Page 104 of 120 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 102 103 104 105 106 114 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 1793
    Quote Originally Posted by AZlawyer View Post
    I suppose that's true. At least in the US, the accused's right to a fair trial is guaranteed by the US Constitution, while any rights guaranteed to the victim come from, at most, state statutes. Thus the rights of the accused must always take precedence.
    bummer

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gramcracker For This Useful Post:

Zenaida went through an extremely lengthy deposition by fca's attorneys. They have now filed ten more questions they want answered. Can they be granted this, since they already did their depo?
    Now that my babies are grown and on their own, I have my dh of 32 years to care for, as well as Schatzie, our white German Shepherd. She is now the baby of the household.

Quote Originally Posted by FLmom777 View Post
    Zenaida went through an extremely lengthy deposition by fca's attorneys. They have now filed ten more questions they want answered. Can they be granted this, since they already did their depo?
    I'm not sure--what do you mean by filing questions they want answered? Is it a motion to reopen the deposition, which would require a good reason and a court order? Or just interrogatories (written questions), which are routine and, at least in Arizona, are not even "filed" at all--just mailed to the other party?

"It would seem to me that June 16, 2008 was the last time that the victim was viewed by her grandparents. It became quite evident that from the OS of the Defense that the 16th was a date of great importance and that a so called time line of activities dealing with CA, LA, GA and ICA on the 16th and what, if any, activities took place on the 15th, 16th and 17th of June on 24 hour cycles would have been, at least, of a minimal requirement of review. I take it at some point you had a computer expert look at that data?" HHJP, 6/21/11
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...139910&page=94

5. The Following User Says Thank You to AZlawyer For This Useful Post:

Would someone please tell me why Cindy Anthony could get up on that stand and lie like Casey get rebutted-impeached and then walk like it was not a problem and now profit from her perjury and nothing happnes to her? Why have this law if they dont inforce it? and does this set a precident for future perjurors? Cindy got away with it why cant I??

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dizzychick For This Useful Post:

I'm not sure--what do you mean by filing questions they want answered? Is it a motion to reopen the deposition, which would require a good reason and a court order? Or just interrogatories (written questions), which are routine and, at least in Arizona, are not even "filed" at all--just mailed to the other party?
    On the current news thread, page 19, there is an article from the Orlando Sentinel that says the attorneys filed a request. I'm not sure what that means.

At the clerk of courts search site, there is a notice of interrogatories. I think that refers to the new questions her attorneys want answered.
    Last edited by FLmom777; 05-27-2012 at 02:55 AM. Reason: Further info added.
    Now that my babies are grown and on their own, I have my dh of 32 years to care for, as well as Schatzie, our white German Shepherd. She is now the baby of the household.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to FLmom777 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dizzychick View Post
    Would someone please tell me why Cindy Anthony could get up on that stand and lie like Casey get rebutted-impeached and then walk like it was not a problem and now profit from her perjury and nothing happnes to her? Why have this law if they dont inforce it? and does this set a precident for future perjurors? Cindy got away with it why cant I??
    It would absolutely clog up the court system if everyone who lied on the stand were prosecuted for perjury. I can't remember a single trial I've handled in which at least one person didn't commit perjury.

Famous people and people who are too clever to be caught for the really serious crimes that everyone knows they've committed are generally the only ones prosecuted for perjury.

Quote Originally Posted by FLmom777 View Post
    On the current news thread, page 19, there is an article from the Orlando Sentinel that says the attorneys filed a request. I'm not sure what that means.

At the clerk of courts search site, there is a notice of interrogatories. I think that refers to the new questions her attorneys want answered.
    If it's interrogatories, then they don't even need the court's permission. It has nothing to do with the deposition at all. You can do both.

"It would seem to me that June 16, 2008 was the last time that the victim was viewed by her grandparents. It became quite evident that from the OS of the Defense that the 16th was a date of great importance and that a so called time line of activities dealing with CA, LA, GA and ICA on the 16th and what, if any, activities took place on the 15th, 16th and 17th of June on 24 hour cycles would have been, at least, of a minimal requirement of review. I take it at some point you had a computer expert look at that data?" HHJP, 6/21/11

11. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to AZlawyer For This Useful Post:

I suppose that's true. At least in the US, the accused's right to a fair trial is guaranteed by the US Constitution, while any rights guaranteed to the victim come from, at most, state statutes. Thus the rights of the accused must always take precedence.
    Thanks AZ. While your answer makes sense to me, the larger question leaves me perplexed. Ahh well, certainly not the only thing that has me banging my head.
    Contradictions do not exist. Whenever you think you are facing a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong.
    Ayn Rand

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nssherlock For This Useful Post:

If FCA moved to Costa Rica and didn't show up to testify in January, what would happen?

Can she be forced to stay in the United States until after the defamation trial and other legal proceedings are done?

Do you think that she is considering Costa Rica for reasons of avoiding any legal actions against her?

(p.s. Thanks again for all of your helpful insights)
    It's the journey, not the destination.

15. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Jomo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jomo View Post
    If FCA moved to Costa Rica and didn't show up to testify in January, what would happen?

Can she be forced to stay in the United States until after the defamation trial and other legal proceedings are done?

Do you think that she is considering Costa Rica for reasons of avoiding any legal actions against her?

(p.s. Thanks again for all of your helpful insights)
    She could be held in contempt of court. Which doesn't mean much if you're in Costa Rica.

She isn't under arrest (dang it), so she's free to move about the country (and whatever other countries take felons)--unless she's not done with her probation yet. I haven't kept track.

But seriously, I think the Costa Rica thing is just tabloid blabber.

17. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to AZlawyer For This Useful Post:

Question by AZlawyer:
    So, AZlawyer, what do you think of Cheney Mason's appellate brief on the lying convictions?
    http://www.cfnews13.com/content/dam/...ppeal-0611.pdf
    I'm so glad you asked.

It includes exactly the issues I thought would be raised, all of which are good issues that are reasonable to argue on appeal.

The writing and organization leaves something to be desired, however, especially given the length of time his office had to prepare this document (almost a year!).

19. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to AZlawyer For This Useful Post:

So what happens now? Does the state respond to the brief that Mason filed?
    Unless I've provided a link, everything I say is IMO

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Talina For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Talina View Post
    So what happens now? Does the state respond to the brief that Mason filed?
    Yes. The state has 20 days to respond. In theory, anyway. In this court, it seems like extensions are handed out like candy.

23. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to AZlawyer For This Useful Post:

What is the day CMA will be off probation to be free to roam about?

25. The Following User Says Thank You to 5stars For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by 5stars View Post
    What is the day CMA will be off probation to be free to roam about?
    I'm not sure. She was ordered to serve one year of probation, but since there was some confusion back in July 2011 about whether she'd already served it in jail, I don't think the clock actually started until sometime in August 2011.

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AZlawyer For This Useful Post:

wonders is offline My opinion's may not alway's be right but they are mine and mine alone.
    I'm not sure. She was ordered to serve one year of probation, but since there was some confusion back in July 2011 about whether she'd already served it in jail, I don't think the clock actually started until sometime in August 2011.
    I could be wrong but I think it's the 17th of July that she's cut free to scam and murder her way through life again. My Opinion Only!
    A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty....

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wonders For This Useful Post:

Page 104 of 120 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 102 103 104 105 106 114 ... LastLast