Identified! NY - Hamilton Hts, NYC, Blk/HispFem UP5214, 20-30, earring w/ 'Julissa', Apr'04 - Name Withheld

LilacStar79

Reaction score
Doe Network: http://doenetwork.org/hot/hotcase2012.html

**Post Mortem Photo at Following Link**
https://identifyus.org/cases/5214

The Doe Network: Hot Case 2012

Unidentified White or Hispanic Female

•The victim was discovered on April 27, 2004 in New York, New York County, New York.
•Estimated Date of Death: 2004.
•State of Remains: Recognizable face.
•Cause of Death: Strangulation.

Vital Statistics

•Estimated age: 20-35 years old.
•Approximate Height and Weight: 5'4" to 5'7" and 150-175 lbs.
•Distinguishing Characteristics: Shoulder-length brown hair and brown eyes.
•Marks, scars: Scars on the left hand at the base of the middle finger
and first finger; scar on the left wrist. A carving of what appears to be a "J & M" on her arm.
•Clothing: Tan and black short sleeved shirt, white thermal top, black thermal top,
gray sport bra, one white sock (right foot), and one gray sock (right foot). With, but not on the body
were one gray sock and a green/gray jacket
•Jewelry: Golden hoop earring with "Julissa" emblazoned on it was found close to her body.
•Dentals: Available. X-rays available.
•DNA: mtDNA and nucDNA available at FBI NMPDD.
•Fingerprints: Available.

Case History

The victim was found on the street between two parked cars on 617 141st Street near a residential building in Hamilton Heights.
A tenant in the building rented a room from apartment 64 to three men so that they could "party and have sex" with the decedent.
An argument broke out and tenant was forced to help wrap the body and leave it on the street with the garbage.

She was remembered in the neighborhood as a local woman who spoke Spanish with a Dominican accent. She may have gone by the name Julissa.

Investigators
If you have any information about this case please contact:
Investigating Agency:
New York County Medical Examiner's Office
212-447-2770
Benjamin Figura
Email

You may remain anonymous when submitting information.

Agency Case Number: M04-02424; NamUs 5214

Source Information:
NamUs

Here's a facial reconstruction for this UID. I'll call her "Julissa Doe"

0579334f-bb7e-470a-b41b-61df8fdde467.jpg

Her ruleouts:

Mindy Arnett 1981 Michigan
Rachel Good 1983 Virginia
Carmen Hetrick 1956 Colorado
Jodi Huisentruit 1968 Iowa
Deborah Johnson 1971 Arizona
Suzanne Lyall 1978 New York
Maura Murray 1982 Massachusetts
Patricia Viola 1958 New Jersey

Many of these don't appear particularly likely to speak Spanish with a Dominican accent.

:bump: for image revision of "Julissa Doe".

I haven't revised this one in quite awhile. It was much needed.

Here's a facial reconstruction for this UID. I'll call her "Julissa Doe"

0579334f-bb7e-470a-b41b-61df8fdde467.jpg

I notice Namus says "20 to 30 year old White Female" and Doenetwork says "white or hispanic" but the header on this thread says black.

I notice Namus says "20 to 30 year old White Female" and Doenetwork says "white or hispanic" but the header on this thread says black.

I'm going by the PM photo. She might be Black/Hispanic, as she was thought to be possibly from the Dominican Republic. Or she might be just black (non-Hispanic). Both her facial features, and her skin color indicate black, IMO

But no way is she white (non-black non-Hispanic), or white/Hispanic (non-black)

bump this up. i had noticed this case before.

i believe that she was an immigrant.

I believe the case file said she spoke Spanish with a Dominican accent. Many Dominican people have very dark skin and and African-type hair.

IMO, she looks slimmer than the reported height of 5'4 and weight of 174 lbs.

I just calculated the BMI with the reported height and it is just barely under Obese. Looking at the post-mortem and Carl's recon, she does not look obese. I know people show their weight differently and whatnot, but it still seems really improbable that she is "obese".

I wonder if the weight as 147 lbs., and mislabeled as 174?

Sorry if I'm stressing a minor point, it's just, she does not look obese, or even overweight, to me.

I've noticed that in many of our UID's. Faces really don't tell you anything about overall weight or appearance.

Springrain , I agree with Carbuff you really can't judge weight from just the face. Also studies show Blacks in general have greater bone density and muscle mass as compared to their Caucasian counterparts so this may account for part of the weight.

I'm Black. I'm almost 5'6. I went to the doctor once and she told me at 145 pounds I was probably about 5 pounds over weight. I wore a size 4 and I was so thin you could see my pelvic bone. ( I stopped seeing her because she obviously was not paying attention to me) Now I weigh 175 and wear an 8/10. From the neck up you would probably think I'm a bit chubby (thanks Dad for the chipmunk cheeks) but you would never call me overweight if you saw my whole body.

it may be that she carried weight in her thighs and butt. that is how I carry, I am fit looking at 5"8 and 185. (im fatter than that right now but I digress) the traditional BMI states I am obese at that weight but I am not.

I just calculated the BMI with the reported height and it is just barely under Obese. Looking at the post-mortem and Carl's recon, she does not look obese. I know people show their weight differently and whatnot, but it still seems really improbable that she is "obese".

I wonder if the weight as 147 lbs., and mislabeled as 174?

Sorry if I'm stressing a minor point, it's just, she does not look obese, or even overweight, to me.

Also if she was more on the muscular side she would weigh more than she looks, since muscle weighs more than fat. Not sure if that was the case here, but that could affect how she looks as well.

July 5, 2004

THE CASE OF JANE DOE No. M04-2424 landed on Detective Paul Callahan's desk two days after her death. Female, black Hispanic, 25 to 35 years of age, 5'4" to 5'7" tall, 150 to 175 lbs in weight, shoulder-length dark hair, a carving of what appears to be a 'J & M' on arm, read the victim's description stamped on a police poster. Little is known about the woman, who was strangled and dumped April 27 between parked cars on W. 141st St. in Hamilton Heights, next to a pile of trash bags. People in the neighborhood remember her only as a local woman who spoke Spanish with a Dominican accent.
In the massive city cemetery on Hart Island, the unidentified dead are buried in cheap pine coffins, piled three deep in 15-by-40 foot trenches dug by Rikers Island inmates.
In the case of the woman found dead in Hamilton Heights, three Manhattan men were charged three days after her death.

There have been no matches to her fingerprints, but Callahan hopes a check with the Dominican police will yield results. Cops believe she may be called Julissa - a name emblazoned in a golden hoop earring found on the pavement close to her body.

Though the case will remain open, her still-unidentified body left the city morgue June 15 for Potter's Field.
http://www.nydailynews.com/archives...ignity-city-nameless-victims-article-1.618119

I think canvassing at the time may have found a name for her, but at the time, whoebver was familiar w her were the "don't talk to police" type. I think the window has closed and those who knew her have moved on. I think her family is in DR.

She lived for 20-30 years, some will still remember her, neighbourhood people did. There are AlwayS some windows open, just to find them...

I have hope too, but im thinking she was a recent immigrant who lived around a transient population. if not homeless, then living in small rentals and didn't have much money. ppl like that move a lot.

I hope I am wrong.

She lived for 20-30 years, some will still remember her, neighbourhood people did. There are AlwayS some windows open, just to find them...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OwlEyes
Back