Baez interviews with Spanish media

Bullwinkle

Reaction score
Link: Jose Baez: el hombre, tras Casey Anthony

Clicking on the video opens it in a new, larger window. The interview is in Spanish, with English subtitles.

Running the Spanish text from the article through Google Translate produced this:

Jose Baez speaks attorney for Terra Casey Anthony

By Erika Montoya

(In an exclusive interview half in the United States, on June 19 from his home in Orlando, attorney Jose Baez gave Terra.com unique statements that can be viewed in its entirety in the video.)

Jose Angel Baez was born in Puerto Rico in 1969. Once stated to the press, who grew up in the Bronx and in South Florida with his mother.

He retired from Homestead High School in ninth grade. He was a father at 17 and joined the Navy in 1986. By 1997, graduated from St. Thomas University School of Law in Miami.

Baez took 8 years to establish as a defense lawyer: Only until 2005 he was awarded the right to belong to the Bar of Florida (Florida Bar Association) essential distinction to practice in any state of the American union.
<modsnip>

Hey Bullwinkle--good find! However, due to copyright laws we can only post 10% or less of the entire text of an article. I'm sure our fellow sleuthers will be intrepid enough to do the Google translation for themselves too, so that we can discuss. ;)

:tyou:

From the interview:

Q: This might be a little delicate, but what makes you believe that Casey Anthony is innocent?

A: I think I know the facts of this case better than anybody. My client has pleaded not guilty to these charges. This is why we're defending her. I believe in my clients. I trust them. If not, I won't work with them.

I like how his eyes dart down twice when answering if he believes that ICA is guilty.

From the interview:

Q: This might be a little delicate, but what makes you believe that Casey Anthony is innocent?

A: I think I know the facts of this case better than anybody. My client has pleaded not guilty to these charges. This is why we're defending her. I believe in my clients. I trust them. If not, I won't work with them.

He thinks he knows the facts of this case better than anybody? :floorlaugh:

Oh my... he must not read here. After his complaining that they gave him the whole hard drive and not the specific parts for June 16... when so many here know the details of June 16 already... :innocent:

He retired from Homestead High School in ninth grade

Translation: HS drop out. Why does that not surprise me?

retired from high school...........:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

From the interview:

Thank you for sharing this, Bullwinkle....

Notice that the question he was asked was, "What makes you believe that Casey is innocent" but he doesn't really answer it.

He states that she has pleaded not guilty. Well, yes, that is true.

He declares that he knows the facts of this case better than anybody.

He states that the reason they are defending her is because she pleaded not guilty to the charges.

He claims to believe in his clients and trusts "them".

Yet, he never answers the question. Never even says that he thinks she is innocent, let alone why.

:waitasec: So, this interview was done June 19, 2011 ... this past Sunday.

:waitasec: No wonder he was not prepared for Court on Monday June 20 ...

Oh, Mock Juror. There are so many things that will not surprise you, when they are finally revealed to you, some day in the increasingly-distant future... ;)

In all honesty, JB's story has so many of the trimmings of an archetypal "rags to riches" story. And they are mixed in with so many details of the archetypal Greek tragedy, particularly the hubris. I know many folks suspect that our interest in this case is somehow prurient or sensationalistic. Perhaps that's part of it. But this story is also playing out age-old motifs in a current setting, and illustrating themes that have fascinated the human mind for thousands and thousands of years.

I would like to comment on the retired from High School bit but I would rather not get a TO! Oh mods how hard it has to be for all of us to not come out with it on that one. :floorlaugh:

raised by a single Mom, withdrew from high school, a teenage father, served in the Navy, graduated College/Law.

Well to be honest, that's impressive. Even if he is a defense attn. :wink: :)

Link: Jose Baez: el hombre, tras Casey Anthony

Clicking on the video opens it in a new, larger window. The interview is in Spanish, with English subtitles.

Running the Spanish text from the article through Google Translate produced this:

Jose Baez speaks attorney for Terra Casey Anthony

By Erika Montoya

(In an exclusive interview half in the United States, on June 19 from his home in Orlando, attorney Jose Baez gave Terra.com unique statements that can be viewed in its entirety in the video.)

Jose Angel Baez was born in Puerto Rico in 1969. Once stated to the press, who grew up in the Bronx and in South Florida with his mother.

He retired from Homestead High School in ninth grade. He was a father at 17 and joined the Navy in 1986. By 1997, graduated from St. Thomas University School of Law in Miami.

Baez took 8 years to establish as a defense lawyer: Only until 2005 he was awarded the right to belong to the Bar of Florida (Florida Bar Association) essential distinction to practice in any state of the American union.
<modsnip>

An interview "HALF in the United States"????:waitasec: Where the heck did they conduct the other half?????

Did Jose take another little prepaid vacation trip we didn't know about???? :floorlaugh:

retired from high school...........:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

Followed by this statement...

"Baez took 8 years to establish as a defense lawyer" :woohoo:

No, I think the FL Bar Assoc GAVE him 8 years.....and numerous tries....

I would like to comment on the retired from High School bit but I would rather not get a TO! Oh mods how hard it has to be for all of us to not come out with it on that one. :floorlaugh:

Tonight, I am very very proud of you Willenfan! :floorlaugh:

:waitasec: So, this interview was done June 19, 2011 ... this past Sunday.

:waitasec: No wonder he was not prepared for Court on Monday June 20 ...

I think he needed to find something to do when his plans were thwarted when Jeff Ashton sent him and Eikenwhoever away....

Hey wait....wasn't Sunday Father's Day...and isn't Jose a new father???? Priorities, man.......

From the interview:

Question to Baez: What what makes you so sure you know the facts of this case better than anybody?
Beaz Answer: Well, if you'll go back and look at my answer I didn't say that I was "sure" that I do, I said that I "think" I do. " (flashback of his statement in court the other day that his opening statement didn't give an exact time of death on the 16th) IMO :crazy:

Well, now who is surprised that he totally skipped over what he did between graduating law school and beginning to practice law. He acts as though there was no time lapse at all. What happened to the bikini stores, and sheesh what else was it? Well, whatever it was, he definitely was not practicing law between graduating and getting admitted into the bar. I guess he forgot about the other interview(s) he has given. IMO

How the heck do you get into Law school if you are a high school retiree/drop out?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rainydaze17
Back