2011.06.21 - SA investigating if Casey got defense theory from inmate.

WillenFan21

Reaction score
(SNIPPED)

A prosecutor in the Casey Anthony murder case revealed a surprising detail to Chief Judge Belvin Perry while jurors took a lunch break today.

Assistant State Attorney Linda Drane Burdick said an investigation was launched after authorities learned a woman who was booked into the Orange County Jail in April had a child who had drowned in the family's back yard pool and was found by his grandfather.

April Whalen's tragedy on Christmas Day 2007 in east Orange County has similarities to the scenario Casey Anthony defense attorney Jose Baez outlined during his opening statements about what happened to 2-year-old Caylee Marie Anthony.

Baez said Caylee drowned in the family pool, that her grandfather, George Anthony, helped dispose of the body.

It is not clear if information about the Dec. 25, 2007 drowning of 15-month-old Isaiah Whalen was conveyed indirectly to Casey Anthony, Burdick told Chief Judge Belvin Perry.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...anthony-trial-day-24-20110621,0,7984860.story

Why does this not surprise me??? :banghead:

When I hear this today it sent chills down my spine and made my stomach do the heave-ho! I have no doubt that some how, some way ICA heard this little tod bit and customized the story for her very own defense purposes. The first time JB opened his mouth during OS I knew it was all one big fat fabrication, pack of lies. Thank goodness for good citizens and I hope they will be able to make something of this!

Why does this not surprise me??? :banghead:

Right? Cause ICA is a <modsnip> who takes on one persona after another. Look at her defense table trying to be just like the young women working for the DT, it is disgusting. :banghead:

This is what I want to know....

If Casey is in "protective custody" and not allowed to converse with other inmates, how does she get access to this inmate to learn of the death of the child? When was she allowed to chat with this inmate? Forgive me for not remembering the names, but what about the interaction with the inmate that sent the letters to her father? KC sure is making alot of friends in prison when she is NOT supposed to be interacting with anyone.

I would think that the powers that be needs to re-evaluate the setup that they have ICA in at the jail. She has obviously learned how to "work around the system" so the system needs to be changed.

JMO,
BeagleMom

This is something I had been looking into... but cross referencing every inmate with every drowning is not really reasonable. So I could only look at the drownings that were determined to be crimes, negligent or otherwise.

I was wondering if maybe they could cross reference Dr G's records of accidental drownings with jail records and other ways that Casey may have met someone.

I'm glad to see they made a connection. Though, I'm a bit surprised to see it's from 2 years ago.

Also creepy... April's birthday is June 16th. (Booking information.)

I wonder if the little boy's drowning could have come up in conversation between a prison guard and KC?

I thought ICA was segregated the entire time she was incarcerated. What opportunity would she have to overhear this story? I'm not trying to debate the very real possibility she did fabricate someone else's truth into her 'story'. Just trying to understand the circumstances in how ICA could have obtained this info.

A miscommunication between several adults at the home left Isaiah Whalen unattended, and he fell into the water, a spokesman for the Sheriff's Office said in 2007.

Authorities think Isaiah may have been underwater for up to 20 minutes before he was found. The child was rushed to Florida Hospital East, where he later died.

BBM

see! that is what NORMAL people do when a chilld is found in a pool!!

I think the Defense will say that it is only coincidence and there is no proof that the story came from this inmate, drownings and grandfathers being common events and persons. But it may get the jury to thinking, if it is presented to them. Because as said above, Casey could have heard it second hand, even via a guard.

I thought ICA was segregated the entire time she was incarcerated. What opportunity would she have to overhear this story? I'm not trying to debate the very real possibility she did fabricate someone else's truth into her 'story'. Just trying to understand the circumstances in how ICA could have obtained this info.

From above article:

It does not appear that 30-year-old Whalen spoke directly to Casey Anthony. But officials are exploring whether Whalen had any indirect contact with Anthony through other inmates.

Maybe overheard or by passing notes as she did with Robyn Adams.

BBM

see! that is what NORMAL people do when a chilld is found in a pool!!
thanks for that, do you have a link? Yes, calling 911 would be the only decent thing to do.ETA: never mind, found it!!

Not sure how reliable this lady is, or if it's relevant, but this is RC's sister's statement that talks about how she passed notes for Casey in jail. I think LE makes a few statements about how they're investigating other reports of her (Casey) communicating with other prisoners.

Starts on page 29

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/Library...aida021810.pdf

From above article:

It does not appear that 30-year-old Whalen spoke directly to Casey Anthony. But officials are exploring whether Whalen had any indirect contact with Anthony through other inmates.

TY.

I saw that. I just thought ICA did not have contact with other inmates... maybe I am wrong. I haven't followed the case too closely prior to the start of the trial and perhaps it was a later date (after she may have learnt of this tragedy with this 17 mo old boy) that she was segrated from other inmates.

TY.

I saw that. I just thought ICA did not have contact with other inmates... maybe I am wrong. I haven't followed the case too closely prior to the start of the trial and perhaps it was a later date (after she may have learnt of this tragedy with this 17 mo old boy) that she was segrated from other inmates.

It could be. Gram has a good point though maybe she WAS passing notes in the jail again and that is how she found out.

It could be. Gram has a good point though maybe she WAS passing notes in the jail again and that is how she found out.

Agreed. Note passing happens all the time so it is very possible.

I didn't think Casey was smart enough to think the drowning story up by herself. Wow she is really is dumb as I thought she was.

I believe this is exactly where ICA got the idea from, she must have heard it through the grapevine in jail at some point, and since GA & CA stated to her that they heard that Caylee died in the pool during one of the jailhouse visits, ICA just ran with this theory and made it her own, like so many other of her lies they begin with a kernel of truth and she builds them up to suit her needs.

This is what I want to know....

If Casey is in "protective custody" and not allowed to converse with other inmates, how does she get access to this inmate to learn of the death of the child? When was she allowed to chat with this inmate? Forgive me for not remembering the names, but what about the interaction with the inmate that sent the letters to her father? KC sure is making alot of friends in prison when she is NOT supposed to be interacting with anyone.

I would think that the powers that be needs to re-evaluate the setup that they have ICA in at the jail. She has obviously learned how to "work around the system" so the system needs to be changed.

JMO,
BeagleMom

Let me update this from what I stated earlier....

If ICA picked this up from an inmate, notes being passed or a corrections officer, my point is, I thought she was segregated. I thought she wasn't permitted to pass notes, talk to inmates and corrections officers should not have casual conversations with segregated inmates. The COs should communicate on a professional level only. They should not be discussing other inmates situations.

If all of the above things are happening, ICA is not really segregated. She is being treated as a prima donna. She gets her own personal space and gets to entertain herself as she wants. The jail procedures need to be investigated.

Just my opinion, again.

BeagleMom

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk