1007 users online (162 members and 845 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

MI - Dean Marie Pyle Peters, 13, Grand Rapids, 5 Feb 1981

Dean Marie Pyle Peters

Description:
    DOB: Sep 24, 1966
    Missing: Feb 5, 1981
    Age Now: 38
    Sex: Female
    Race: White
    Hair: Brown
    Eyes: Brown
    Height: 5'3" (160 cm)
    Weight: 110 lbs (50 kg)
    Missing From:
    GRAND RAPIDS, MI
    United States
    Age at Time of Disappearance: 14 years old

Circumstances:
    Pyle Peters was last seen at school in Grand Rapids, MI on February 5, 1981. She was never seen or heard from again.
    She was last seen wearing a brown ski jacket, a pink sweater and blue jeans.

Contact Information: Kent County Sheriff's Office (Michigan) - Missing Persons Unit 1-616-336-3113

National Center for Missing & Exploited Children
    1-800-843-5678 (1-800-THE-LOST)

Printable Poster with age progressed photo:
    http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...archLang=en_US

Please visit the link below if you have any information
    or to view other Michigan Missing Persons:

www.Michigandoes.com

Exclamation Please read!

Missing since February 5, 1981

Do you have information concerning the disappearance of
    Dean Marie Pyle Peters

Rumors have surfaced in the past 23 years
    regarding the case of Deannie Peters. If
    you have heard these rumors and allegations we
    are interested in what you know!

If you have any information, we would appreciate you
    coming forward.

Anything you know leading to the location
    of her body would be very helpful in solving this case.
    You may remain anonymous, but if the public is
    too afraid to come forward these questions
    will continue to go unanswered.

Please send information to:
    D. Peters
    P.O Box 361
    Lowell, Michigan

Bumping for her. As of yesterday she has been gone 25 years.

Update--no real new news

Here's a link to a long article about this case in today's (2-12-06) Grand Rapids (MI) Press:

http://www.mlive.com/news/grpress/in...450.xml&coll=6

Might need to enter a zip code (real or fake) to read it.

Good article. It's almost as if she just dropped off the face of the earth. Her family has waited too long for answers I hope they find something soon.

lots of info

Lots of info in this thread at:
    http://michigandoes.com/index.php/topic,25.0.html

Wonder what Bruce Bunch's alibi was? He was the then 17-year-old student who claims he had a "mental telepathy thing" and had a dream about Deannie, which he told to other people, and which made some people believe he struck Deannie with his car, killed her, and buried her. That seems like an odd thing to say. I don't know if he is or was a person of interest, but he seems pretty weird.

Deanie Peters video

Please take the time to watch the video I have created in hopes of bringing some more attention to her case:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GsyYN0JPTs

By the way Mr. E., Bruce is now living in Tennessee and is still a person of interest but has never been questioned thoroughly by Kent County Sherriff's (I dont believe that KCSD has ruled anyone out entirely since the case has never been solved). Furthermore even though he has family here in Michigan he has never returned and some have speculated that he is afraid that if he were to return he might be brought in for questioning and that is why he has not come back.

I have found it interesting since January that one would make such a comment to media and that Kent County Sherriff's didn't jump on that statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryder97
    By the way Mr. E., Bruce is now living in Tennessee and is still a person of interest but has never been questioned thoroughly by Kent County Sherriff's (I dont believe that KCSD has ruled anyone out entirely since the case has never been solved). Furthermore even though he has family here in Michigan he has never returned and some have speculated that he is afraid that if he were to return he might be brought in for questioning and that is why he has not come back.
    Are you saying that he can only be brought in for questioning IF he sets foot in Michigan? That doesn't ring true for me.

Hoppy

I liked the video, but would really like to see an LE contact phone number on it.

Ryder, are you related to Dean Pyle-Peters or were you are friend of the family? i am just curious. The video is nice. it was good of you to take the time to make it for her. I hope it helps.

No I am not a family member of Dean Marie's but got involved in the case several years later as I too have heard the rumors that several individuals have gone to police regarding. I have spoken to several detectives that were involved in the Peters case and will continue to do so until someone listens. For those of you that don't understand why detectives would sweep this case under the rug please read any and all searches regarding the Fryling Murder Case and that would give you a better understanding of why police will not go to Tennessee and question Mr. Bunch. Until we have proof (such as her remains) they will continue to do nothing but call this a cold case.

I will also tell you that I have not spoken to the family but after the article appeared in the Grand Rapids Press (Thanks to me) on her 25th anniversary I will tell you that I recieved a message from a close friend of Mrs. Peters that stated it will be individuals such as myself that continue to get media attention for this case and continuelly keeping this case in the fore front that will end up getting this case solved.

Thank you for your comment on the video and I also wanted to include the number but with as many changes with detectives and the number I thought it if anyone had information they would just call KCSD or silent observer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryder97
    Thank you for your comment on the video and I also wanted to include the number but with as many changes with detectives and the number I thought it if anyone had information they would just call KCSD or silent observer.
    I would put those phone numbers on there, then. I do not know what KCSD is, and some don't know about Silent Observer. We don't have that here in NE.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast