Please Stop Talking About Trolls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
From now on please do not mention trolls, do not post, "Do not feed the trolls" or mention trolls in any way shape or form

If you have the term "Troll" in your signature line please remove it.

There is no need to keep bringing up trolls and asking people to stop feeding them.

If you feel there is a troll on the forum hit the alert button. That's all you need to do.

It takes away from the discussion when you stop to post about Trolls along with the fact that it is name calling in a general sense.

We do not allow "Trolls" on Websleuths so if you feel there is trolling going on just alert us. Then our moderators will judge the situation.

Just because someone has a different point of view and wants to discuss it does not make them a troll.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Tricia Griffith
Websleuths.com

I give HUGE kudos to the mods and for you Tricia keeping up with this forum. I cannot imagine how difficult it must be for them giving how fast these threads are going when people post in them!! It's hard to keep up with them just reading so kudos to the mods who do their jobs here! I love this forum! :D

Some of our posts are abusing our TOS lately. We are going to be issuing 48 hour TOs for them rather than just <modsnip>. Please read our TOS etiquette rules. I've copied a couple of the more problematic areas here:

Abuse / Flaming / Derogatory Comments:

Abusive Comments, Flaming, or derogatory insults or comments are strictly against the rules. If you disagree with another member&#8217;s point of view, do so in a mature and civil manner. If someone posts to discuss their personal problems or seeks help from other forums members, please do not respond unless you have something positive or helpful to add. If you find yourself being flamed or insulted by another member, please do not dignify that person with a response. Notify a moderator and let us handle it.

Derogatory Name Changes to Case Players/General Name Calling

In an effort to keep case discussion constructive, name calling, general bashing and using derogatory name variations for any of the case players is not tolerated. Regardless of how we may feel about many of the people that are the focus of our discussion here,it is always best to elevate the conversation and avoid this type of posting behavior. Feel free to express your displeasure with individuals that are being discussed, just avoid petty nastiness,name calling, name changes and over the top rude posts directed at case players.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65798"]Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

This is what the mods go by. Complying by the rules will prevent anyone from not knowing what they can and cannot post. :skip:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie