telling the truth about the stain in the trunk (which I also don't think she is), wouldn't she have jumped at the chance to tell LE all these things PRIOR to yesterday? While I don't know what she said in her deposition, I can tell from LDB's reactions yesterday, that this all came as a complete surprise to HER. Why is that, I wonder? Could it be that this is something CA and JB just thought up? I think it's a definite possibility. And, since we know that CA, GA and JB were spotting talking in the hallway the other day...and since it's quite a coincidence that Lippman made his statement about the A's not thinking their daughter is innocent, and just wanting the truth, the VERY day CA testifies that SHE did the computer searches for chloroform...well, let's just say I'm sceptical.

Despite what she did yesterday I still feel terribly sorry for this woman. She is just doing now what she has done all along, whatever she thinks she has to in trying to save her daughter from the death penalty. I think she is genuinely conflicted and I don’t believe her breakdown on the stand earlier in the trial was faked or exaggerated. For the first time, in ANY of the Anthonys, since this whole sorry case began I saw real, desperate gut-wracking pain and emotion that day and it tore me up inside, I’m sure it did the jury too. I think they will see the difference between that heartfelt sincere emotional reaction and the testimony she gave yesterday. She was lying but I think the jury will have realized that, they will sympathise with her and they will know WHY she is trying to muddy the waters but I doubt they will allow it to affect their deliberations. I think the SAs would be wise to let it lie, nothing she said negates everything they have laid out so far and if they go after her hard now it may rebound on them. They should do what they can to rebut her testimony via other witnesses and evidence and not give her the opportunity to dig her heels in even further, or worse, perhaps cause her to have such an outburst on the stand it causes a mistrial. MOO.

So you think it's ok to lie on the stand? Trying to understand why you think the Anthonys are above the law.

See!? After a good night sleep we're all seeing through her testimony! Hopefully there's a couple of clear-thinkers with exceptional powers of persuasion on that jury. A nurse googling for possible dangerous chemicals. (SCOFF!) Who deletes only the how-to-make-chloroform-search. Hmph. Yeah, right lady.

Didn't CA say that she searched this stuff before? Was any of yesterday's testimony in any depos or "recorded" interviews with LE?

If so she was stuck with that, she did not need to embellish, but she was stuck.

I thought I had a revelation last night, if you can remember how to think like a teenager, you can figure CA and KC's processes out. Not so sure that works now that I am wide awake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth