GUILTY WA - Matthew Keyes for sex abuse, child *advertiser censored*, Seattle, 2010

Missizzy

Reaction score
This is disturbing news, indeed. Homeland Security cannot crack a child *advertiser censored* producer's code? He won't give it up. There's FAR FAR more to this story, I'm afraid. Who's this guy taking the rap for or are there possibly photos of children being killed?

This also brings up a sticky question as to whether this child, who remembers nothing, should ever be told.

Just throwing this out there. Kyron disappeared in June 2010. Keyes wasn't arrested until December. Seattle's a straight shot up I-5. Hmmmm.

http://www.seattlepi.com/local/arti...ser censored*-maker-One-child-was-1429574.php

Mother to Seattle child *advertiser censored* maker: One child was too much

"One child hurt is enough. That was a mother’s message to a federal judge moments before he decided how many years a Seattle man – Matthew Chase Keyes – should spend in prison for sexually assaulting her 8-year-old son. Of course, Keyes, 37, had hurt more than one child, at least vicariously. A collector, distributor and producer of child *advertiser censored*, Keyes was caught in December with 1,300 photos of children being abused or displayed. Also in his collection was at least one video showing him sexually assaulting the woman’s drugged boy...."

and

"....investigators remained at a loss as to the extent of his predatory activities. While they recovered one video from a camera, U.S. Homeland Security Investigations agents have yet to crack the encryption on a home computer taken when Keyes was arrested. Despite apologies tearful and profuse, and a guilty plea earlier in the year, he hasn’t given up the code...."

and

"...Several of the images showed boys between the ages 6 and 10 being bound or raped by adult men...."

more at link

What the what? They can't get him to give the code?

Stand him stitch stark naked in a police precinct. Have him outstretch his arms. Load on some phonebooks in each hand. Make him stand like that and he gets no potty brake, no cheese sandwich (oh ya have to feed him), he's not permitted to move. Them phone books get heavy. Do that for a few hours he'll give the code.

Drugs a little boy? Rapes children? Give him the phonebooks. They need that code.

I like that idea, Filly. Creative but non-violent. I don't get this at all. There's a mighty serious reason that this guy won't give up that code. It unnerves me that they would even report that Homeland Security can't break the code.

Really? Or is that some sort of maneuver on Homeland Security's part?

I don't see how a man can be tearful and profuse with his apologies and yet say, "Nope, not gonna let you see what I have hidden." He has a neuro-degenerative disease. It's even doubtful that he'll live 17.5 years behind bars. What would cause him to not give up the code in exchange for a lighter sentence?

I'm still thinking that he's covering for someone or that there are snuff films on that computer. Where's the nation's best rogue hackers when we need them?

Oh, my word ... I hope they can get that code figured out ASAP! Homeland Security can't break it? Seriously?!?!

It definitely is an interesting thought about poor little Kyron too. I've thought for quite a while now that his stepmother sold him.

I like that idea, Filly. Creative but non-violent. I don't get this at all. There's a mighty serious reason that this guy won't give up that code. It unnerves me that they would even report that Homeland Security can't break the code.

Really? Or is that some sort of maneuver on Homeland Security's part?

I don't see how a man can be tearful and profuse with his apologies and yet say, "Nope, not gonna let you see what I have hidden." He has a neuro-degenerative disease. It's even doubtful that he'll live 17.5 years behind bars. What would cause him to not give up the code in exchange for a lighter sentence?

I'm still thinking that he's covering for someone or that there are snuff films on that computer. Where's the nation's best rogue hackers when we need them?

I'd be willing to bet he's protecting some pretty prominent people too. There's no telling what's on there. If homeland security can 't crack it they need to hire some of the hackers they have arrested.

I'm sure the inmates can get it out of him...if they know to inquire...

I've wondered if that story is actually true. Are there really codes that Homeland Security can't break? Or is it some sort of well planned ploy to say they can't.

It's a long shot that Keyes is connected with Kyron but he did film a young drugged little boy. They got that evidence and he admitted it. The man is said to have a neuro disorder. I hope he doesn't pass before the truth comes out.

If he's pleading guilty, what other reasons could there possibly be for him to stay mum--other than covering for someone prominent or even worse crimes than child rape being depicted?

Yes, high strength encryption has been available to everyone for about 10 years now. If you go to Amazon and search for "cryptography", there are about 3,000 books on the subject. And all the information and programs are on the internet and free.

The whole subject is very complicated, but basically if a password is over 7 characters, there are trillions of possible combinations. And if you're searching for the correct password, there are no "getting warm" answers. You just have to keep trying until you find the right one.

There are programs available to look for passwords. The fastest systems use video cards, because modern video cards have hundreds of tiny processors in them. They can check millions of passwords per second. But it's still possible to have a password that will take millions of years to find.

Recent article about password cracking (9 pages of confusing technical stuff!):
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/password-recovery-gpu,2945.html
:eek:nline:

I like that idea, Filly. Creative but non-violent.

Ancient Philadelphia cop secret. It works. If they did that they'd have the code already. If there is one.

let's just ship his butt to one of our "off shore" accommodations where things like water boarding could be put to good use. IMO He is a terrorist of the worst kid.

Thank you, Paul. I really didn't realize that Homeland Security didn't have the ability to break the toughest codes. That makes sense....when you mention trillions of possibilities.

I would hope they'd break out the biggest "guns" when it comes to child *advertiser censored*. Oh, how I hope they do.

How scary is that?? I don't know if I've ever seen LE reveal that they can't get access to a perp's computer files. Why won't he tell them in exchange for whatever they're offering? If they could readily find 1,300 images and two videos, What on earth could be on there under such heavy encryption?? The possibilities make my stomach turn. :(

yikes - I'm afraid of what he's hiding ... what could be worse than 1300 photos & a video of him & others drugging & raping little boys?

don't answer that

I went back and checked. They found 1,300 images of child *advertiser censored* in files on the guy's computer but only (only, yeah right) one video on his camera. I think that most of the child *advertiser censored* was probably internationally available versus his homemade video of the known little boy who was drugged. I didn't see that anyone else was involved in that film. Possibly someone filmed it for him but he could have also done it himself.

Being that he flat out lied about not being a "toucher" and then refused to give up his code on that computer, there's got to be far more or far worse or both.

Maybe, his neuro degenerative disorder is quite serious and he knows that he's going to die soon anyway. He'll get medical care in prison. Possibly his health is so poor that he doesn't care where he is. Grasping at straws here.

I went back and checked. They found 1,300 images of child *advertiser censored* in files on the guy's computer but only (only, yeah right) one video on his camera. I think that most of the child *advertiser censored* was probably internationally available versus his homemade video of the known little boy who was drugged. I didn't see that anyone else was involved in that film. Possibly someone filmed it for him but he could have also done it himself.

Being that he flat out lied about not being a "toucher" and then refused to give up his code on that computer, there's got to be far more or far worse or both.

Maybe, his neuro degenerative disorder is quite serious and he knows that he's going to die soon anyway. He'll get medical care in prison. Possibly his health is so poor that he doesn't care where he is. Grasping at straws here.

Orrrrrrrrr he's afraid to get his tail kicked in prison if anyone else has been arrested that was in on that.

Phonebooks.

Surely, Seattle's got some thick phonebooks.

No coffee either. That would flatten anyone from Seattle. Maybe Folger's. That would do them in.

Hmmm. Take the guy's screen name, DREADH4SH, and check it out on google. LOTS of hits.

Seriously into BMWs--from Bimmerforum:

"...About Dreadh4sh. Name: Matt; Location: Seattle; Interests: I love fast cars and good music. Occupation: Project Manager..."

And baseball. Where was he a project manager? For heck's sake, he lived in his mother's basement.

Press release from ICE:

http://m.ice.gov/news/releases/1106/110617seattle.htm?f=m

News Releases

JUNE 17, 2011

Seattle man sentenced to more than 17 years for child *advertiser censored* crimes
Defendant videotaped molestation of young family friend

SEATTLE - A local man, who videotaped the molestation of a young boy who was visiting a family member, was sentenced Friday to 17 years and six months in prison and a lifetime of supervised release, following an investigation by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement's (ICE) Homeland Security Investigations (HSI).

Matthew Chase Keyes, 37, pleaded guilty in March to producing and distributing child *advertiser censored*. He came to the attention of law enforcement authorities in April 2010 when the Toronto Police Service's (TPS) child exploitation section determined an individual using the online name "DREADH4SH" had made hundreds of images of child *advertiser censored* available for download on a publicly available peer-to-peer file-sharing network.

Further investigation by the TPS revealed that the Internet protocol address used by "DREADH4SH" could be traced to the Pacific Northwest and investigators provided this information to agents with the Seattle ICE HSI office. Seattle ICE HSI agents used this information and were able to identify Keyes as the suspect.

In December 2010, ICE HSI agents executed a search warrant at Keyes's residence and seized a variety of digital equipment for forensic examination. He denied to agents that he had been involved in any hands-on molestation of children.

However, during a review of the deleted files on one of Keyes' video cameras, there were two scenes showing him molesting young boys. In one video, the child is asleep and in another, the child appears to be drugged.

Keyes' mother later identified one of the children as a boy who had visited her young grandson. ICE HSI agents notified the boy's parents and rescued him from future victimization by the defendant.

At the sentencing hearing before U.S. District Court Judge Ricardo S. Martinez, the parents of one young victim described the horror of learning their son had been molested in the home of a family they had trusted to keep him safe.

"I feel like I failed to protect my son from such a beast," the victim's father told the court.

"What kind of person harms a little child?" the victim's mother said. "I feel like he will harm more kids."

"This defendant repeatedly victimized innocent children through the manufacture and distribution of sexually explicit video and still images. A lengthy prison sentence sends a strong message that this abhorrent behavior will be met with a strong and decisive response," said Leigh Winchell, special agent in charge of HSI in Seattle. "We are grateful for the relationships we have with our international law enforcement partners who provided the lead in this case and resulted in the removal of this child predator from the community."

"We cannot restore the innocence and trust the defendant stole from his victims, but today's sentence acknowledges the harm of his acts and seeks to ensure he never hurts another child," said U.S. Attorney Jenny A. Durkan.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lefer
Back