729 users online (134 members and 595 guests)  

Websleuths News

View Poll Results: Would you lie to save your child's life?

Voters
552. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

100 18.12%
  • No

261 47.28%
  • I don't know

191 34.60%

Page 1 of 33 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Would you lie in court to save your child? CLOSED FOR REVIEW

After watching/listening to Cindy tell the court she searched for Chloroform, I *felt* that it was highly possible she was fibbing in order to protect her daughter. Also her comment about there being a stain already in the car used by ICA.

Would YOU lie to save your child?
    Children are the hands by which we take hold of Heaven -H Beecher

Not if my child murdered my grandchild, accused her brother and father of sexual abuse and then also accused her father of covering up the death. Nope. My child would need to face the music. You can still love your child.

"It is not a Justice System. It is just a system." ~Bob Enyart

"It is certain, in any case, that ignorance is the most ferocious enemy justice can have."
    James A. Baldwin AMEN. We saw that on 7-5-11.

Rest In Peace, Caylee Marie Anthony. You are in a better place

I love my son but I could not do what CA did today, it was disgusting.

I have to say... if it meant the death penalty, I just might. I would want him punished, but death is something much different!
    It's just MOO. I could be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time and it surely won't be the last!

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

i think its possbile that casey got the idea from cindys search .. then google too with the suggestions it gives off ? and for my daughter i really dont know if it meant saving her life yeah probably if it meant her just getting life then no

If Cindy covers for the chloroform searches, that would take out the premeditated charge. That would save Casey's life. But hopefully won't let her off scott free. I hope.

There is still a dead body in Casey's car.

I asked my 16 yr old son and his reply was interesting... He said he would NOT lie, though he said telling the truth and knowing it might destroy his child's life would tear his heart in two. He also said if it was a death penalty case he might *think* about it but in the end would feel the need to tell the truth!

Nice news to hear from a teenager!

-Mish
    Children are the hands by which we take hold of Heaven -H Beecher

I would lie in court to save my son's life. I would do anything to save his life...anything at all.

Quote Originally Posted by zadari View Post
    i think its possbile that casey got the idea from cindys search .. then google too with the suggestions it gives off ? and for my daughter i really dont know if it meant saving her life yeah probably if it meant her just getting life then no
    I agree that Casey could have gotten the idea from Cindy's searches. I do hope they can get Cindy's work computer, but if they swap out computers like we do at the hospital I work with, that computer is long gone.

In these same circumstances, absolutely not. My own parents are very involved in my daughter's life. When hubby and I are working, they take her to school and pick her up, play with her all afternoon, and still come over on the weekends to see her. If tomorrow I snap and become a monster like Casey, I would expect my family to do whatever is necessary to honor their grandchild and see that I'm punished for it. And likewise, if I find that my own child is wired wrong, and she grows into a monster capable of harming a child, I would do the same for my grandchild.

Not if my child killed my grand child. DP does not mean much anymore because they sit in a private cell for 25+ years while they go thru years of appeals. I would most likely be dead and gone by the time the DP was actually carried out if I were involved in this case.
    Evil has a face - that face is CA

No way. Even in these circumstances I'm too much of a straight and narrow kinda person when it comes to the law. Plus I'm a horrible liar. lol
    Not-Guilty doesn't mean Innocent.

I don't have children but, my brother does. I know my parent's answer though. They would not lie for a child of theirs that killed their grandchild. They would try to attend court and offer support for what he had to face.

ecs5298 is offline Founding Member of AFKBPOFPOPL & Hardwood Mulch King & Bacon Addict
    I voted no, with a caveat that if it was because my child was being prosecuted for killing my grandchild!
    "When it all goes down the crapper, don't come crying to me. You were warned" - ecs5298, November 6, 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Turnadot View Post
    I would lie in court to save my son's life. I would do anything to save his life...anything at all.
    Wait, let me amend this to read: not if he murdered my grand child, but thankfully I'll never be faced with having to lie to spare him from the death penalty.

Page 1 of 33 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast