799 users online (71 members and 728 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 49
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    682

    Baez interviews with Spanish media

    Link: Jose Baez: el hombre, tras Casey Anthony

    Clicking on the video opens it in a new, larger window. The interview is in Spanish, with English subtitles.

    Running the Spanish text from the article through Google Translate produced this:

    Jose Baez speaks attorney for Terra Casey Anthony

    By Erika Montoya

    (In an exclusive interview half in the United States, on June 19 from his home in Orlando, attorney Jose Baez gave Terra.com unique statements that can be viewed in its entirety in the video.)

    Jose Angel Baez was born in Puerto Rico in 1969. Once stated to the press, who grew up in the Bronx and in South Florida with his mother.

    He retired from Homestead High School in ninth grade. He was a father at 17 and joined the Navy in 1986. By 1997, graduated from St. Thomas University School of Law in Miami.

    Baez took 8 years to establish as a defense lawyer: Only until 2005 he was awarded the right to belong to the Bar of Florida (Florida Bar Association) essential distinction to practice in any state of the American union.
    <modsnip>
    Last edited by ynotdivein; 06-22-2011 at 05:15 PM. Reason: TOS: please quote 10% or less of entire article

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    The beautiful roundabout of Context, Veracity, and JUSTICE
    Posts
    11,424
    Hey Bullwinkle--good find! However, due to copyright laws we can only post 10% or less of the entire text of an article. I'm sure our fellow sleuthers will be intrepid enough to do the Google translation for themselves too, so that we can discuss.

    You can hold back from the suffering of the world. You have free permission to do so and it is in accordance with your nature.
    But perhaps this very holding back is the one suffering you could have avoided.
    Franz Kafka

    Be not simply good. Be good for something.
    HDT

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    682
    From the interview:

    Q: This might be a little delicate, but what makes you believe that Casey Anthony is innocent?

    A: I think I know the facts of this case better than anybody. My client has pleaded not guilty to these charges. This is why we're defending her. I believe in my clients. I trust them. If not, I won't work with them.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Sunshine State
    Posts
    438
    I like how his eyes dart down twice when answering if he believes that ICA is guilty.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    17,224
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullwinkle View Post
    From the interview:

    Q: This might be a little delicate, but what makes you believe that Casey Anthony is innocent?

    A: I think I know the facts of this case better than anybody. My client has pleaded not guilty to these charges. This is why we're defending her. I believe in my clients. I trust them. If not, I won't work with them.
    He thinks he knows the facts of this case better than anybody?

    Oh my... he must not read here. After his complaining that they gave him the whole hard drive and not the specific parts for June 16... when so many here know the details of June 16 already...

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Forest Dweller.
    Posts
    10,720
    He retired from Homestead High School in ninth grade

    Translation: HS drop out. Why does that not surprise me?
    People seldom do what they believe in. They do what is convenient, then repent. ~ Bob Dylan

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Hinky Hollow
    Posts
    15,013
    retired from high school...........
    If there's hink....there must be stink.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    6,871
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullwinkle View Post
    From the interview:

    Q: This might be a little delicate, but what makes you believe that Casey Anthony is innocent?

    A: I think I know the facts of this case better than anybody. My client has pleaded not guilty to these charges. This is why we're defending her. I believe in my clients. I trust them. If not, I won't work with them.
    Thank you for sharing this, Bullwinkle....

    Notice that the question he was asked was, [I]"What makes you believe that Casey is innocent" [I]but he doesn't really answer it.

    He states that she has pleaded not guilty. Well, yes, that is true.

    He declares that he knows the facts of this case better than anybody.

    He states that the reason they are defending her is because she pleaded not guilty to the charges.

    He claims to believe in his clients and trusts "them".

    Yet, he never answers the question. Never even says that he thinks she is innocent, let alone why.
    .... ....... My posts are my opinion, only.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    15,410
    So, this interview was done June 19, 2011 ... this past Sunday.

    No wonder he was not prepared for Court on Monday June 20 ...
    JMSSO = Just My Super Secret Opinion

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    The beautiful roundabout of Context, Veracity, and JUSTICE
    Posts
    11,424
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain_Kat View Post
    He retired from Homestead High School in ninth grade

    Translation: HS drop out. Why does that not surprise me?
    Oh, Mock Juror. There are so many things that will not surprise you, when they are finally revealed to you, some day in the increasingly-distant future...

    In all honesty, JB's story has so many of the trimmings of an archetypal "rags to riches" story. And they are mixed in with so many details of the archetypal Greek tragedy, particularly the hubris. I know many folks suspect that our interest in this case is somehow prurient or sensationalistic. Perhaps that's part of it. But this story is also playing out age-old motifs in a current setting, and illustrating themes that have fascinated the human mind for thousands and thousands of years.
    You can hold back from the suffering of the world. You have free permission to do so and it is in accordance with your nature.
    But perhaps this very holding back is the one suffering you could have avoided.
    Franz Kafka

    Be not simply good. Be good for something.
    HDT


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    5,229
    I would like to comment on the retired from High School bit but I would rather not get a TO! Oh mods how hard it has to be for all of us to not come out with it on that one.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Penn's woods
    Posts
    17,195
    raised by a single Mom, withdrew from high school, a teenage father, served in the Navy, graduated College/Law.

    Well to be honest, that's impressive. Even if he is a defense attn.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    sitting on a cornflake
    Posts
    2,371
    Quote Originally Posted by tehcloser View Post
    retired from high school...........
    He also appears to have retired from the practice of law.


    "I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character."
    -Martin Luther King, Jr.



  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    3,817
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullwinkle View Post
    Link: Jose Baez: el hombre, tras Casey Anthony

    Clicking on the video opens it in a new, larger window. The interview is in Spanish, with English subtitles.

    Running the Spanish text from the article through Google Translate produced this:

    Jose Baez speaks attorney for Terra Casey Anthony

    By Erika Montoya

    (In an exclusive interview half in the United States, on June 19 from his home in Orlando, attorney Jose Baez gave Terra.com unique statements that can be viewed in its entirety in the video.)

    Jose Angel Baez was born in Puerto Rico in 1969. Once stated to the press, who grew up in the Bronx and in South Florida with his mother.

    He retired from Homestead High School in ninth grade. He was a father at 17 and joined the Navy in 1986. By 1997, graduated from St. Thomas University School of Law in Miami.

    Baez took 8 years to establish as a defense lawyer: Only until 2005 he was awarded the right to belong to the Bar of Florida (Florida Bar Association) essential distinction to practice in any state of the American union.
    <modsnip>
    An interview "HALF in the United States"???? Where the heck did they conduct the other half?????

    Did Jose take another little prepaid vacation trip we didn't know about????

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    3,817
    Quote Originally Posted by tehcloser View Post
    retired from high school...........
    Followed by this statement...

    "Baez took 8 years to establish as a defense lawyer"

    No, I think the FL Bar Assoc GAVE him 8 years.....and numerous tries....

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Arias continues giving interviews to the media
    By nursebeeme in forum Travis Alexander Trial - The State vs. Jodi Arias
    Replies: 537
    Last Post: 05-28-2013, 06:45 PM
  2. Media Interviews with Case Players (SA/DT) ***Merged**
    By justanother in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 1215
    Last Post: 07-09-2011, 02:32 PM
  3. 2008.07 Old Media Interviews
    By marmar in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 163
    Last Post: 07-14-2010, 11:35 PM