Would you lie in court to save your child? CLOSED FOR REVIEW

Would you lie to save your child's life?

• Yes

Votes: 100 18.1%
  • No

Votes: 261 47.3%
  • I don't know

Votes: 191 34.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mish

Reaction score
After watching/listening to Cindy tell the court she searched for Chloroform, I *felt* that it was highly possible she was fibbing in order to protect her daughter. Also her comment about there being a stain already in the car used by ICA.

Would YOU lie to save your child?

Not if my child murdered my grandchild, accused her brother and father of sexual abuse and then also accused her father of covering up the death. Nope. My child would need to face the music. You can still love your child.

I love my son but I could not do what CA did today, it was disgusting.

I have to say... if it meant the death penalty, I just might. I would want him punished, but death is something much different!

i think its possbile that casey got the idea from cindys search .. then google too with the suggestions it gives off ? and for my daughter i really dont know if it meant saving her life yeah probably if it meant her just getting life then no

If Cindy covers for the chloroform searches, that would take out the premeditated charge. That would save Casey's life. But hopefully won't let her off scott free. I hope.

There is still a dead body in Casey's car.

I asked my 16 yr old son and his reply was interesting... He said he would NOT lie, though he said telling the truth and knowing it might destroy his child's life would tear his heart in two. He also said if it was a death penalty case he might *think* about it but in the end would feel the need to tell the truth!

Nice news to hear from a teenager!:rocker:

-Mish

I would lie in court to save my son's life. I would do anything to save his life...anything at all.

i think its possbile that casey got the idea from cindys search .. then google too with the suggestions it gives off ? and for my daughter i really dont know if it meant saving her life yeah probably if it meant her just getting life then no

I agree that Casey could have gotten the idea from Cindy's searches. I do hope they can get Cindy's work computer, but if they swap out computers like we do at the hospital I work with, that computer is long gone.

In these same circumstances, absolutely not. My own parents are very involved in my daughter's life. When hubby and I are working, they take her to school and pick her up, play with her all afternoon, and still come over on the weekends to see her. If tomorrow I snap and become a monster like Casey, I would expect my family to do whatever is necessary to honor their grandchild and see that I'm punished for it. And likewise, if I find that my own child is wired wrong, and she grows into a monster capable of harming a child, I would do the same for my grandchild.

Not if my child killed my grand child. DP does not mean much anymore because they sit in a private cell for 25+ years while they go thru years of appeals. I would most likely be dead and gone by the time the DP was actually carried out if I were involved in this case.

No way. Even in these circumstances I'm too much of a straight and narrow kinda person when it comes to the law. Plus I'm a horrible liar. lol

I don't have children but, my brother does. I know my parent's answer though. They would not lie for a child of theirs that killed their grandchild. They would try to attend court and offer support for what he had to face.

I voted no, with a caveat that if it was because my child was being prosecuted for killing my grandchild!

I would lie in court to save my son's life. I would do anything to save his life...anything at all.
Wait, let me amend this to read: not if he murdered my grand child, but thankfully I'll never be faced with having to lie to spare him from the death penalty.

I would not lie in court for my children, what I would do is tell the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth whether I had lied originally in depositions or not, and take whatever punishment came my way and then beg the court at sentencing to spare my daughter the ultimate punishment.

Not being co-dependant means letting others take responsibility for their actions.

Hope CA doesn't mind ICA coming back home if she gets away with this. I would be sleeping with one eye open, a locked door and a body guard if I were her if God forbid ICA gets acquitted.

What Cindy did on the stand today is the very reason she has to sit in a court of law to testify for her daughter on trial for killing her daughter & facing the death penalty.

No. i would make sure that my child learned to accept the consequences of their actions. That is called parenting.

I might. One does not know what they would do at the time. Having said that, I am shocked that today happened.

I voted with my son's answer; I purposefully did not want to provide lots of different options because it's too easy to add a million "under these conditions" and I wanted a more black or white answer.

If I could vote twice, I'd have to honestly say, "I don't know". Mainly because my two boys mean the world to me, but at the same time I'd be so nervous in court I doubt I could even fib about the smallest thing asked of me. I'd most likely confess every mistake I'd ever made regardless whether it was relevant or not to the case! :innocent:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk