1307 users online (256 members and 1051 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 98 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by marie-chantal View Post
    Do we know if the 4 Gilgo Beach women did the same type of drugs? I'm still amazed that the SK seemed to get these women (who all seemed to be very good about taking precautions in order to protect their safety) to drop their guard and go to him or with him. This makes me think that they either knew him very well (so well that they unquestioningly trusted him) or they needed a fix and he promised a big drug payout in addition to a large amount of cash. If they knew him very well, then it would seem to me that their families and/or boyfriends would have been able to name names since there is a chance that the women talked about this guy. I'm starting to think that there may be a drug connection involved here. I would hope that these boyfriends and friends would start talking about what drugs these girls were in to and quite possibly mention any connections they had to drug dealers. Maybe LE needs to put more heat on the boyfriends to get them to start talking. I have a feeling that drugs may be the key here in connecting the victims to one person.

Since ALC had two lengthy conversations with the guy who was presumably the SK, I wonder what the results of the phone trace were, or if these conversations were conducted via Craigslist. Surely an IP address or a number came up? I'm assuming SK used a throw away phone but there has got to be a way to track the number for the phone to the store where it was sold. I'm not too familiar with how those phones work.
    Hi, Marie-Chantel. I think that if these women with different backstories had a common drug source, it would be known already to police. I think that many prostitutes, perhaps most, have drug problems and, indeed, many first became involved in the sex trade because of those addictions.

Melissa's boyfriend mentioned a thousand dollar trick, which I suspect would, in those days at least, convinced many young women to drop their usual safeguards.

The very good question you ask about the cellphone calls spotlights a difficulty very common to serial killer investigations: Until they close in, law enforcement guards what they do know very tightly.
    Last edited by Chanler; 06-21-2011 at 10:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chanler View Post
    Hi, MrsPC. For several reasons, I don't think that Shannan had familiarity with the area. For one thing, on the 911 call, she was unable to give even an approximate location of where she was. (There have been secondhand reports, cited above also, that she named the Fire Island.) For another, her path seemed more frantic than efficient. And for another, her driver, who one imagines would have known the area if she did, refused to go on her errand because he wasn't familiar with the locale.
    Please stop perpetuating the false "Fire Island" information!! The only information that we got from LE is that she thought she was near "Jones Beach". LE has never mentioned that she thought she was on Fire Island. That information keeps getting rehashed here and I am almost 100% positive that it is false information. The media started this false information back in December and it is not accurate.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by truthspider View Post
    while driving past oak beach everyday on my way home, all the things I learned about this case percolate in my mind, I realized I don't think I shared this when I found it, it's an article about a town meeting to discuss the proposal of condos going in where OBI was:

http://www.babylonbeacon.com/news/20...t_Page/06.html

(relevant section pasted below, full name removed by me)

"CPH, a practicing physician based in Oak Beach, pointed out that environmental concerns are beyond the point of being easily swept aside.

"We’re concerned about health, specifically the increase in waste water from septic systems and the increase in chemicals used to clean and maintain them," CPH explained. "There’s also a very good possibility we could see an increase in mosquito breeding."

CPH said he has other concerns, as well. "What about (unrestricted) access for the fire department?" he pointed out. "And, what about having parking below the flood plane? Cars will have to be parked elsewhere in the event of storms and hurricanes. There are a lot of (things) that need to be addressed. But unfortunately, it seems the proposal already has the blessing of the town board."

what at first seemed like a fairly irrelevant article, now I feel sheds light on 2 important character traits: territorial behavior and being well spoken.

"Territorial: Displaying territoriality; defending a territory from intruders"
    I believe our sk is a long time oak beach resident and is very territorial...

As for being well spoken, I have to believe to be awarded the positions and titles that CPH has held in the past, he must be a capable and well spoken individual, I feel his quote in this article shows this to be the case. This guy can handle public speaking. So why the near jibberish when being questioned by the news/media? Why is his affect wrong in his responses to members of the media? And how come I can't sleep? :\

CPH, I hate condos as well, but I am not sure I understand the science behind condos and additional mosquito breeding. Can you explain? You seem to have a better understanding of the shoreline ecology than most OB residents.

NIMBY because that's where I keep my secrets....?
    Hi, TruthSpider, and thanks for your research. Like you, I would like to know a lot, lot more about the call to Mrs. Gilbert. Things like whether the caller identified himself specifically and memorably; how detailed was Mrs. Gilbert's first report of it; whether such a call has been traced and its early date verified; and, of course, Mr. H.'s account to the police.

Beyond that, Mr. H. seems to me much like the other concerned speakers at this community meeting. In fact, it occurred to me that the clarity of their quotations might have been somewhat aided consciously or unconsciously by the reporter present. And guilty or not, he acted pretty much as I probably would if I was approached by people asking me to defend myself against charges of kidnapping or worse.

In any case, that phone call report troubles me too.

Quote Originally Posted by goathairjones View Post
    Please stop perpetuating the false "Fire Island" information!! The only information that we got from LE is that she thought she was near "Jones Beach". LE has never mentioned that she thought she was on Fire Island. That information keeps getting rehashed here and I am almost 100% positive that it is false information. The media started this false information back in December and it is not accurate.

Thanks!
    Hi, GoatHairJones, thanks for your emphatic statement. Actually, in my original post, I had listed no specific location, but some one on the thread had identified Fire Island. (I had noted that it was secondhand information.) In any case, I will change back the wording to what it was originally.

And it is done.....

Has anyone checked the LISK.com website in a while? The emails and posts are getting very interesting. Especially one poster who has posted many and seems to have specific knowledge and information about the Dr. and Oak Beach....including saying there is a shed near the gate that contained burlap bags, the victims were in water in some sort of drainage ditch, the Dr. drove to AZ and potentially may have discarded remains along the way...further this poster describes a wide ranging and systemic pattern of drugs, sex, and violence in OB. I'm not quite sure what to make of all the posts, but I think it's very very interesting to read nonetheless. Just wondering if others have read any of it as well.

Hey NJGuy. I have also been following those posts. He seems to have alot of information, but without substantiation, its hard to tell what is true and what is just speculation based on truth..i wish he could back up his claims because then he would really have something to bring to the police...

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley123 View Post
    Hey NJGuy. I have also been following those posts. He seems to have alot of information, but without substantiation, its hard to tell what is true and what is just speculation based on truth..i wish he could back up his claims because then he would really have something to bring to the police...

Hey, I agree with you. The level of detail of the information suggests it is legitimate, but you never know if it's someone with a deep hatred for the Doc or someone just playIng games or something else. But I was struck by the specific information and detailed information. Definitely take with a grain of salt, but at the same time, a lot of the info certainly makes sense to me

Also, a lot of the claims are shocking and outrageous and if true, very horrifying. I also remember catching a flaw in one of his posts that seemed to refute what he claimed, but I can't remember it right now. Anyway, it is tough to tell if any of his posts contain any truths but I encourage others here to read and judge for themselves

Quote Originally Posted by NJGuy View Post
    Also, a lot of the claims are shocking and outrageous and if true, very horrifying. I also remember catching a flaw in one of his posts that seemed to refute what he claimed, but I can't remember it right now. Anyway, it is tough to tell if any of his posts contain any truths but I encourage others here to read and judge for themselves
    Shocking and outrageous seems to be a theme for the lisk site. That being said, these new posts have the ring of truth (IMO) and make more sense, in theory, than anything else I have heard so far. It seems like he is being truthful about being a resident of the community with a lot of inside knowledge of his neighbors as well as the investigation (which I assume he gleaned from being questioned and from talking to LE/neighbors/etc). But I think he sort of fluctuates between just stating his theories and then making bold statements and claiming them to be absolute fact.

Let me know if you find the contradiction in his posts because I didn't catch any yet. Anyone know a fast way to locate all his posts on there?

WOW! Thanks NJGUY! It sures sounds like that post knows alot of info. And it backs up suspicions that I have had all along about CPH....The man with the wooden leg. Does he have a lazy eye also? Does JB have a lazy eye? It's been so long since I watched the vids I don't recall.

I wish I had time to sleuth the allegations this poster brings forth but I couldn't post any findings here on WS anyway without him being named a poi in MSM. Pretty incredible story, if true!

Now I know why some neighbors in OB stated to news media...."I'll tell you anything you want but just don't ask me to snitch on my neighbors." (paraphrased)

Just think about it and add it all up,.... doctor with wooden leg, currently unemployeed, wife is nurse who works nights, (One of the victims last phone contact with her john was at 10:30 pm before her disappearance. doesn't 3rd shift begin at 11 pm?), access to prescription drugs due to injury in auto accident, small victims, video at gatehouse missing, burlap sacks allegedly stored in shed of OBA (we saw photos of a sack race on the OBA site early on in the case), Dr. allegedly drives around 'policing' OB in his truck with red light on top (what color is this truck?), supposed wellness check call to SG's mother by someone claiming to be a Dr who treated her in his 'home' for those with drug addiction and she fled, allegedly claimed early in the case to have given SG a sedative that night, Shannon disappears without a trace in OB community....I don't think I need to go on any more......

I think this is the first time that the K.I.S.S. ( Keep It Simple Stupid) theory has all fallen into place in my mind. I may totally wrong with this theory. But it is the only one that makes sense to me regarding Shannan's disappearance which connects her to the
    GB4.

My OPINION is based on RUMOR and MSM reports by OB residents. Therefore it is all MOO!!!!

wm
    Last edited by waltzingmatilda; 06-22-2011 at 01:08 PM. Reason: correction
    ...and be sure your sin will find you out.

Numbers,32:23

Here are links to the two threads on longislandserialkiller.com were the poster in question, with the nickname "Flukeyou", has posted his/her information:

http://longislandserialkiller.com/2011/06/cm-10/

http://longislandserialkiller.com/20...barnaby-jones/

These may be small inconsistencies, but still give me reason to pause in believing all those posts...However, he named a lot of names in his posts about who may be connected to these crimes, one I find particularly interesting was the florist who moved to Montana. Anyway just a couple of inconsistencies...

1. He posts CPH was fired from the PD bc he lied on his resume, yet claims CPH has almost all the police force in his backpocket. How do you get fired for lying on your resume but still have power over the PD?

2. He claims the man from Montana was having an affair with CPH's wife and he knew about it, yet was still best friends with the guy...Maybe it's a lot sicker than we can ever know, but reason stands to think they would no longer be best friends.

3. Claims Dr. or JB called Gilbert family to state SG was with him under his care....why in the holy hell would the Dr. do that? How long does that buy him until SG's family starts questioning why she hasn't called or come home, a few days, a week maybe. Then what? He cannot be that arrogant to think her family wouldn't eventually ask where she was

However, despite these small issues with the posts, much of what he posts may have some truth to them...where and how the bodies were hidden, the burlap, the security tapes, the parties etc..
    Although if this poster knew where and how the bodies were stored, why didn't he come forward way back then? Doesn't make a lot of sense to me, that's all. It's hard to fathom that nearly every resident of OB knew of this and not one person would say anything. And I don't care how much pull a man has with the PD, there is no way the PD would overlook/cover up a dozen bodies being discovered without having an answer for it.

As you can see from my post, I am quite conflicted about the veracity of this man's posts. Much of it makes sense (and maybe I want it to make sense) and the level of knowledge and detail is eye opening, but it is also quite possible this man is either making it up, fabricating some of it, or has an ulterior motive about all the informtion

Quote Originally Posted by NJGuy View Post
    These may be small inconsistencies, but still give me reason to pause in believing all those posts...However, he named a lot of names in his posts about who may be connected to these crimes, one I find particularly interesting was the florist who moved to Montana. Anyway just a couple of inconsistencies...

1. He posts CPH was fired from the PD bc he lied on his resume, yet claims CPH has almost all the police force in his backpocket. How do you get fired for lying on your resume but still have power over the PD?

2. He claims the man from Montana was having an affair with CPH's wife and he knew about it, yet was still best friends with the guy...Maybe it's a lot sicker than we can ever know, but reason stands to think they would no longer be best friends.

3. Claims Dr. or JB called Gilbert family to state SG was with him under his care....why in the holy hell would the Dr. do that? How long does that buy him until SG's family starts questioning why she hasn't called or come home, a few days, a week maybe. Then what? He cannot be that arrogant to think her family wouldn't eventually ask where she was

However, despite these small issues with the posts, much of what he posts may have some truth to them...where and how the bodies were hidden, the burlap, the security tapes, the parties etc..
    Although if this poster knew where and how the bodies were stored, why didn't he come forward way back then? Doesn't make a lot of sense to me, that's all. It's hard to fathom that nearly every resident of OB knew of this and not one person would say anything. And I don't care how much pull a man has with the PD, there is no way the PD would overlook/cover up a dozen bodies being discovered without having an answer for it.

As you can see from my post, I am quite conflicted about the veracity of this man's posts. Much of it makes sense (and maybe I want it to make sense) and the level of knowledge and detail is eye opening, but it is also quite possible this man is either making it up, fabricating some of it, or has an ulterior motive about all the informtion
    Very well put. I noticed the same things but didn't think much of them (except #1). A while back, I was trying to research (along with another poster here, carbuff) how long CPH had worked as the director of emergency services (and the years he held that position) and I couldn't find much BUT we did find an old Newsday article about his "resignation" (the word they used).

http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/newsday/...ealth+position

It seemed that he held the position from 1995-1997,while the poster indicated he was fired right away for lying on his resume.

ETA: The reason I didn't think much of points #2 and #3 is because the second one could be the result of intricate personal dynamics that we have no idea about and the phone call could have just been a drunken or drug-induced loss of control/bad judgment call. JMO

Also, one of the names he posted was the father of the witness who described seeing SG's footprints in the sand...does it mean anything? who knows, but that always struck me as an odd quote. Interestingly enough, the father was a witness to a shooting in Oak Beach that involved a retired officer and another man back in 2004.

The more I read and think about this person's posts, the less inclined I am to believe the entire story...I think I believe bits and pieces, and I strongly believe (as others have posted here) that something horrible has been going on OB for a while. To what extent, I am not sure. But way too many coincidences, inconsistencies for my liking about this place.

I don't think we're allowed to post quotes from FB but check out the new posts on Praying for Shannan Maria Gilbert.

Page 2 of 98 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast