Page 1 of 134 123456789101151101 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011.06.25 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-eight)

2011.06.25 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-eight)

Never interrupt your opponent when they are making a mistake.

You can tell in this video at 4:45 just after a long side bar AND when Casey and Lee start crying at the same time Jose asks over and over to JA objections
    "were there any other reasons you didn't go to the hospital"... Jose askes this 3 times.. then walks over to the other defense team... THIS IS WHEN LEE WAS SUPPOSE TO SAY THERE WAS SEXUAL ABUSE...
    http://www.youtube.com/user/1947Sier.../3/TGmYM7sU84I

SO that's why Lee was crying so much, that's when Jose wanted him to mention sexual abuse.
    I got this info from this video that was posted earlier http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osvTl...ature=youtu.be

Quote Originally Posted by larryphx View Post
    You can tell in this video at 4:45 just after a long side bar AND when Casey and Lee start crying at the same time Jose asks over and over to JA objections
    "were there any other reasons you didn't go to the hospital"... Jose askes this 3 times.. then walks over to the other defense team... THIS IS WHEN LEE WAS SUPPOSE TO SAY THERE WAS SEXUAL ABUSE...

SO that's why Lee was crying so much, that's when Jose wanted him to mention sexual abuse.
    I got this info from this video that was posted earlier http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osvTl...ature=youtu.be
    I agree 100% with these two attorneys. The Anthony's are not done yet and ICA WILL walk. LA was very conflicted and just could not pull the trigger. However, CA will put the hammer on him and he WILL do what she tells him to do. Meanwhile, GA is still searching for his gonads.

PS. It is refreshing to hear two calm, objective lawyers analyzing the testimony as compared to the sensational nonsense on HLN.

Hey Guys,

I'm from Belgium where they sell those delicious waffles, so I'll bring y'all one !!

Hope we are going to see some fireworks today...cheering for SA offcourse

what does Casey having been "molested" have anything to do with she murdered her baby or not? It makes no sense to me. I think a majority of criminals were "victims" of abuse at some point in their lives. Doesn't stop the jury from finding them guilty.

As to the theory that Caylee drowned and that Casey was too scared of her abusive father to admit the truth...that makes no sense to a REASONABLE person.

Good morning, thanks for breakfast!! I'm still trying to read up on all of yesterday's testimony before today's session. I am hoping for a good day for Caylee!
    This is just my opinion.

I have ZERO tolerance for animal abusers. I report them.

7. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Mohabi For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by artbuc View Post
    I agree 100% with these two attorneys. The Anthony's are not done yet and ICA WILL walk. LA was very conflicted and just could not pull the trigger. However, CA will put the hammer on him and he WILL do what she tells him to do. Meanwhile, GA is still searching for his gonads.

PS. It is refreshing to hear two calm, objective lawyers analyzing the testimony as compared to the sensational nonsense on HLN.

I can't see how anything the Anthony's can fabricate and say on the stand will erase the 31 days, the duct tape and/or the smell in the car. Not to mention the chloroform for those jurors that are convinced by that testimony.

Right now they are grasping at straws and trying to "explain" her actions during the 31 days but I honestly don't think that will pass the "smell test" (pardon the pun, none intended) once the jury gets into the deliberation room particularly after just having had the whole prosecution just refreshed by the closing statement. IMO
    Unless I've provided a link, everything I say is IMO

I have some faith the jury is seeing through this parade of family values.

I also think the DT is going to get more and more aggressive and absurd.

Like this stuff against Ashton? Yikes. imo, things are going to get worse and worse if there is only a week left.

Poor HHJP.
    My opinion only, please keep it that way

10. The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to Fluffy Puppy For This Useful Post:

Well, if the Anthony's performance on the stand means KC will walk, then the prosecution's case is extremely weak, and a waste of tax dollars. But I don't believe for a minute she'll walk.

Quote Originally Posted by larryphx View Post

Well, either that or he was that upset over not being invited to a baby shower.

It was odd, I agree, something was up there. But yeah, and seeing that after this when Baez walked over to confer with Mason before saying "no more questions", I agree something didn't happen.

13. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Fluffy Puppy For This Useful Post:

Yesterday one of the local news stations reported they would be looking for the transcript of that sidebar. That would be interesting to see.

Good Saturday morning everyone.

Breakfast looks awesome as usual.

My mind is blank until I start reading what you all have to say. If there ever was a three ring circus for a trial this is it (aside OJ).

I do not think Casey will walk at all and it that ever happened I honestly would not recover and will have lost all faith in our justice system.

16. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to The Farm For This Useful Post:

BritsKate is offline Past mistakes should teach you to create a wonderful future.
    There is no way in my opinion that Casey Anthony will be acquitted of the 7 felony charges she is facing. At the bare minimum the State's Attorney has proven manslughter however I believe the State's case for 1st degree murder will be bolstered by rebuttal, closing arguments and jury instructions. (Personally I could convict on murder now )

The jury, I believe, will largely discount the Anthony's and rely more heavily on forensic/law enforcement testimony.
    "Emotional abuse isn't calling someone a name; it isn't simply raising your voice at someone you're meant to love...it's a concerted effort, a campaign, designed with the sole purpose of destruction. Your destruction. Emotional abuse crushes your spirit. It steals a piece of your soul. It changes everything about you and how you interact with others. You are never the same having survived it. In its wake, you question everything you ever thought you knew. You wonder what's wrong with you. You believe you aren't worth loving. You doubt yourself - constantly. And you learn to live with scars no one sees."

BritsKate is offline Past mistakes should teach you to create a wonderful future.
    Ummm...
    Since when is sexual abuse and/or incest grounds for an acquittal? I absolutely believe while the theory of abuse may factor into mitigation it will not come into play for the guilt phase. JMO
    "Emotional abuse isn't calling someone a name; it isn't simply raising your voice at someone you're meant to love...it's a concerted effort, a campaign, designed with the sole purpose of destruction. Your destruction. Emotional abuse crushes your spirit. It steals a piece of your soul. It changes everything about you and how you interact with others. You are never the same having survived it. In its wake, you question everything you ever thought you knew. You wonder what's wrong with you. You believe you aren't worth loving. You doubt yourself - constantly. And you learn to live with scars no one sees."

Good Morning!

Any juror with a lick of common sense will realize there is NO secret and yesterday's testimony by Lee proved it. Why didn't Baez come right out and ask Lee if he molested Casey? The only reasonable doubt this jury is facing right now is whether or not they will be home by Christmas!

The waffles look yummy!
    Justice for Holly Bobo🎀

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy Puppy View Post
    Well, either that or he was that upset over not being invited to a baby shower.

It was odd, I agree, something was up there. But yeah, and seeing that after this when Baez walked over to confer with Mason before saying "no more questions", I agree something didn't happen.
    It was extremely odd and I said yesterday in the trial thread right after the lunch break that it was obvious to me that Baez was after an answer he was expecting Lee to say but never got it. He asked too many times for him not to have been expecting a specific answer. Whatever it was, he didn't get it. IMO

21. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Talina For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Talina View Post
    That is an excuse for murdering your 2 1/2 yr old baby? Not in the world I live in. I don't care what kind of emotional issues one might have from such an experience or upbringing. It DOES NOT!

I honestly can not see 12 other even half way reasonable people coming to the conclusion that it does either.

Suppose for a second that that illicit testimony is garnered from one of the Anthony's. Their credibility on the stand has been so tainted in the last couple of days, I can't for one nano of a second think the jurors will fall for it.

IMO
    You don't think it is an excuse and neither do I. But I bet at least one person on this jury will think it is, starting with #4.

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to artbuc For This Useful Post:

You don't think it is an excuse and neither do I. But I bet at least one person on this jury will think it is, starting with #4.
    Even if that does happen, and I don't believe it will, that would not be a "not guilty" verdict. That would be a mistrial and she'd still be sitting right where she is now until the next trial.

25. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Talina For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Me sofie View Post
    Hey Guys,

I'm from Belgium where they sell those delicious waffles, so I'll bring y'all one !!

Hope we are going to see some fireworks today...cheering for SA offcourse
    YAY! My car was made in Belgium, could you bring me another one of those too??
    JMO.

27. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to redkatrampant For This Useful Post:

Good morning WS Family

One day closer to Justice for Caylee...

Thanks Beach, breakfast always looks so yummy...

ICA will walk right to Lowell Correctional Facility...

There is no evidence to point to an accidental drowning...this DT has made stuff up as they go along. ICA has destroyed this family and is still destroying them...Baez and Mason should be disbarred for attempting to ruin a grandfathers life by their awful insinuations. I was waiting for YMelich to say, GA/RK were never suspects...we checked into their days and can safely say, they were at work and RK has no connection to the Anthony family, other than being a meter reader in that area, at that time...IIRC, RK was an ex bounty hunter and was once a PI...all he did was follow the words of ICA...she's close, she's close to home..all he did was follow his gut feelings and thankfully, after 6 months, found Caylee's remains...he should be thanked but as always, no good deed goes unpunished, eh.....JMHO

Justice for Caylee

For anyone who wants a quick overwiev of yesterday's testimony, here are links that gave me everything in a nutshell without having to view 8 hours of trial videos:

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/2011/06...day-27-062411/

and

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/2011/06...eports-062411/
    This is just my opinion.

I have ZERO tolerance for animal abusers. I report them.

I have these if anybody else thought they were younger than they are last night.....

http://img4.myrecipes.com/i/recipes/...-1704040-l.jpg
    JMO.

If I was on this jury, I'd be angry as heck for time wasted by this defense team. I would also have to think this defense team is really desperate considering they called the inmate's mommy on the stand 3 times with no results. Linda did a good job at quashing the shorts story and the ridiculous drowning theory.

What did Lee's testimony prove? He was hurt because he wasn't invited to the baby shower and he felt hurt he was pushed aside during the pregnancy days. Oh brother. Well geeez. Let's acquit Casey then.
    Justice for Holly Bobo🎀

Then they will not be following jury instructions in my opinion. Here's the thing: the DT never offered up the abuse excuse to absolve her of the murder. They offered it up as an explanation for her 'ugly coping' in addition to the accident scenario. The jury would not only have to believe that Casey was sexually abused but that Caylee also died in an accident. Neither of which have they shown any evidence of apart from opening statements which cannot be considered by the jury as evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by ~n/t~ View Post
    If I was on this jury, I'd be angry as heck for time wasted by this defense team. I would also have to think this defense team is really desperate considering they called the inmate's mommy on the stand 3 times with no results. Linda did a good job at quashing the shorts story and the ridiculous drowning theory.

What did Lee's testimony prove? He was hurt because he wasn't invited to the baby shower and he felt hurt he was pushed aside during the pregnancy days. Oh brother. Well geeez. Let's acquit Casey then.
    Really!
    All LA showed us, once again, is what an odd duck he is.

34. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to ZsaZsa For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 134 123456789101151101 ... LastLast