756 users online (104 members and 652 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Kimberlyd125 is offline Softball is for everyone. Fast pitch is for athletes.

Glen Campbell diagnosed with Alzheimer's

Glen Campbell diagnosed with Alzheimer's

NEW YORK (AP) -- Country music legend Glen Campbell has been diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease, and will put out his final album this summer.

Campbell's representative Bobbie Gale made the announcement Wednesday. The disease is in its early stages.

Praying for Mr. Campbell and his family.
    Glove Findin'
    Uniform Washin'
    Gatorade Gettin'
    Picture Takin'
    Always Cheerin'

Softball Mom

Rhinestone Cowboy has been going through my head all afternoon.

Mine too Charlie.
    It's so sad.

What a natural talent.

Seems he plans on "going on with the show"! I wish him well and I hope he has lots of years left to entertain us.
    Glove Findin'
    Uniform Washin'
    Gatorade Gettin'
    Picture Takin'
    Always Cheerin'

Softball Mom

I had such a crush on Glen Campbell when I was a kid. Please tell me I'm not the only one who remembers his TV show!!!!

I wish him nothing but the best. I don't think he's had an easy time of it. And I do hope this tour is HIS idea!

IMO, "Gentle on My Mind" is one of the best songs ever! And "Galveston." And "Country Boy." And "By the Time I get to Phoenix."

I am very sad to hear this.

I really like him!

I wish him peace and hope he has an easy time of it. I can't wait to hear his new album!

What a super talent!
    fran

Very sad news.

Sad, just sad! Nice man.........

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy1 View Post
    I had such a crush on Glen Campbell when I was a kid. Please tell me I'm not the only one who remembers his TV show!!!!

I wish him nothing but the best. I don't think he's had an easy time of it. And I do hope this tour is HIS idea!

IMO, "Gentle on My Mind" is one of the best songs ever! And "Galveston." And "Country Boy." And "By the Time I get to Phoenix."

Tragic shame! Well at least we have Scotty McCreery to fill the void!
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie

Stellar career and a most troubled personal past.

His music (guitar or later as singer) sits on one of the higher shelves.

I wish the best for him.

http://music.msn.com/music/article.a...ENTERTAINMENT2

Glen Campbell's Musical Farewell

On "Strong," a track from Glen Campbell's superb new - and final - album, he plaintively sings to his wife: "This is not the road I wanted for us, but now that it's here, I want to make one thing perfectly clear. All I want to be for you is strong."

Despite the devastating diagnosis, which he and his wife of 29 years, Kim Woollen, announced earlier this year, Campbell is relentlessly upbeat during a recent interview in the living room of his spacious Malibu home. Tanned and relaxed after a round of golf earlier in the day, he is just as likely to burst into a Daffy Duck impersonation as he is to answer a question. Mention a song and he starts to sing it, rather than talk about it. Even when he forgets a question just asked, he remains jovial and undaunted.

***this article has a LOT of info in it.
    Great read.
    Glove Findin'
    Uniform Washin'
    Gatorade Gettin'
    Picture Takin'
    Always Cheerin'

Softball Mom

my fav singer from my earliest memories, would alternate between Wichita Lineman and Love Child on my mother's 8 track tape player. i was most upset when i heard he died in true grit (thought it was real).

The songs from Glen Campbell's new album are superb! Just what one would hope for. I knew I was gonna hit the Buy key before getting even halfway thru the Sampler at amazon, and such a deal on the MP3 version too! ;-)

There's a free bonus track of the title tune as well.

Galveston is my favorite. Prayers for him and his family.

Oh yes I remember that show! I was a kid, but loved it. He had great guest, including the OSMOND Brothers! LOL In fact, last year I rented some DVD's of Glen's old shows. I got them from Net Flicks.

I also rented a DVD of him in concert with an orchestra. It was GREAT. I can't recall the city, but I think it was in the west, like Montana or South Dakota. It was filmed around 2002, I think. He was just wonderful. I think I may actually purchase that DVD. He does all his big hits on it and the sound is wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by shana View Post
    The songs from Glen Campbell's new album are superb! Just what one would hope for. I knew I was gonna hit the Buy key before getting even halfway thru the Sampler at amazon, and such a deal on the MP3 version too! ;-)

There's a free bonus track of the title tune as well.
    wow, just got the cd today (gift from hubby) and im settin here bawlin my eyes out...

about 11 years ago i was very badly injured by an ex bf. i was doa at the hospital, and they really didnt think they could bring me back, but they did. was still in coma, supposedly brain dead, but alive. they got hold of my auntie to come and see me before they took my organs. she wouldnt give up on me. she screamed and fussed and made it so bad that they decided that if i could breathe on my own, they would back off. well, i could breathe. they wouldnt let her stay all the time, so she went home and made cassette tapes of voices and songs. my friends talking, joking and horsing around, my miss sadie (closest thing to a grama i have) reading her bible. and music, hours of music. a lot of it was glen. the beatles, peter paul and mary, meatloaf LOL i have weird and varied tastes.

anyway i feel like all those artists helped me come back to the world. it took 23 days but i woke up. badly scarred and a lot of mental difficulties, but im here.

i only wish i could do something for glen to help him hold his memories, but thats not really possible. i hope his famile is patient and loving for him.

gonna go cry somemore...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast