IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
Re: the photo released Wednesday, 06-15-2011, of Lauren leaving Smallwood Apartments the evening of June 2, 2011.

http://www.idsnews.com/news/story.aspx?id=81929

257055720-08091055.jpg

http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-laur...r-missing-iu-student-20110608,0,1261306.story

Bloomington Police search for missing 20 year old woman
Lauren Spierer, age 20.
She is a white female, 4 feet 11 inches tall, slender build, has blue eyes and long blonde hair. She is listed as a student according to IU Bloomington's website.
Spierer was last seen walking south on College Avenue from 11th Street on her way back to her apartment in Smallwood Plaza, located on College Avenue.
She did not arrive to her apartment and video footage does not show her entering the apartment complex.
Spierer was wearing a white tank top with a loose, light colored button shirt over it and full length black stretch pants. She was not wearing shoes.

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6

Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9
Media Links
Photos

Please continue here...

Thanks, Bessie...
Hoping something (or someone) breaks before next PC on Friday...
Gets difficult just throwing the same things out there over and over, when there are no answers...

Is the only reason that people are wondering if AA is the mystery man from the witness account based on the fact that he is "dark skinned", or does the rest of the description fit? (sideburns, height, etc.)?

For the record, I don't find his account about the keys at all weird. Living in an area with a lot of students, it is not uncommon to find lost keys, student cards, or random pieces of lost clothing etc., and people often just scoop them up and put them over the closest fence, railing, or tree branch along that path so that someone retracing their steps might easily spot them. I'm sure the conversation with his friend happened after the keys had been found and identified as Lauren's, so again, not weird to me at all that they would have both reflected on seeing them in the alley on their way home that night.

Thanks, Bessie...
Hoping something (or someone) breaks before next PC on Friday...
Gets difficult just throwing the same things out there over and over, when there are no answers...
I know, clu. Same thing we see time and time again when the news stops coming and everyone is so anxious for a resolution. We keep reaching the same dead ends and start looking for new places to dig, and usually come up empty handed because there's so little to go on.

I think the amount of information about the night in question has been amazing. If we have that much info, I cannot imagine what LE knows. If there is anyone reading this that has any information, no matter how unrelated it is to a crime, please realize that it is much better if LE hears it from you, rather than having to come find you and ask you about it. You will be so much more believable if you volunteer information rather than run and hide and hope they don't come talk to you. All her friends should be calling - not just the guilty parties, if any are, but all those that were around the circles involved here.
off the soap box now:seeya:

I believe the description of the 'mystery man' (whose existence I am not wholly convinced of, especially after today's press conference) could also fit another neighbor of CR/MB and JR's, who I understand to be a potential witness but not apparently anyone involved.

Responding to elmomom from previous thread...

"Maybe because neither was a high risk - JR is the one claiming to be with her last. I think HT had that story fairly early on, even if we didn't. And JW is the boyfriend. Suspect #1 statistically. Also, maybe iether MB or CR insisted on taking one against legal advice, and one verifies the other, so less risk for the 2nd."

That sounds reasonable to me. Though it doesn't change the fact that, circumstances aside, they are all equally subject to the possibility of a false negative.

"Can you do the same for JR? I can't."

I think so - their inability to verify the veracity of the 4:30 claim, combined with their failure to indicate that he has cooperated in any fashion, something they have indicated with respect to JW.

"I can say that: (and someone backed me up with a quote that I don't recall when I said this previously) the parents of LS changed their tune slightly about JW."

I believe I said this before, but it is my strong and contemporary impression that they have not. Disbelieve me if you wish (and I concede the possibility I may be incorrect).

Bloomington police say search for Lauren Spierer has moved into a new phase

http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-lauren-spierer-bloomington-police-say-search-for-lauren-spierer-has-moved-into-a-new-phase-20110622,0,5456185.story

Bloomington, Ind.— Bloomington police said Wednesday that their search for missing IU coed Lauren Spierer has moved into a new phase now that most of the young woman's friends and the witnesses to her last hours in town have departed for the summer.

"There are many things going on with this interview behind the scenes," said Blommington Police Department Captain Joe Qualters. "(There have) been a number of interviews that have been completed not only with individuals that we knew to be with Lauren prior to her disappearnce but also with people in that secondary tier as well."

Qualters said there are one or two potential witnesses that investigators have not yet interviewed. Based on the information from that ring of sources, detectives may decide to re-interview what they are calling first tier individuals. That would include Spierer's boyfriend Jesse Wolff who was the person to report her missing on the afternoon of June 3.

Wolff returned home to Port Washington, New York, within days of Spierer's disappearance but his roommates cleared out of their off campus rental home this week.

Last week, one of Wolff's roommates told Fox59 News he had not been interviewed by police but last saw wolff at 2:30 a.m., just a couple of hours before Spierer was reportedly last seen.

Charlene Spierer had harsh words for her daughter's friends and their level of cooperation with the case during a news conference Wednesday.

"I am extremely disappointed by the fact that only one of Lauren's friends have called the Bloomington Police Department with information. I'm extremely disappointed and my question to all of you is why? Because as I've said before I can guarentee you Lauren would've been the first to call," Charlene said.

"Can you do the same for JR? I can't."

I think so - their inability to verify the veracity of the 4:30 claim, combined with their failure to indicate that he has cooperated in any fashion, something they have indicated with respect to JW.

Well, the difference between this and any other POI is that he is providing an unsubstantiated piece of the timeline. For instance there is no reason for them to recount where MB said he was, or JW etc. This is a statement that goes directly to LS and her whereabouts, so there is much more reason to discuss it publicly. I don't think they have discussed much of anyone's statements publicly unless they were part of the timeline.

"I can say that: (and someone backed me up with a quote that I don't recall when I said this previously) the parents of LS changed their tune slightly about JW."

I believe I said this before, but it is my strong and contemporary impression that they have not. Disbelieve me if you wish (and I concede the possibility I may be incorrect).

And mine is only based on a feeling, so this is less important to me.

But it is entirely possible that LE has cleared JW and refuses to let on - to keep everyone off guard. Everyone is still in play in my mind :crazy::crazy:

Hi all - have been following these threads - this may be old info or no info - but tony gatto is listed as a FB friend of AA -? Can someone fill me in (briefly)?

Although unlikely, I guess I'm open to the possibility that in her condition, she was the victim of a weird accident of some sort, such as falling into an open manhole cover that was replaced afterwards (or something on that order, as in stuck or injured somewhere hidden that she can't/couldn't get out of).

However, my gut feeling is something to do with the circle of people she hung out with that night.

Innocent or guilty, I think JR is in a tight corner right now.

All just MOO

I missed the press conference this morning, but read Mrs. Spierer's quote in Blazelet's linked article.

I don't understand exactly what she's saying - all the friends were already interviewed. If they didn't have additional information to give, they wouldn't call LE. The one friend apparently came across some kind of additional information that he/she felt was relevant, so they called LE.

Am I missing something?

I'm not sure what they mean by a "new phase"...haven't they been doing the things they are doing now, all along? Do they mean less searching? That always seems to happen at about this point, if not sooner, when searching changes to specific tip-based searches only...how sad.

Well, the difference between this and any other POI is that he is providing an unsubstantiated piece of the timeline. For instance there is no reason for them to recount where MB said he was, or JW etc. This is a statement that goes directly to LS and her whereabouts, so there is much more reason to discuss it publicly. I don't think they have discussed much of anyone's statements publicly unless they were part of the timeline.

Of course. Just as JW doesn't show up on the timeline at all. But CR (to the extent not imparied), MB, DR and HT all have info re LS's location at various times that evening, and none of it appears on the timeline.

I missed the press conference this morning, but read Mrs. Spierer's quote in Blazelet's linked article.

I don't understand exactly what she's saying - all the friends were already interviewed. If they didn't have additional information to give, they wouldn't call LE. The one friend apparently came across some kind of additional information that he/she felt was relevant, so they called LE.

Am I missing something?

I read it as her indicating that they know things they aren't sharing ... but maybe I'm reading the wrong context.

Am I missing something?

I am just guessing, but I think she feels that more people know certain things about relationships with Lauren to some of the POI's etc...just details that LE needs and can't be sure they are getting the true story about...and that she feels people who are close to Lauren should be involved even if they were not there that specific night...IMO...

I read it as her indicating that they know things they aren't sharing ... but maybe I'm reading the wrong context.

I think that's what she's saying, too. But does she KNOW that, or is she just hoping they know more? I think chances are really high that they don't know anything relevant that they haven't told already. The tone of her quote, to me, sounds like she expected ALL of them to call LE again, stating that Lauren would if she were in their place.

I'm not sure what they mean by a "new phase"...haven't they been doing the things they are doing now, all along? Do they mean less searching? That always seems to happen at about this point, if not sooner, when searching changes to specific tip-based searches only...how sad.

The article said the search this morning just had a few dozen people - sharp drop from hundreds last week.

New Phase? They've canvased all of bloomington, interviewed all the most likely candidates, followed up on the most obvious tips and no answers. Now they have to be more focused as resources will dwindle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drury Lane