CO - Civil Rape Trial of Kobe Bryant (Charges Dropped)

Reaction score
Am I missing something? I can't find a thread on this site that discusses the Kobe Bryant case. I had a question regarding the victim's blood on Kobe's t-shirt. Did the blood get on the shirt while he was wearing it, or was it in the bathroom and she maybe used the shirt to wipe off with? Please let me know if and where there is a websleuths discussion thread on this case. I'm probably looking right at it and will feel silly having asked... :confused: Thank you. Peace, beatlegirl

therealbeatlegirl said:
Am I missing something? I can't find a thread on this site that discusses the Kobe Bryant case. I had a question regarding the victim's blood on Kobe's t-shirt. Did the blood get on the shirt while he was wearing it, or was it in the bathroom and she maybe used the shirt to wipe off with? Please let me know if and where there is a websleuths discussion thread on this case. I'm probably looking right at it and will feel silly having asked... :confused: Thank you. Peace, beatlegirl

Me neither, I am guessing we discuss under trials, but I really dont understand, there is a Michael Jackson thread, & a Scott Peterson, Ramsey Case. I think they should make a Kobe Bryant sex scandel thread.

Levi,
Thanks for responding. I know this site could add a lot to my knowledge of the Kobe investigation and upcoming trial if it were discussed. Maybe this thread will get the ball rolling. Peace, Dinah

There was a thread but when things were modified i believe it was gone.

Ask admin if they are going to start a new one.

IMHO, I think the man is guilty but I think he will get off just because of who he is.

This is a classic case of He said/She said.

mommyd said:
IMHO, I think the man is guilty but I think he will get off just because of who he is.

I have visited another website that discusses this case in-depth and has posted a question/answer session with the author of the book "Kobe Bryant: The Game of His Life." The author (can't remember his name but can supply the link if anyone is interested) stated that the outcome of the trial, or even if there is a trial (instead of a plea bargin) will depend on what evidence is deemed admitted by the Judge, most importantly Kobe's initial interview with police in which he hesitated for 30 seconds before answering "No" when asked if the girl ever said stop or no. Peace, beatlegirl

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5070072/

"Tests show that traces of two other men's sperm were found in her body, MSNBC-TV reported, whereas it had previously been reported that the sperm was found only in her underwear. "

"In the hearing Thursday, Bryant’s attorneys asked a judge to order a co-worker and a former boyfriend of a woman accusing the NBA star of rape to submit DNA samples, saying they could prove she lied about her sex life.

Defense attorney Hal Haddon told Judge Terry Ruckriegle that one of the men has already agreed. But an attorney for the other man — former boyfriend Matt Herr — said such an order would violate Herr’s constitutional rights.

Ruckriegle did not immediately rule."

No trial date set yet.

mommyd said:

Yep, it sure is. However, every now and then it is the woman who isn't speaking the truth. I'm leaning toward not guilty, rape doesn't fit his personality but lying seems to fit hers. Of course I could be wrong.

When I first heard this case I had a theory:

I thought the victim was impressed with his celebrity and flirtations went to his room with him and got caught up in the moment and started having sex with Kobe. I think Kobe might like it on the rough side and this scared this young women. Sex can be painful even if it is consensual add in the strength of a professional athlete and it could be trouble. I also think women can have many things on their minds during sex and if she has any morals maybe she remembered this was a married man and she started feeling bad. Many things could have made her change her mind. I could see Kobe not stopping when asked or the girl not even verbalizing "No".

This is just my imagination has nothing to do with evidence.

Some of the young woman's "friends" have stepped forward saying she is bipolar and on a powerful drug called Risperdal, that she is a liar (perhaps because of the illness). I don't know what the truth is. (And I don't want friends like that.) The latest wrinkle is that the judge will examine the text messages from her cell phone. Defense believes she sent messages after the "incident" with KB.

News, I hear what you are saying about not wanting friends like that.....but no way would I let a man innocent of rape go to jail for it. However much I loved my friend, if I knew she was lying, I would say so and indeed, testify to that.

Even if he is found not guilty, (which I think he IS not guilty) his life is ruined.

If this girl IS lying, I have to say, I hope the tabloids have a field day with it.

I wonder if this gal has really thought about what she will go through if Kobe is found innocent? She will be eaten alive, burned at the stake......

Kobe has some kick butt attorney's that will aggressively defend him.

If she is bipolar she could like the drama of this trial, the high from this may out weigh common sense. Jeez, how terrible this thing could get.

I read an article in a magazine the other day that said that the sex was consentual until Kobe ejaculated semen onto her face. That's when things turned. I don't know what to believe anymore. Makes sense, sort of...

Sariebell, I imagine if it went to that "stage" it was probably over at that point. Can't change your mind after the fact... Maybe that's what's going on with her. I can see that the whole episode may have been so far out of her expectations that she felt she had to accuse to make herself feel better. Don't know. Being a woman myself though I can tell you that if I had been raped, or even in a situation that was consentual but just hurt me, I would not be running out and having relations with anyone else right away. That's what gets me. If it is proven that she did sleep with one or more men within hours of allegedly being raped then there is no way that I could even consider her rape allegation as being true if I were a juror.

A girlfriend of mine bruises very easily and every time she has sex she gets terrible bruising on her inner thighs and knees. She looks like she was roughed up something awful. She only shared this with me cuz I noticed the bruising when she was wearing shorts and we are close friends. I often teased her about "getting some" whenever I saw bruises on her legs or knees.

Can you imagine if someone like my friend accused someone and had all those bruises to back her story up? Rape is so hard to prove.

sariebell said:
I read an article in a magazine the other day that said that the sex was consentual until Kobe ejaculated semen onto her face. That's when things turned. I don't know what to believe anymore. Makes sense, sort of...

I'd love to know when that happened since according to her story and HIS, he bent her over a chair and "entered" from behind.

Bi-polar conditions are so common that a good 10% of the population is afflicted. And there are more untreated, undiagnosed, or misdiagnosed cases of bi-polarism than there are reported and treated cases. There needs to be some serious education in this country, mandatory, on mental illness and the myths and realities.

Jack said:
I'm leaning toward not guilty, rape doesn't fit his personality

Whose personality does rape "fit"? Do you know Kobe Bryant personally? Does double murder fit the personality of pre 1994 OJ Simpson?

MysteryMomma said:
Sex can be painful even if it is consensual add in the strength of a professional athlete and it could be trouble.

Do professional athletes have sex differently than the rest of us?? If they do... such as excessively rough... should this be expected because, after all, they are professional athletes. :confused: And remember... according to the defense, this girl is an absolute *advertiser censored*. By now she should be three times the size (in diameter vaginally) of "good" or "wholesome" 19 or 20-year-olds. So what made her bleed?

MysteryMomma said:
I also think women can have many things on their minds during sex and if she has any morals maybe she remembered this was a married man and she started feeling bad.

OK... so now Kobe shouldn't be "feeling bad" that he happens to be the only one of this duo who is married and cheating... instead SHE should take over in the guilt department and feel remorseful for hurting this other woman she doesn't know. But remember??... She's a *advertiser censored*! She doesn't care who she hurts. And besides... the remedy for aleviating guilt caused by cheating with this married man is now to accuse him of rape?? THAT is suppose to make his wife... whom you feel sympathy for... feel so much better? How does this make sense?

There is an awful lot of victim blaming and "comfortable denial" going on in this case. Rape, unlike any other crime, brings scorn upon the victim, especially when the offender is someone we prefer to look up to. It's her fault because she went in his room in the first place. It's her fault because she didn't scream or fight enough. It's her fault because she has had sex willingly with people in the past.

Absolutely EVERY effort will be made to divert attention from the person who actually committed the crime. And while every creative explanation is being asserted to show how she did everything wrong and practically requested rape... every creative excuse in the book will be asserted to lessen the culpability of the offender... such as "He didn't hear her say no"... "He thought she was into it"... "A lot of women cry during sex"... "Men can't turn it off once they get to a certain point"... :sick:

The reality is that three times as many rapes occur than are reported. Women and young girls avoid reporting rape because they fear they will not be believed... and they are rarely proved wrong in that belief. Statistics recorded over thirty years time indicate that less than one percent of rapes that are reported turn out to be false accusations. More than 90% of men who are aquitted on a rape charge because a jury fails to believe the victim, will be in court again charged with rape within 7 years. One can only imagine how many unreported rapes happened in the interim. 87% of rapists are successful, thought highly of, and law abiding in every other aspect of their lives. They are all races, all classes, and all ages.

Jack said:
Sariebell, I imagine if it went to that "stage" it was probably over at that point. Can't change your mind after the fact... Maybe that's what's going on with her. I can see that the whole episode may have been so far out of her expectations that she felt she had to accuse to make herself feel better. Don't know. Being a woman myself though I can tell you that if I had been raped, or even in a situation that was consentual but just hurt me, I would not be running out and having relations with anyone else right away. That's what gets me. If it is proven that she did sleep with one or more men within hours of allegedly being raped then there is no way that I could even consider her rape allegation as being true if I were a juror.[/QUOTE]

Jack, neither could I.

Babcat said:
Whose personality does rape "fit"? Do you know Kobe Bryant personally? Does double murder fit the personality of pre 1994 OJ Simpson?

The reality is that three times as many rapes occur than are reported. Women and young girls avoid reporting rape because they fear they will not be believed... and they are rarely proved wrong in that belief. Statistics recorded over thirty years time indicate that less than one percent of rapes that are reported turn out to be false accusations. More than 90% of men who are aquitted on a rape charge because a jury fails to believe the victim, will be in court again charged with rape within 7 years. One can only imagine how many unreported rapes happened in the interim. 87% of rapists are successful, thought highly of, and law abiding in every other aspect of their lives. They are all races, all classes, and all ages.

Nope, don't know Kobe personally but he didn't have the bad boy rep most pro sports figures have. And you know, during OJ's trial I was convinced his son had something to do with the murders...

Also, your stats on rape are interesting but it doesn't erase the fact that some women lie, and some would stoop so low as to cry rape when it wasn't so just to get attention and sympathy. Some are simply so selfish that they would sacrafice another's reputation to save their own. I had a friend in college who did that very thing. Got-it-on on a Saturday night, very much anticipated and willingly I might add, with a guy she'd has a crush on for months. However, when morning came and unexpected visitors showed up at her dorm room to find her "with company" she flipped out and accused him of rape so her visitors (family members) wouldn't go back home and tell everyone she was caught in bed with someone. She eventually confessed but that poor boy went through hell and back. It's people like that who should be blamed for others being afraid to report. And people like that are the reason that an alleged rape under questionable circumstances shouldn't automaticly be believed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back