614 users online (60 members and 554 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    74

    Questions about this case

    The Ramsey case has been very intriguing to me especially over the past summer when a friend loaned my a DVD of a "tragic accident" of a little girl called Perfect Murder Perfect Town. I have written a report on the case and volunteered to present the case to my forensics class. Though there are a few questions I am still puzzled about. One is was JonBenet sexually assaulted or not, I've read multiple texts saying one or the other and am now deeply confused . The other is are they going to exhume JonBenet because I heard about that as well but haven't been able to find any more info on it. If anyone would be able to answer these questions it would be much appreciated. Thank u very much in advance!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Amongst the beautiful Washington Islands
    Posts
    2,492
    Quote Originally Posted by ManInTheBox
    The Ramsey case has been very intriguing to me especially over the past summer when a friend loaned my a DVD of a "tragic accident" of a little girl called Perfect Murder Perfect Town. I have written a report on the case and volunteered to present the case to my forensics class. Though there are a few questions I am still puzzled about. One is was JonBenet sexually assaulted or not, I've read multiple texts saying one or the other and am now deeply confused . The other is are they going to exhume JonBenet because I heard about that as well but haven't been able to find any more info on it. If anyone would be able to answer these questions it would be much appreciated. Thank u very much in advance!
    Well, all I can say about the sexual assault is this...in my town, if anyone stuck a stick up any girl or woman's vagina, alive or dead...it's sexual assault! And one would be prosecuted accordingly!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    maryland
    Posts
    1,832
    The question wasn't so much ,"was she sexually assaulted" it was a question of whether or not she was molested only during the murder ,suffering acute injury or in the days preceeding it as well.
    It has been proven she was penetrated by something, it is suggested because of the finding of a very minute fragment that it was a paintbrush but this is not conclusive evidence. Some suggest she was digitally penetrated and the small fragment was glitter or perhaps talc from a rubber glove. This indicates the fragment must have been almost microscopic. There is a piece of the paintbrush missing , which lends to the idea of the killer taking a souvenir after molesting her with same.
    There is one beaver fir found on the tape over her mouth and animal fur not sourced in her hands. (I find this interesting that it hasn't been sourced to anything in the Ramsey home)
    Read the old links to Rocky Mountain they cover a lot of information.
    This information is a bit biased toward an intruder IMO ,but clearly the detective who had the most experience suggests this is the case.
    http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drm...408302,00.html

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    74
    I dunno about Detective Lou Smit...something just rubs me the wrong way about him. Personally I have come to believe the parents did it. (Anyone who has read Steve Thomas' book would know why. My frined on the other hand believes an intruder commited the crime. The arguements we come up with ourselves are easily put into question by the other. I could imagine what it was like for the detectives. Though I believe the Boulder police department are a bunch of fools. In any case have any of u heard about them exhuming her body?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Amongst the beautiful Washington Islands
    Posts
    2,492
    Quote Originally Posted by sissi
    The question wasn't so much ,"was she sexually assaulted" it was a question of whether or not she was molested only during the murder ,suffering acute injury or in the days preceeding it as well.
    It has been proven she was penetrated by something, it is suggested because of the finding of a very minute fragment that it was a paintbrush but this is not conclusive evidence. Some suggest she was digitally penetrated and the small fragment was glitter or perhaps talc from a rubber glove. This indicates the fragment must have been almost microscopic. There is a piece of the paintbrush missing , which lends to the idea of the killer taking a souvenir after molesting her with same.
    There is one beaver fir found on the tape over her mouth and animal fur not sourced in her hands. (I find this interesting that it hasn't been sourced to anything in the Ramsey home)
    Read the old links to Rocky Mountain they cover a lot of information.
    This information is a bit biased toward an intruder IMO ,but clearly the detective who had the most experience suggests this is the case.
    http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drm...408302,00.html
    Thanks for the link, Sissi. It sure makes a strong case for the intruder!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by Fran Bancroft
    Thanks for the link, Sissi. It sure makes a strong case for the intruder!
    Indeed but still I think the parents were involved some how.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Amongst the beautiful Washington Islands
    Posts
    2,492
    Quote Originally Posted by ManInTheBox
    Indeed but still I think the parents were involved some how.
    Well, I suppose that if you have predetermined that they were involved, then your task is to do what the detectives have not been able to do...fabricate some convincing evidence and have the parents locked away!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    3,053
    Quote Originally Posted by ManInTheBox
    In any case have any of u heard about them exhuming her body?
    Welcome Man,

    It's not likely that exhumation of JonBenet would do any good. Under normal conditions, the putrefaction of the body of a buried adult is complete after about 10 years. The putrefaction of the body of a buried child is complete after about 5 years. JonBenet has been buried for going on 8 years.

    JMO

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by Fran Bancroft
    Well, I suppose that if you have predetermined that they were involved, then your task is to do what the detectives have not been able to do...fabricate some convincing evidence and have the parents locked away!
    This is true, the fact of the matter is. Well there is no solid evidence. The most convincing things are the fibers from Patsy's sweater on the duct tape (which she couldn't explain fully from what I hear) Also that they refuse polograph tests and keep revising their story. Even that is circumstancial. The fibers aren't something a trail could be based upon and even if it were the DAs of Boulder are scared to death of the Ramsey attorneys.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    3,475
    Here are some interesting links for you to check out. You cannot rely on any one book to be accurate. Most of them were biased by whatever the writer believed.....

    http://www.thesmokinggun.com/jonbene..._casefile.html
    contains...

    The Autopsy Report

    The Ransom Note

    The 3/97 Michigan Search Warrant

    The 1/97 Michigan Search Warrant

    The Colorado Search Warrants

    and of course the very best site on the entire web for all things JonBenet belongs to Auntie BJ http://www.acandyrose.com/index.htm

    If you need it she probably has it there.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Amongst the beautiful Washington Islands
    Posts
    2,492
    Quote Originally Posted by ManInTheBox
    This is true, the fact of the matter is. Well there is no solid evidence. The most convincing things are the fibers from Patsy's sweater on the duct tape (which she couldn't explain fully from what I hear) Also that they refuse polograph tests and keep revising their story. Even that is circumstancial. The fibers aren't something a trail could be based upon and even if it were the DAs of Boulder are scared to death of the Ramsey attorneys.
    Why would it be unusual for any fibers from Patsy's clothing to be about JB? I would expect her clothing fibers to be all over the house. So, PR's fibers mean nothing to me.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    74
    Acandyrose.com that has been my bible for my research project. It has provided me with just as much info as the movie and the book by Schiller and Thomas has if not more. Who did u say was the owner?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by Fran Bancroft
    Why would it be unusual for any fibers from Patsy's clothing to be about JB? I would expect her clothing fibers to be all over the house. So, PR's fibers mean nothing to me.
    They mean something to me if they were on the duct tape on here childs mouth. I heard there were four fibers on the tape. I can see one...but not four

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCrab
    Welcome Man,

    It's not likely that exhumation of JonBenet would do any good. Under normal conditions, the putrefaction of the body of a buried adult is complete after about 10 years. The putrefaction of the body of a buried child is complete after about 5 years. JonBenet has been buried for going on 8 years.

    JMO
    Thank u, and yes that's what I was thinking why would trhey need to exhume it. She would be all cleaned up and probably and as u have confirmed essentially useless. Oh well we'll see what happens

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    maryland
    Posts
    1,832
    Quote Originally Posted by ManInTheBox
    They mean something to me if they were on the duct tape on here childs mouth. I heard there were four fibers on the tape. I can see one...but not four
    There were four red fibers, Patsy's jacket was beige/red/black. I question why only the red fibers? Patsy and Priscilla owned almost identical jackets, Fleet touched the tape, why aren't they Priscilla's fibers? If the four red fibers are acrylic, can we say no one else wore red acrylic on Christmas day? Can we say it can be scientifically determined four red acrylic fibers from Patsy's sweater are chemically different from four red acrylic fibers from Fleet's scarf? I can put no weight into these fibers as evidence. The one beaver hair , now that's evidence!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast