My thoughts on guilt after visiting Caylee's memorial site.

Dragonlady

Reaction score
Yesterday I drove up to Orlando for Father's Day and stopped by Caylee's memorial and remains site so that my 7 year old son could leave a teddy bear for Caylee, while I was there I took a few pictures and I wanted to share them with my fellow WS's.

I also wanted to share some of my thoughts and feelings after having visited the site where little Caylee's remain were found, my initial reaction was "wow this is really close to the Anthony home" and even though I have heard this explained on the news several times it just did not sink in until I saw it for myself, this was a surreal experience for me to be standing under the canopy of trees in eerie silence surrounded by thick vegetation, trash and stuffed animals left for Caylee, I could not control my emotions and burst into tears, but not because I was sad at where I standing but rather I was enraged that ICA had dumped Caylee's remains so unceremoniously in this dark dank place littered with trash and crawling with bugs and wildlife. :furious: I just have no words to express how callous ICA's action were, GA would never left Caylee out like roadkill here.
For those of you on the fence as to whether this was an accidental death or not, let me just say that no innocent person would dump the body of their own flesh and blood in a nasty overgrown dump site unless they were the person responsible for the death and just wanted to get rid of the evidence quickly and without thought.
The site was littered with black garbage bags full god knows what, beer bottles, carpet remnants, used floor tiles etc... so it's plausible to understand at least to me how none one would have thought twice about picking up or opening garbage bags in this area off Suburban Drive, for this reason I think that RK must have been actively picking through a lot of trash looking for Caylee, when he found her remains that fateful day 12-11-08, this also makes the DT theory that RK moved Caylee's remains all the more ridiculous since this is not a place that a person could easily walk around in and scatter around for 1/4 acre little pieces of bones.

In the pictures you will see how the area slopes down from the road to the remains site, this area seems to have very poor drainage and would be flooded easily with some rain and when I was out there the ground was slightly damp underfoot even though we have drought conditions in Florida right now.
I took some pictures from the edge of the road to illustrate how far down it is and it's proximity to the street.
I did not take any pictures of the garbage bags lying around because it was to upsetting to me given how Caylee was found.

The area where the remains were found on Suburban ends at a dead end, on one side is the school and across is the remains site.

I also drove by the Anthony's home and wondered what really happened here?

The home is situated in a small middle class subdivision, the homes are well kept and this is not the type of background that you would expect to see a thief and killer coming from, this is quiet neighborhood filled with hardworking families.

I'm new here so hopefully I posted this in accordance with the sites rules, if not please correct it and thanks for letting me post my thoughts here.

The photos below were taken by me Dragonlady 6-19-11
Caylee (2).jpg
Walking along the roadside of the remains site.

Caylee.jpg
Dense vegetation.

photo (9).jpg
View on the remains site from the top of the roadway.

photo (17).jpg
View of the street from the top of the slope.
photo (20).jpg
Another view from the top of the road showing how close the remains were to the street.

photo (15).jpg
Slope down
photo (16).jpg
A rosary left for Caylee.
photo (19).jpg
The roadside memorial.

photo (13).jpg
The actual remains site.

photo (10).jpg
A child's note for Caylee

photo (14).jpg
Remains site.

photo (11).jpg
Remains site 2.

photo (27).jpg
Remains site 3.

photo (26).jpg
A view of the tree canopy from the remains site.

Your pictures give a person a very good look at how dense the brush is and how easy it was for ICA to toss Caylee in there undetected.

If I were on that jury I would want to take a field trip to the site to see for myself.

Thank you very much for going there and for sharing your pictures with us.

photo (28).jpg
A teddy bear that my son left for Caylee, named Sunshine Bear.
photo (23).jpg
The Anthony home.

Thank you very much for sharing.

The juxtaposition of the nice memorial surrounded by trash is jarring, yet uplifting.

Thank you so much Dragonfly for sharing your pictures with all of us. They turned out so well. It gave me a better understanding, of what I had always pictured it to look like. Thanks again. It was very sweet of you and your son to pay your respects and bring a bear too. I wish that I wasn't clear across the country, so that I could do the same. Hopefully, someday soon.

Your pictures give a person a very good look at how dense the brush is and how easy it was for ICA to toss Caylee in there undetected.

If I were on that jury I would want to take a field trip to the site to see for myself.

I don't know if it possible but I think it would be helpful for the jury to visit the site and see it for themselves, I think that it would make the deliberations easier imo, since it would help them sort through the dueling sides theories and put everything else into perspective.

Thanks for your pictures. It is a very erie place. At the time she was placed there it was even more over grown than it is now, so much was cleared out at that time, and as you have seen it hasn't taken too long to have so much grow back.

Like you have said until you go there and see for yourself how close it really is to the A's house you can't wrap your head around it. I don't think for one minute GA would have tossed Caylee there and let her rot and be picked apart and dragged away by animals.

I may be going to Orlando on the 27th, next Monday, and have planned to go there again.

Thanks again for your pictures and your thoughts.

Its sad looking at these photos of the place where the body of a beautiful little girl was left like old garbage.

The jurors should be brought out to the site where Caylee was finally found - right down the street from the Anthony house. They should be able to see for themselves how the land dips down and flooding occurred. The jurors would see this dump site where a beautiful little girl was not even buried.

ICA had that photobucket pic of a site that looked similar with the word Love over it to romanticize the spot which was actually a place people dump trash and garbage.

Remember all that stuff about everyday it gets stronger. I can feel she's close. Wow, ICA must be psychic!

Thank you so much for sharing. It is nice that so many have left tokens for sweet Caylee. It must have been hard to go there.

I think the jury should take the field trip and also get to see and smell Casey's car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yesterday I drove up to Orlando for Father's Day and stopped by Caylee's memorial and remains site so that my 7 year old son could leave a teddy bear for Caylee, while I was there I took a few pictures and I wanted to share them with my fellow WS's.

I also wanted to share some of my thoughts and feelings after having visited the site where little Caylee's remain were found, my initial reaction was "wow this is really close to the Anthony home" and even though I have heard this explained on the news several times it just did not sink in until I saw it for myself, this was a surreal experience for me to be standing under the canopy of trees in eerie silence surrounded by thick vegetation, trash and stuffed animals left for Caylee, I could not control my emotions and burst into tears, but not because I was sad at where I standing but rather I was enraged that ICA had dumped Caylee's remains so unceremoniously in this dark dank place littered with trash and crawling with bugs and wildlife. :furious: I just have no words to express how callous ICA's action were, GA would never left Caylee out like roadkill here.
For those of you on the fence as to whether this was an accidental death or not, let me just say that no innocent person would dump the body of their own flesh and blood in a nasty overgrown dump site unless they were the person responsible for the death and just wanted to get rid of the evidence quickly and without thought.
The site was littered with black garbage bags full god knows what, beer bottles, carpet remnants, used floor tiles etc... so it's plausible to understand at least to me how none one would have thought twice about picking up or opening garbage bags in this area off Suburban Drive, for this reason I think that RK must have been actively picking through a lot of trash looking for Caylee, when he found her remains that fateful day 12-11-08, this also makes the DT theory that RK moved Caylee's remains all the more ridiculous since this is not a place that a person could easily walk around in and scatter around for 1/4 acre little pieces of bones.

In the pictures you will see how the area slopes down from the road to the remains site, this area seems to have very poor drainage and would be flooded easily with some rain and when I was out there the ground was slightly damp underfoot even though we have drought conditions in Florida right now.
I took some pictures from the edge of the road to illustrate how far down it is and it's proximity to the street.
I did not take any pictures of the garbage bags lying around because it was to upsetting to me given how Caylee was found.

The area where the remains were found on Suburban ends at a dead end, on one side is the school and across is the remains site.

I also drove by the Anthony's home and wondered what really happened here?

The home is situated in a small middle class subdivision, the homes are well kept and this is not the type of background that you would expect to see a thief and killer coming from, this is quiet neighborhood filled with hardworking families.

I'm new here so hopefully I posted this in accordance with the sites rules, if not please correct it and thanks for letting me post my thoughts here.

The photos below were taken by me Dragonlady 6-19-11
View attachment 16714
Walking along the roadside of the remains site.

View attachment 16715
Dense vegetation.

View attachment 16719
View on the remains site from the top of the roadway.

View attachment 16722
View of the street from the top of the slope.
View attachment 16728
Another view from the top of the road showing how close the remains were to the street.

Thank you so very, very much for posting these current photos. Also, your thoughts, feelings and words made me cry. You have been a blessing to me today. I live in PA and can't afford to come and visit Caylee's remains site. Thank you again for posting!!! :)

Wow, thank you for this first person view Dragonlady!

This case never ceases to amaze me, what a sad ending to a beautiful life. There is no doubt in my mind that Casey is solely responsible for the murder of Caylee. I still can not wrap my brain around her callousness.

I *think* at the time she was dumped in 2008 that area was even more dense than what these pics show now. This is just the regrowth since 2008 when the investigators processed the area. Prior to that I'm sure the area hadn't been touched for years. And unless you've been to Florida or lived there you have no idea how dense wooded areas can get.

The jurors should be brought out to the site where Caylee was finally found - right down the street from the Anthony house. They should be able to see for themselves how the land dips down and flooding occurred. The jurors would see this dump site where a beautiful little girl was not even buried.

ICA had that photobucket pic of a site that looked similar with the word Love over it to romanticize the spot which was actually a place people dump trash and garbage.

Remember all that stuff about everyday it gets stronger. I can feel she's close. Wow, ICA must be psychic!

The creepy photobucket picture with "love" written on it fits the spot perfectly, I can see that now.

I was amazed that people were still dumping things in garbage bags out there given that this place is where Caylee's remains were found in a garbage bag!

The path leading to the discovery site is pretty clean and worn, so like the CSI pictures show the site was very overgrown at the time.
While I was there another person stopped by to leave something, but I was crying so I turned away from her and didn't see what she left.

My son was spooked by the place and didn't want to be there anymore so my husband walked back up to the roadside memorial, the remains site is heavily shaded and quiet, downright creepy if you ask me.

I think the remains site will be permanantly eerie. The memorials are wonderful, beautiful for sweet Caylee. And the site, IMO, is marked forever with the tragedy of what was done to Caylee. Both the memorials and the eerie site are necessary, IMO.

I have a child a bit older than Caylee was (born in the same year) and I just cannot imagine the evil inside this woman. In the beginning I wavered on if it could have been an accident, but you don't accidentally bag your child up like trash and dump her in the woods... THAT was NO accident.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
archangel78100
Back