832 users online (174 members and 658 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

"And she will be just like she was"

I think it was in one of the jail conversations with her parents, I remember Casey saying Caylee will be found and she will be just like she was. (TIA for anyone able to provide the correct link.) That phrase stuck in my mind & later made sense in the context of the last time she had contact with little Caylee, tossing the stinking package of remains into the woods.

Sorry to add a new thread to the bajillion others, but this has been on my mind & I haven't seen an appropriate place to mention it. Did anyone else pick up on that comment & what do you make of it? Also " I think she's not far away" or something like that. We know that one iota of fact can become the jumping off place for Casey's... um... fertile imagination.

And speaking of a bajillion threads.... a very sad, but perhaps a nice tribute to the fact that Caylee matterred to everyone except the egg donor..... who will make the one millionth post? The current count is almost 958 thousand & moving fast.

If I had a child and my child went missing, I would Not BE confident in saying either of those things. Heck, if my DOG went missing, I would be a WRECK, and would be going nuts trying to find her and hope nothing bad happened to her.

Both of those lines stick in my head quite clearly and it has always bothered me. She will be like she was? huh? I also hate how she says "I can't wait to see *THAT* little girl. When I talk about my son I say "Can't wait to see my boy, my baby boy, my little man etc. "MY" being the term I use - not "that". I see a lot of disassociation with Caylee when she speaks about her.
    Last edited by MaraSleuth; 06-23-2011 at 12:25 PM. Reason: typo edit

Quote Originally Posted by noZme View Post
    I think it was in one of the jail conversations with her parents, I remember Casey saying Caylee will be found and she will be just like she was. (TIA for anyone able to provide the correct link.) That phrase stuck in my mind & later made sense in the context of the last time she had contact with little Caylee, tossing the stinking package of remains into the woods.

Sorry to add a new thread to the bajillion others, but this has been on my mind & I haven't seen an appropriate place to mention it. Did anyone else pick up on that comment & what do you make of it? Also " I think she's not far away" or something like that. We know that one iota of fact can become the jumping off place for Casey's... um... fertile imagination.

And speaking of a bajillion threads.... a very sad, but perhaps a nice tribute to the fact that Caylee matterred to everyone except the egg donor..... who will make the one millionth post? The current count is almost 958 thousand & moving fast.
    I think you will find there are a few who have a problem with the "tossing the stinking ....". It is just horrible to speak of Caylee that way. Sorry. but it is.

Solace, I am sure you are right but I meant no disrespect to Caylee. My phrasing was meant to represent my concept of Casey's attitude.

I apologize to anyone unpet by my seemingly insensitive remark.

I remember well the "she will be like she was" but have heard nobody else make note of it or even mention it. Thanks for doing so!

Solace, I am sure you are right but I meant no disrespect to Caylee. My phrasing was meant to represent my concept of Casey's attitude.

I didn't think it was insensitive at all. Murder is ugly.
    If there's hink....there must be stink.

I took no offense by it. It is what Casey did. I find offense to what she did, but not to your restating it.

I remember that.

Something about the phrase strikes me as meaning that when Casey last saw Caylee...Caylee was at that point in time...in some different state.

This seems to indicate the Baby will change back...will be.... just as she was...in the same way you might tell someone whose home was destroyed by a tornado..."Next year, it will be just as it was before."

Don't worry about it, by the time Caylee got dumped in the woods she was a stinking mass instead of the beautiful little girl who asked Pop Pop if he was tired. Caylee's in a better place now and I don't feel speaking the truth is disrespectful.

BTW, I mentioned the "just as she was" remark quite a while back and so have others. "Just as she was," yeah, right. That's the only thing I've heard ICA say that showed any understanding of what had actually happened to "that little girl".

My opinion only

The only thing that comes to mind for me with the 'she will be like she was' comment was something along the lines of refering to the next life for those who are believers. Though I don't know why ICA would believe she would make it there to see Caylee in the next life.

JMO
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Quote Originally Posted by Mara232 View Post
    Both of those lines stick in my head quite clearly and it has always bothered me. She will be like she was? huh? I also hate how she says "I can't wait to see *THAT* little girl. When I talk about my son I say "Can't wait to see my boy, my baby boy, my little man etc. "MY" being the term I use - not "that". I see a lot of disassociation with Caylee when she speaks about her.
    If you go back to the videoed jail visits with CA & GA, they also refer to Caylee as "That little girl", which really upsets me. I've often wondered if this is the way they referred to her at home. Sad, just sad. I would never refer to my child or grandchild as "that".
    Why can't they hear the children's voices?

I was actually just thinking about that phrase last night. It has stood out in my mind since the moment she said it. And I always thought it was odd and disturbing. "She will be just as she was"....I have no idea what she meant or what she was thinking. But the fact that she knew her daughter was lying out in the woods decomposing, and she made that statement; it is just sick and twisted.

I always took that comment to mean "and she'll be just like she was before (I wrapped duct tape around her head and killed her)"...
    That was just another 'fantasy' lie.

I think you have to read it in the context of what you meant as if this was coming from KC. KC did, in fact, use squirrels as an excuse as to the "stink" in her car. I think KC is the insensitive one and you were just trying to point that out and I got it. Thanks

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast