714 users online (102 members and 612 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."

The Oasis - A Place To Share How You Unwind From the Case

We've all been subject to the stress of the Anthony case and must find ways to relieve the disappoints and setbacks. I keep my book of Psalms handy near the computer and read several Psalms daily when the trial becomes troublesome. What do you do to take your mind off the trial? Please share your thoughts here on The Oasis thread.

I find that reading others thoughts on here makes me feel better, it's not necessarily unwinding but it relieves the tension for me.

I would not tell this to anyone who actually knows who I am (too embarrassing and they might throw a net over me) but I think there is something really wrong with me. I go to sleep thinking about this case/trial, I wake up and begin thinking about it before I get out of bed, I watch recaps/discussions even after court is in recess or over for the day. I read message boards and blogs and anything I can find. Last week I ate tuna out of the can because anything else would take prep time. I don't always answer the phone. I have quit doing my volunteer work. I have never followed any crime like this one--whatever CBS news at 6 reported was the most information I needed. The only oasis that I can dimly see in the distance is a verdict.

Quote Originally Posted by Walk in IL View Post
    I would not tell this to anyone who actually knows who I am (too embarrassing and they might throw a net over me) but I think there is something really wrong with me. I go to sleep thinking about this case/trial, I wake up and begin thinking about it before I get out of bed, I watch recaps/discussions even after court is in recess or over for the day. I read message boards and blogs and anything I can find. Last week I ate tuna out of the can because anything else would take prep time. I don't always answer the phone. I have quit doing my volunteer work. I have never followed any crime like this one--whatever CBS news at 6 reported was the most information I needed. The only oasis that I can dimly see in the distance is a verdict.
    I hear you. I couldn't tell anyone of my obsession either. Like you, I'm waiting for the verdict so I can have my life back.
    This is just my opinion.

I have ZERO tolerance for animal abusers. I report them.

Normally it is not hard for me to wind down from the case, but I find it hard TODAY. We donīt know exactly what went on - and that is simply frustrating.
    Normally JP explains the reasons for this and that, but today he just announced that the court was in recess until tomorrow morning.
    I am so curious about what is going on, that I am about to explode!

Eidetic is offline Open your eyes to the millions of lies that they tell you every day.
    Meeting with spiritual advisors and therapists
    I cry. I rant and sometimes argue with my husband over the case. I look at photos and video of Caylee. I cry some more.

Caylee helps me through it.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7QM6UEpIAw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7QM6UEpIAw[/ame]

"She's safe. She's in God's loving arms. In a lot of ways, I'm content by the fact that she will never have to have her heart broken, or see the constant negativity that our society breeds -nor will she ever be abused or taken advantage of." -Casey Anthony
    "They just want Caylee back, that's all they're worried about right now,"- Casey Anthony

"I'm so angry and disappointed in our country's legal system, it makes me sick." -Casey Anthony
    "I guess you could say I am living for free off the kindness of strangers." -Casey Anthony
    "(Both of my parents are) not working, still, and yet, have the means to travel all over the country and don't feel that they have to explain where or why. Odd, right? -Casey Anthony

I am so sorry Caylee.

Quote Originally Posted by SATA View Post
    Normally it is not hard for me to wind down from the case, but I find it hard TODAY. We donīt know exactly what went on - and that is simply frustrating.
    Normally JP explains the reasons for this and that, but today he just announced that the court was in recess until tomorrow morning.
    I am so curious about what is going on, that I am about to explode!
    Yes, today is particularly frustrating and stressful. I have a headache and feel out of sorts to get on with my day now. I feel so completely disgusted by what happened in court this morning and what we heard happened over the weekend. I seriously considered a glass of wine but that isn't going to help.

I need to get on with my day, maybe go for a bike road down to the river, then get busy with my work.
    This frustration will pass and I will appreciate the day off from the misery of watching this defence .
    Writing this post actually helped, thank you for starting the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Walk in IL View Post

You are not alone! I think many of us feel exactly the same way. This trial has become an obsession; fortunately, my husband and I are retired and it isn't interfering too much with our daily life, since our routines are pretty flexible...but still, it has become all-consuming. Mostly because of Caylee Marie. We keep thinking of that precious little girl and we want justice for her so bad, it hurts.
    Caylee Marie Anthony Travis Alexander: Never forgotten

I go swimming with my daughter.
    I love Websleuths! Justice for Caylee!

I don't usually cry but I did today. Just reading news about all the great things and activities to do all summer makes my heart hurt because CAYLEE should be doing all these fun things.

Actually it's opposite for me the case is where I unwind. Instead of filling out paper work, doing research, making phone calls , I watch the trial and chat on websleuths. I have become pretty good with fitting in calls and work (even get in some laundry and housework during lunch).
    It's almost been a year since we did our last show.Jay Bush my partner has been auditioning for the show Shark Tank and so this has put the show on hold. If he gets on Shark Tank, we will be terribly delayed. Good luck Jay. Either way we will one day continue the show and have the coolest global independent radio station out there. This is just a small video we did with one of our artists.Waiting for One and their tune 35 years. Check it out.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7Go80y20fA
    We hope to be doing a radio show with all our artists real soon. Hope you can join in the fun. Please bare with us while we improve the show especially the sound.
    Laserdog Enterprises would like to bring you our version of a Tribute to the Angels of Newtown. Another school shooting in Georgia thankfully no children were hurt.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axOGOBT77Xs

Please take a few moments and visit the missing children site. We really need you.
    Click on the link to find a missing child,teen or adult.

http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...eCountry=en_US

Yesterday I had to take a day off from all things Anthony . I had to for my own mental health .
    I am really scared there will be a hung jury and then no closure and this will just continue .
    "Don't pee on my head and tell me it's raining" ~Judge Judy

Revenge is beneath me , but accidents DO happen .

I play World of Warcraft.

Then again, at times I play it while watching the trial, lol.
    Faxing death threats to a location near you!

Cute Overload helps.

Roze is offline Founding Member of AFKBPOFPOPL, Part-time Dentist
    I drink Chardonnay and talk to myself.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast