699 users online (98 members and 601 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

CA - Possible kidnap victim from Louisiana found in San Francisco

The suspect, described as a white man in his 40s or 50s, fled in a 2007 black Ford Fusion with Louisiana license plate No. PPJ393. He had not been found as of this morning, police said.

More at link: http://www.mercurynews.com/crime-cou...nclick_check=1

What a frightening story. She has amnesia? And the suspect is missing. I wonder if it's considered a stranger abduction or is this a man she knows?

An update:

http://www.sfexaminer.com/local/crim...ct-still-large

Car allegedly used in Louisiana kidnapping found, suspect still at large

I am certainly no expert on amnesia, but it seems sort of weird that she remembers what she was doing, where she was doing it, and what day of the week it was when she was kidnapped. Does she remember all of that, but not her name?

Quote Originally Posted by kgeaux View Post
    I am certainly no expert on amnesia, but it seems sort of weird that she remembers what she was doing, where she was doing it, and what day of the week it was when she was kidnapped. Does she remember all of that, but not her name?
    It's very possible that either her head was injured somehow or that she was kept doped up on date rape drugs. The drugs are said to really do a number on a person's mind. Or she could have suffered a stroke. Any of this would of course be exacerbated by fear and disorientation of the kidnapping.

And yes I do believe that a person can sometimes remember parts of their past life, but not other parts. I had a ruptured anyrseum some time ago. And I can't remember a part of my life shortly afterward (only bits and pieces of the first year, and had memory losses for a couple years afterwards.) And my stroke was mild.

Or it is possible that she did know the man who kidnapped her, and she may have been told to withhold info to the authorities for a period of time, along with threats made about her or her family.

I'm not finding a report of a kidnapping or woman missing from Monroe since Wednesday. That doesn't mean she isn't a kidnapping victim, but it doesn't look as though anyone reported her missing.

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Okay... she has amnesia but, she remembers she had been kidnapped from a laundromat in Monroe, La., on Wednesday and driven across the country to San Francisco.

One thing is for sure. The security guard witnessed the woman being pushed out of a vehicle and the driver took off and ditched the car. Definitely suspicious activity. I was just informed by a friend that something similar had happened to her friend's mother. She was kidnapped and taken to various ATM's throughout California and was left somewhere in LA disoriented and confused.

Matt L--Are there any news links to those other stories? It's an odd situation all around.

OneLostGrl is offline I'm going against the grain- I'm going sane
    Quote Originally Posted by mysteriew View Post
    It's very possible that either her head was injured somehow or that she was kept doped up on date rape drugs. The drugs are said to really do a number on a person's mind. Or she could have suffered a stroke. Any of this would of course be exacerbated by fear and disorientation of the kidnapping.

And yes I do believe that a person can sometimes remember parts of their past life, but not other parts. I had a ruptured anyrseum some time ago. And I can't remember a part of my life shortly afterward (only bits and pieces of the first year, and had memory losses for a couple years afterwards.) And my stroke was mild.

Or it is possible that she did know the man who kidnapped her, and she may have been told to withhold info to the authorities for a period of time, along with threats made about her or her family.
    I'm with ya.. and it doesn't even have to be a "date rape drug". Hypnotics like Halcion (which is used in Oral "conscious sedation"), Ambien, Lunesta etc. would all do the trick.

No one said breaking the cycle of abuse would be easy..... But Rewarding it is! Video of My blessings! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oG_H4Tk5gJs

How bizarre! Why did he take her, and why hasn't she been reported missing?

And if they have the plates, vehicle, contents...how have they been unable to identify the kidnapper? Unless it's a stolen vehicle, of course. This is all confusing!

Details released about suspect:

http://blogs.sfweekly.com/thesnitch/...ect_monroe.php

"Police are looking for a heavy-set man with rotting teeth, saying he might be responsible for kidnapping a Louisiana woman and driving her to San Francisco before booting her out of the car...."

and

"...the suspect in the kidnapping was described as a white man in his 40s. He's "heavy set, big nose, rotten teeth, missing teeth, wearing a yellow shirt, and blue jeans...."

more at link

I know that certain drugs make it hard to remember what you think you remember or they can mix memories up all around. Monroe may be somewhere that she grew up, went on vacation to, or wrote lots of letters to years ago. Her mind may tell her that she was taken from there, but whether she actually was may be a different story, and if she isn't right on where she is missing from, it might not be her fault at all.
    JMO. Unless there's a link, I can't prove it.

This is the third person to wind up in San Fran in the past year, in a strange way...Britanny Smith was one and the young girl who ran off with uncle...maybe LE should be checking SF parks for other missing persons, who knows...
    Just my opinion, of course.

Lots of weird things happen in SF I remember these because I was living there...

http://articles.sfgate.com/1998-10-2...ar-parking-lot
    and this http://articles.sfgate.com/1998-11-2...l-jurisdiction

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast